It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
By the time this is all said a done, which will be a long time, the gulf will be a dead zone, and will spread to the Atlantic. BP and anyone who wants to help should now before it spreads beyond the gulf of Mexico, but with hurricane season, when the first one comes they will all have to pack up and leave for safety reasons . and will continue to spread.

last week i was at my local river swimming and some girls that were there just heard about it, just. some people just don't care about the world that's going on around them, just there own little world is all they care about.

it really makes me want to rage war, but i know that will only make my life worse and will do absolutely nothing in the end.

seems the ocean will soon die.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I cannot contain my tears and emotion over this, it is so very upsetting! How can we do this to our eco system? Our needs have cost lives, our gas greed is too much for the world to bear.

I just want to walk from now on......

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Those are indeed bad pics.

BUT, how do you know they are pics from the Gulf oil spill and not just pics from an oil spill in the past of some tanker spill in recent years?

Dont believe anything unless you see it with your own eyes at the scene!!

This is how rumors spread guys!!

They are from the spill . Here are the original pictures with more pictures and sadly some dolphins and turtles have died.www.straitstimes.com...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My whole short life i have watch this world continually change, now it's faster than ever, i thought katrina was bad. this oil leak is history in progress. hopefully, ocean wildlife wont be history.

makes me somewhat emotional to, more should be done.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
that i just heartwrenching and gruesome
im pretty sure those pictures are from this gusher not others, just because ive seen them in other sources like an AP news post

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

I think you will find the Pelican in the photos is a brown pelican (NOT because it is covered in F***ing oil) but that is it's species type !!!

Found in North America and Gulf Coast region... so likehood is that these pics are genuine and disgusting !!!

NEXT TIME we all get in our Gas guzzling cars to buy a bag of donuts or the latest irrelevant 'Celebrity' must have then MAYBE WE SHOULD THINK OF THESE IMAGES !!!!

A thoroughly pissed off PurleDog UK !!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Disturbing photos?

Check this possibility out
www2.ucar.edu...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by jazz10]
blacklistednews.com...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Sorry but I have to agree here in part with the sentiment of what Super Genius is saying here...

We all know that in our pretty littled engineered world where we have anything and everything ON TAP then we ALL contribute to using oil, power, wastage etc etc....... the point trying to be made is that MAYBE we do not need as much as we think we do and could EASILY live on significantly less than we do !!!

WE could ALL moderate our lives and the CONSUMPTION that we currently Take forgranted......

AND yes we do eat FAR TOO much meat, more than we need to in a healthly diet.......

Nothing controversial there.......... and if anyone thinks it is then examine your own consumption before ranting on here !!!

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Why do people play the innocent? Why do pictures work while the facts are clear. Humans = Assholes

WE HAVE OPTIONS GUYS:

Who need a SUV in a town? And to boycott PB, more Irony isn't possible my dear tank drivers. We are guilty, every one of us. Take the bitter pill and (try to) open your eyes. It could have happen to shell or someone else, it's not oly BP's fail - it's in first line a fail of politics, USA wanted to use their own oil, instead of the african, so thy gave the permission to drill that deep. It's a States job to control this stuff.

Sure, the facts hurt me too, but look - nobody does something against it.

Stop buying #, you don't need, like handys or graphic cards every six months.
Stop eating Burgers from sick animals
Stop ignore the fact that you are guilty
Stop spreading hate and fear
Stop live violently
Just Stop it, or nature will kill us all, once it's the last option for peace, sanity, regard and wisdom. Earth need no Humans, but....ya know.

We have to get mature, now or never, - my verdict.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
And yet people on this very website were downplaying this incident and claiming it was the media attempting to cash in. It is this very attitude which is extremely dangerous. They were wrong. The spill has turned out absolutely terrible. Absolutely #ing terrible.

In any case I believe that we should attempt to regulate the oil industry to a greater standard, and also reduce oil use by using natural gas to power cars. I'd rather FRACK BABY FRACK rather than DRILL BABY DRILL. Use Nuclear to offset the lost natural gas electricity production.

That would massively lower greenhouse gas emissions, massively lower incidents involving production, lower air pollution hugely, lower energy imports, and possibly lower costs.

It also allows us to keep all the positive elements that oil brings, such as cheap transportation. I am hesitant with people stating that we should reduce consumption. I agree if they mean efficiencies like economy cars and more efficient appliances. If they tell us to stop buying useful stuff (yeah like graphics cards, I like entertainment) then that's where I disagree. One of the only reasons we live like kings compared to the rest of human history is because of abundant energy. It's possible to get there using Thorium reactors.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Bspiracy

Sorry but I have to agree here in part with the sentiment of what Super Genius is saying here...

We all know that in our pretty littled engineered world where we have anything and everything ON TAP then we ALL contribute to using oil, power, wastage etc etc....... the point trying to be made is that MAYBE we do not need as much as we think we do and could EASILY live on significantly less than we do !!!

WE could ALL moderate our lives and the CONSUMPTION that we currently Take forgranted......

AND yes we do eat FAR TOO much meat, more than we need to in a healthly diet.......

Nothing controversial there.......... and if anyone thinks it is then examine your own consumption before ranting on here !!!

PurpleDOG UK

You are right, and also try only to cosume what I "need". But the #ing system will collapse if all do this, the damn system just doesn't work. It's like with the tax (self breeding money), every country in the world has a lot of depths - logic result of our stupid acting in this world. I fear, we can slowly see the finish line of this race, And we can only win or loose, for every. Silly Mankind.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Cleaning...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So instead of trying to help the animals, we just stand there and take photos?

Forget the camera, it would be bucket of clean water and sponges for me

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Why do people play the innocent? Why do pictures work while the facts are clear. Humans = Assholes

yes we all have one and we are, as for that tiny car, good luck trying to get more Americans to drive it. we are arrogant like that. we like our big, safe SUV's

the leak might open some of our eyes, but like i said earlier, most people are stuck in there own world and don't care much for whats going on in the world around them

edit typos

[edit on 4-6-2010 by quantumdragon]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I do not understand how 'hurt your feelings' with my reply to the original posting ??

Please explain ?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
CLEANING....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

What type of Pelican is the one pictured in this story which is covered from head to toe in oil ??

The point I was making incidentally was to an earlier post by someone who was doubting the authenticity of these pictures ?? I found that hard to swallow, someone trying to cast doubt on the sheer scale and effect this disaster has and is having on the ECO system in that area.....

Fail ?? what your point, one nil to you ... well done ... get a life !!

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

.....I think you will find the Pelican in the photos is a brown pelican (NOT because it is covered in F***ing oil) but that is it's species type !!!....

I don't think that's the point....

[edit on 4/6/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Sorry, you posted this:

.....I think you will find the Pelican in the photos is a brown pelican (NOT because it is covered in F***ing oil) but that is it's species type !!!....

Maybe you wanted to make a question...so sorry then. forget it, i will clean my posts...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i am rarely impressed...these photos impressed me

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join