It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by SassyCat
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Sorry my friend, but the black SUV on the provided picture is absolutely unnecessary for anyone.

Depends on how big your family is. If you have 3 or 4 kids you won't have a chance with a piece of crap like an Opel Astra (or would you tie two of your kids on the roof?)

And really, what's the big deal? Accidents happen all the time, the world's an imperfect place. Just because we humans made a little mistake with that oil, doesn't mean that we should stop bringing up oil.

Does any of you nature freaks realize, how many animals get killed by earth itself? Through Earthquakes? Volcanoes? Tornados? Tsunamis? Heat Waves?
Why does nobody "cry" for those animals and go up and say "# you "Mother Nature" you stupid bitch for killing our innocent animals"? Nooo, earth is perfect and if it kills animals it must be for a greater good but we humans are just a waste and so evil and bad and if we do one tiny mistake it means that we all should die because earth doesn't need us

Oh and i will continue to drive my Corvette

Because those animals died because of a natural event. NOT because of a enormous *%$#-up that a greedy corporation made.

Hey who knows hopefully a tree will fall on you or something else that would make the earth a slighty better place without you. Hopefully its not you crashing your corvette. I love V8's just not people.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Uhg.. disgusting.. I saw these clips on the news this morning, words can't describe how disgusting it is.

Computer models show oil hitting the gulf stream current by day 65 and being slingshotted up the East coast clear up to New Jersey .. regardless if the flow is stopped, the remaining oil is more than likely to continue damaging a wide area, especially now it seems Florida.

And still .. very little being done aside from setting up booms. Where is the massive government response to clear these shores??

We have millions of able bodied men and women unemployed.. from recent grads to former middle class. How about the Government pay $500 a week per person, offer them free airfare to get to the gulf, provide them with cleaning materials and a trailer or something to sleep in provided by FEMA, and CLEAN THIS UP!

BP can pay the cost, and it will stimulate the economy, especially in the gulf! If the Government had such a program I'd be out there the next day, and we could have tens of thousands scrubbing birds, clearing beaches, laying protection for wetlands, and prepping other states like Florida for the coming disaster.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

But what ol' Mother Nature is really good at is, killing off the source
of the problem and then rebuilds itself. In this case it's Man, but life
on earth will continue.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
S&F for the OP, Great pictures here. I wonder what a human would look like?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
the true impact of this accident is going to be staggering. in all likelihood the areas affected will not recover in any of our life-times nor that of our children. we here in the usa will see 'scorched earth' up close and personal.

the horror that every living thing along the gulf coast is going to suffer through, humans and critters alike.

as far as i am concerned BP has committed a crime against humanity and against the world at large. criminal charges for these actions somehow feels like not enough.

if only the us government could declare war on a corporation - as anti-war as i am i feel like 'shock and awe' is what BP deserves.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

We have millions of able bodied men and women unemployed.. from recent grads to former middle class. How about the Government pay $500 a week per person, offer them free airfare to get to the gulf, provide them with cleaning materials and a trailer or something to sleep in provided by FEMA, and CLEAN THIS UP!

BP can pay the cost, and it will stimulate the economy, especially in the gulf! If the Government had such a program I'd be out there the next day, and we could have tens of thousands scrubbing birds, clearing beaches, laying protection for wetlands, and prepping other states like Florida for the coming disaster.

Sounds good to me mate.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
That is intense, very bad.

Just imagine the fish

We have never done something THIS bad to our planet... how irresponsible.

TEST FAILED.

Yes it is bad, but my immediate thought to your (We have never done something THIS bad to our planet)
was the thought of all the collective effect of all the nuclear bomb testing done and the radiation put in the atmosphere and into the soil and everything within and under the soil, over the years.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We share the earth with these beautiful creatures, and we have let them down. We have failed.

My little one asked me the other day, "why do we have to have oil? can't we leave the oil alone in the ground?"

indeed

I don't want to be a hypocrite anymore. I want to find ways to live without oil, and I wish everyone would join me. Oil is many things, but I believe that we have progressed as a people to the point where we can find the alternatives and make them work.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
Lets imagine 2011...Its campaign time, and Obama has to defend against criticism for the greatest depression, the utter destruction of the gulf/possibly east coast, double digit inflation, failed promise to pull troops out of Iraq, high unemployment and a gulf oil leak that is still not 100% contained...
Will you and Joy Behar still blame Bush/Chaney then?
Just wait till pictures emerge of the poor little turtles all covered in crude and dieing...

It'll neeeeeever happen. If you bring any of that up, your a racist. (even that card isn't holding the power it once did) obama'll never be held to the standard President Bush was. . by the press. But the public that's another matter, I think obama's lost his shine, the kool-aids not working as well, and people without the press' help are starting to realise they made a huge mistake. We're in interesting times, not good times, but interesting, what with North an South Korea, the Middle East, the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
We share the earth with these beautiful creatures, and we have let them down. We have failed.
My little one asked me the other day, "why do we have to have oil? can't we leave the oil alone in the ground?"
indeed
I don't want to be a hypocrite anymore. I want to find ways to live without oil, and I wish everyone would join me. Oil is many things, but I believe that we have progressed as a people to the point where we can find the alternatives and make them work.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything. But. We need oil. If it weren't for oil we wouldn't have electricty, we wouldn't have our computers we love
, we wouldn't have nearly all the things that make our lives easier in hospitals and at home.
With that being said, here's what I'd do if I were in charge: Build more refineries, increase drilling (safely) and go ape building nuclear power plants . . . hold on, let me finish. In the mean time funneling billions into alternitive fuels research. By the time the refineries an shortly after the comes online the first power plants should be nearly finished. In doing this, I've done two things. 1) built ourselves out of this recession were in, and 2) made us almost selfsufficent. And the US is back on top.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is the USA's dirty little Secret that I want everyone of you reading this to start spreading to EVERYONE! This is the KEY thing we need to realize and get UPSET about.

What many of you are not understanding is that we've had Tesla Free Energy tech for over 50 years. Tesla did it almost 100 years ago and it's been used in the US black projects for at LEAST 50 years according to many of the Project Camelot whistleblowers and others. There is NO DOUBT we have this technology.

So I want everybody to spread the word. It's time for the USA to bring out the Free Energy that evil people in the US have kept from us. Think about it. Our future was stolen! We haven't needed ANY oil for over 50 years!

That's the dirty little secret they don't want you to know and spread all over the world because the USA has been taken over by new world order trash that DO NOT want you to be able to get free energy for your home and car. That makes you independent and NOT a SLAVE.

By the way, any ATSer that isn't working toward 5,000 friends on Facebook is not doing all they can to spread the word. I went from 150 friends to 5,000 friends in about 4 months so most of you could get 5,000 friends easily by just adding some each day by the end of the day. Let's DO IT and smash the LIES with our numbers. We can change the planet if ALL of us will do something on Facebook or with boots on the ground EVERY day. This is a war and it's time to stop messing around only discussing it on ATS. That does NOTHING to wake up the planet. Get 5000 friends on Facebook and send them to ATS and other sites - that starts to change things!

WAKE UP this planet through facebook and any other way you can. It's time to expose all the new world trash that is trying to destroy our planet. It's time for the LIES to stop! We haven't needed oil for over 50 years!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but this gets me mad as hell to look at stuff like this. The elites will do anything to further their agenda.

Now to all the "Americans" out there, you did not do this. Do not feel guilty about whats happening because it's not your fault. BP allowed this to happen because it is another plan to accomplish world governance by the elite.

If we think this is bad, just wait to see what is in store for later this year.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
in spite of all this, can you believe there are people out there still saying "This oil spill is no big deal"?

“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”

"What better way to head off more oil drilling, nuclear plants, than by blowing up a rig? I'm just noting the timing here."

-Rush Limbaugh

I mean seriously - why does everything in this crap-hole country have to be politicized?

Those pictures made me ashamed. And what sickens me more is there's more discussion about how to get the oil out of the water, than there is about how to stop the oil in the first place.

And there's NO TALK about how to save the wild life (Except here. Of course)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Uhg.. disgusting.. I saw these clips on the news this morning, words can't describe how disgusting it is.

Computer models show oil hitting the gulf stream current by day 65 and being slingshotted up the East coast clear up to New Jersey .. regardless if the flow is stopped, the remaining oil is more than likely to continue damaging a wide area, especially now it seems Florida.

And still .. very little being done aside from setting up booms. Where is the massive government response to clear these shores??

[edit on 6/4/2010 by Rockpuck]

BP would have to pay for it. We as a country are broke, remember? Does 13 trillion $$ ring a bell? Regardless, you are right... Why isn't the government preparing for day 65 when it gets into the gulf currents? We already have national guard on the payroll, get them out there and prepare florida and the east coast for this! Quit sending kids to Armenia in the Peace Corps we need them here! God, we are being led by morons.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by doublehelix]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
has anyone ever thought about this "disaster" was made to sway everyones emotion and make everyone vulnerable to mass mind control? when people are too emotional they are easily controlled.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the pics. I made a quick video from them:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Those pictures are too horrible to look at. BP and the U.S government are completely and utterly useless. Two of the largest and arguably the richest entities on the planet, and all they can do is sit around and watch oil bubble out of the sea.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Long time reader, first time poster.

This probably won't come as a surprise to people, but i'm pretty sure it was ATS i read it on.
I read that Russia and USA are going to be fixing oil prices in 2010 + and this was several months before this spill happened.
Maybe they're going to brainfart an excuse to raise price, but we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I find it so hard to take sides and comment on something like this. On one hand this is probably the biggest man made disaster ever. But on the other hand we are so darn dependent on this stuff we can't really just say "ok thats it no more drilling". We need to find an alternate source of energy fast. Everytime we fill up our cars we shell out money to country's that hate us. I wont even try to pin the blame on one person, administration, or government the list is to big here. We have been walking a very fine line for a while now it was only a matter of time before something like this happned. The thing that irks me is the fact these suits act like thay dont really care. The vp of BP wants to just be left alone... It took obama 40+ days before he got upset and decided to take any action at all... This all stinks to high hevean... Pardon the pun...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Why are you all whining about the media? Every single news channel is running stories on the oil spill 24/7, even Fox has a constant storyline, not to mention the 24 hour feed from the camera by the leaking pipe - and I saw those exact same pictures of the dead and dying wildlife on the evening news last night - how much more exposure do you need?

The REAL story here is the complete ineptitude of the government to deal with the catastrophe - they are just sitting back and letting BP fumble the ball. Where is the Corps of Engineers, the government scientists, the deep sea oceanographers, the cleanup experts, the chemical experts, the salvage experts - WHERE ??!?!?

The ONLY thing I have seen this joke of an administration do is set that turd like retard Eric Holder loose on the oil companies to see if he can bring any criminal charges - hey, word to the wise you incompetent fools, how about we fix the leak and clean up the oil before we start trying to prosecute the only people who are currently trying to fix it.

What an absolute DISGRACE.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join