It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The United States government needs to get off their ass and stop this. They need to FORCE BP to invest billions into cleaning this mess up and they need to pull troops out of this pointless #ing war and put them in the damn oil spill to clean it up. These picture do nothing but anger me because it truley shows how much people really care about their plannet and it's wild life. I will be printing these pictures out and spend my next day off hanging them up over super markets and trees around highly populated areas. Something really needs to be done and a public outcry is the only way to force the hand.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
The 6 O'Clock news had footage that really bothered me; one segment showed a bird on his back like the #6 photo of this thread's subject with his feet in the air. The bird was ALIVE and his feet were cycling just as fast as he could pedal, while glued on his back upside down.

So, I check the web about volunteering, having had a good bit of experience with non-oiled birds.

First I get a local organization (local=good I think to myself) and it ends up they want $ - essentially they are selling workshops. I found nothing showing they actually do anything practical.

2nd - Okay, then I click on BP's own volunteer page. Down at the bottom there's a single comment. Apparently if you call that toll free number, you just get referred over to a Louisiana website. The URL was given to clickey-me onto #3

3. I get to the official Loiusiana volunteer website and TADA! A red stop sign. "Volunteers are not needed at this time."

WHOA! You mean to tell me you don't need volunteers because Obama isn't planning another visit or what?

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

Gold star for you for trying to help out. It disgusts me that BP claims help is not needed....OBVIOUS B.S. The fact is, we couldn't gather enough volunteers to even put a dent in this catastrophe.
What they don't want is the general public witnessing what is ACTUALLY going on down there.

Thank you for your comment!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Darkness is the word I felt when looking at these helpless, innocent creatures suffering at our hands. This is the reflection of what we have become. We are the dominant and most dangerous species on this earth detroying everything in our path that stands in the way of our greed. These images will haunt me for many, many years.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For those who may be interested, see my edited previous post for the e-mail I just sent to CTV news here in Canada

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

They mentioned that after the cap was cut, they could expect an additional 20% surge in wellhead flow. It's almost ironically predictable that they would have problems capping it off. The futility of action by involved parties, and complete disregard for humanity and wildlife is completely numbing!

link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

"This is how rumors spread guys!! "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's also how the truth is sometimes revealed.

link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Why haven't I heard "drill baby drill" lately? This is the worst--the completely innocent suffer the most.

I agree with you about the animals, I feel really bad for them. But. Lets put the blame where it belongs, on the enviromentalist, their the ones forcing the oil companies to go further an further out to sea to drill. If this were closer to shore the situation probably could've been taken care of soon and the damage either less sever or better contained.
Or maybe if people start blameing the environmentalists and holding them accountable for hold the US back and for not allowing us to drill here in the US we wouldn't have to drill so much off shore. Maybe if it weren't for the environmentalists we could've been building more nuclear power plants cutting down on our need for so much oil.
As long as everyone likes electricty, heat in the winter, A/C in the summer, watching tv, movies, cd's, dvd's, ipod's, driving, ect, ect all made with or use oil we all hold some of the blame, not just the oil companies.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This blows my mind beyond belief. It really does. Why isnt the US government FORCING bp to invest billions into cleaning this # up? Bankrupt that damn company if you have to.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
For those who may be interested, see my edited previous post for the e-mail I just sent to CTV news here in Canada

That's a great idea, I'll be doing the same in my area.
Thank you!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Oh crap.

Seriously. This is not good.

I know oil burns the eyes. I was just thinking what those birds feel....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by yuefo
Why haven't I heard "drill baby drill" lately? This is the worst--the completely innocent suffer the most.

I agree with you about the animals, I feel really bad for them. But. Lets put the blame where it belongs, on the enviromentalist, their the ones forcing the oil companies to go further an further out to sea to drill. If this were closer to shore the situation probably could've been taken care of soon and the damage either less sever or better contained.
Or maybe if people start blameing the environmentalists and holding them accountable for hold the US back and for not allowing us to drill here in the US we wouldn't have to drill so much off shore. Maybe if it weren't for the environmentalists we could've been building more nuclear power plants cutting down on our need for so much oil.
As long as everyone likes electricty, heat in the winter, A/C in the summer, watching tv, movies, cd's, dvd's, ipod's, driving, ect, ect all made with or use oil we all hold some of the blame, not just the oil companies.

This is no way a personal attack but, does it really matter who's at fault at this point? I think what's important right now is finding a way to stop this "beast" before we destroy our planet.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sickening. It's amazing when politicians like Rand Paul come out and say Obama's stance on BP is "un-american"

how can you not blame BP for this?

S&F

[edit on 3-6-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That is seriously ****ed up. Makes me want to vomit. Look what the NWO is doing. Shame on you!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
All I can say is boycott BP!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

Livestream shows a small pipe with a brown mushroom like extension of some kind right now at bp oil spill through wkrg. When I went to BP, they said to go to wkrg_oil_spill. I get livestream that way, and at times it does show murky waters...is the cap working or not?

And regarding the photos from Boston Globe, all I could say was Oh my god a dozen times or more. It is so dreadful to see that...Besides taking pictures, is anything being done for these poor pelicans?

I heard that BP was going to test Kevin Costner's oil/water separator? What has become of that?

This is a serious tragedy but I do not believe that we should beat ourselves up about it. I do not loathe myself for using oil at all, and do not intend to stop using it either. It operates nearly every technical thing that we have, and we have become dependent upon it. Perhaps we are slowly becoming like the dinosaurs, being edged out of existence on the planet...maybe we do have to wake up before it is too late!

But until then, I am going to take advantage of everything that the oil industry offers me.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
All I can say is boycott BP!!!

Its too hard for people to take 2 minutes out of their day to drive to a different gas station. Even though people act like they care, they only care until it inconveniences them.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm just curious.

Why didn't they use microbes from day one of disaster?

link   
Very few fail to realize why so little is being done to fix this problem and why was allowed to happen in the first place.

However we will all see very soon unfortunately.

link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Oh, your right, your right and I didn't or don't take it as one. I didn't mean my reply to the earlier post to come off hard nosed either.
But your right this beast needs to be put back on it's cage, though I'm afraid that by now the damage to the wild life/ sea life is beyond repair, I hope not. And I have my fingers crossed that this latest plan works.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity
I'm just curious.

Why didn't they use microbes from day one of disaster?

Which microbes are you referring too if you don't mind me asking?
They did start using the dispersal chemical a few days after the leak started if that's what you mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join