It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity
I'm just curious.

Why didn't they use microbes from day one of disaster?

Because it would've made sence? I really don't know, I've thought that myself. Same with building the temporary sand burms to stop the oil from reaching shore.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I also posted some pictures. It's a sad state we've put our ocean in.

Check out my thread too:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's hope we've not finally did the unthinkable and killed ourselves.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The more I think of it the more I think it has been done intentionally. Question is why would they do such a stupid thing?? To scare people? So tired of the stupidity that has been going on. Governments.... who needs them when they can not do things right. This could have been fixed and done already. So what are they waiting for?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I may just be hormonal, but those pictures made me cry. All those poor animals without a voice just dying, and noone really doing anything to help, i'm sure if BP allowed people to help, and told us like it is, people would be getting in there trying to save the wildlife and give it a fighting chance. but, they aren't

I also feel like crying after seeing those photos. That image will be ingrained in my head for a long time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
This is nothing new this is profiteering by the US GOVERNMENT AND THE UN...

You're kidding me right...?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm sure this planet will do what's necessary in the near future to balance the imbalance we have created.

I just recently talked to some classmates about the Gulf and they seemed quite oblivious to the extend of the damage thus far. I realized then that I get my news here...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stardust13

Bravo! Someone sees the light!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stardust13

Well here is one possible reason. Read the entire thread to better understand. Was it sabotage?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stardust13
The more I think of it the more I think it has been done intentionally. Question is why would they do such a stupid thing?? To scare people? So tired of the stupidity that has been going on. Governments.... who needs them when they can not do things right. This could have been fixed and done already. So what are they waiting for?

You hit the nail on the head, they don't want to stop the leak nor do they possess the technology to stop it swiftly. When WE live in fear, THEY have control. I tend to think this was a carefully thought out plan that is falling perfectly into place.

The proverbial "perfect storm" is brewing as we speak.
Out of control oil geyser + worst predicted hurricane season in recent memory= BIG PROBLEMS.
How do they plan on evacuating 21+ million people???

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Very sad, and needs to be seen daily to keep the issue a top priority in all the world's minds.

Good point, we should ALL take part in spreading this information. The MSM can only hide the true implications of this disaster for so long when everyone is talking.

maby thats the point redirect attension
away from the fraud going on

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just in case you all haven't seen it...here's some news footage of the oil-covered birds. I don't know if it's the exact same one from the photos in the OP, but either way...

video.foxnews.com...

--J

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
reply to post by discl0sur3

Man that really is heartbreaking.

It makes me wanna go outside and find the first duck or squirrel I see and apologize on behalf of the entire human race for being such materialistic jerks.

What beautiful words as I try to find a way to say goodbye to these members of our Southern ecosystem, which has always been a healing balm to those of us who live here, and are intelligent and evolved in the ways that count most, those of nature, of life, and of the ebb and flow of greater things.

We have been cleaning up the wetlands here for some decades now, and it hurts so very badly to see these animals suffering, dying, and probably never able to populate these areas again in my lifetime.

Also, I hope the rest of the country is aware that the fumes are already making people on shore sick. No need to plan any purchases until further notice.

So much for that little shack on the beach I hoped to retire to. No one wants to stare out at even more deadness in the world.

Where does a Southern coastal resident go from here?

*long sad sigh*

Folks are putting up crosses for all the things that will not be back in their lifetimes. Instead of the annual festivals celebrating the beginning of the different kinds of seafood harvests, only prayer meetings are happening now. There is no fishing in so many areas that the harvest is not there to celebrate.

Here in Birmingham, we have an annual crawfish boil which is the highlight of the season. It's an inland creature, but much of the commercial amounts of crawfish, which is among the cheapest and most common seafood around, come from the coast. For us, it's a cultural tradition. For them, it's a thankful celebration of God's goodness, when kids get clothes, people get married, boats and cars fixed, dentists visited, credit cards paid.

You get the idea. Tourists, as well, help to make up for the long cold money-meager winters, and it's a time of beauty, abundance, and truly good feelings. Everyone eats well, no matter how rich or poor, and it's good food, easier than beef, and so diverse. One's culture shows in the style of cooking as well.
Mobile is not the same as Savannah. New Orleans is quite different than Pensacola.

All these things slowly passing away into darkness and death, and those 11 families without their men, this is what BP has given to us for all the money and opportunities we have given them.

*long sad sigh*

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
those of you who eat meat cause pain and misery equall to or worse than this ona regualr basis. and allthough none of you (probably) had anything at all to do with this oil spill, you all directly inflict mortal injury on livestock every time you eat a burger or downa few wings.
food for thought, no pun intended,.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
But you guys.... what should we DO about this?
About the oil that's been spilled and about our dependence on oil for fuel and plastics?
What kinds of alternative/free energy sources are our there? What can be used now and what could hypothetically be used in the near future?
How about we come up with some answers?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Oh man.. I haven't cried like this in a while.
These pictures are my home..
where i grew up..
where I've swam and had the opportunity to pet a dolphin in the wild
where I grew up fishing, shrimping , crabbing, cast netting swimming, ..

jesus I can't even type..

my way of life, the way of life of my family, friends neighbors...about to be completely gone.

I can't go back now. I'm not even allowed to go look at my favorite beach..

Can't fish, events are canceled, I'm losing income, family members will surely lose their business in the next couple of months..

I can barely focus on the screen this is so devastating.
-----

I'm a non violent individual but the amount of rage and hate that I have suddenly developed in the past month is something I am not accustomed to.
I've been avoiding looking at pictures and talking to others about it because I knew this emotional explosion was inevitable.
--------
If you have any clue to what happened after the Valdez incident concerning mortality rates, depression rises, cancer rises, suicide rises etc.. this is going to dwarf it.
I have friends who are now on the beaches cleaning and I am afraid for their lives.

--
If individuals are found directly guilty of causing this event, I know several people who want to find them and bring them back to the coast to drown them in the same muck as the wildlife I and everyone around me has cherished for so long.

Personally, drowning is too lenient.

b

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesTheScribe
Just in case you all haven't seen it...here's some news footage of the oil-covered birds. I don't know if it's the exact same one from the photos in the OP, but either way...

video.foxnews.com...

--J

So sad...that poor Pelican was still alive, unable to move because of the sludge. This needless suffering of these poor helpless creatures infuriates me! Thank you for sharing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f8aa8e6c797.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a43a362d5479.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"Tin Foil Hat" being tried NOW... 1:00 Am into it live CNN

See my comments for CNN/Bill Nye and BP animation of this "Hat"

BP pushes ahead Tin Foil Hat ow.ly... #BP #push #ahead #Tin #Foil #Hat #animation #violates #physics #fluid #dynamics #cnn #media

ow.ly...

Paradigm Research Group Unnecessary Preventable Oil Leak UFO Energy ow.ly... #Oil #Leak #UFO #Energy #PRG #image #DC #bird #eti

ow.ly...

No one has yet determined the power of the human species...what it may preform by instinct, and what it may accomplish with rational determination. #DUNE

Bob...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm worried about food shortages. If there's a hurricane, that'd spoil a lot of crops, not to mention meat.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ahhh... I don't even know where to start. This is sickening. I'm with you jolois, I feel like punchin something.

We (as a race) destroy lives and habitats for the life on this planet (including humans), keep viable, clean, free-energy sources from the public, don't release cures (for cancer, and how many other illnesses) found YEARS AGO to anyone.. ahh. I'll just stop.

And I agree with you AwakeinNM, as much as we say "this is happening" the general public doesn't do much about it. What people, who have the capablities, need to do, is create their own viable energy sources, and try to bring them out as quickly as possible to the public (once properly tested), before they and their ideas get Tesla'd.

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
God, these photos made me sick to my very core!
This should be on the front page of EVERY newspaper tomorrow morning!! I just can't look at them again, breaks my F'ing heart too much

Edit to add:

Well, I just sent the following e-mail to CTV, lets see if I get a reply:

"Hi Canada AM team,

I just thought I'd bring this to your attention and hope you are somehow able to make the public aware of the photos on this web page.

www.boston.com...

These photos were truly disturbing and shocking. I feel people need to realise the true extent of the damage and harm this is having on the environment, and more importantly, these beautiful creatures we share planet Earth with.

Yours Respectfully
T***** **** "

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

I think everyone in ATS should copy this message, and send it to however many media outlets and companies, and see what kind of public responses we get. I will definitely try to send a couple before I head to bed.

Too bad tomorrow instead hearing one shred of news of the millions of fishes and aquatic lives lost, the millions of dollars those basterds/chazzers made from this disaster, and all the other countless effects, I'll hear something regarding Obama giving daps to Lebron James and sky diving off his floating yacht.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighteneddante

You know, the answers have been here for over a hundred years.. Go ask Tesla why the warden cliff tower was ripped down or ask Stan Meyer why his water fueled dune buggy ..

oh wait.. they are both dead and one ( if not both) died from un-natural causes.

What needs to be done is to change EVERYTHING.

It starts with kids in school and ends with the government being eradicated.
Oh wait.. I'm talking about the evolution of the human race which isn't going to happen because we as a species will destroy the Earth before we have the chance to evolve.

b

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join