It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

I have nothing to add except I agree completely with everything you have said. In fact I am working on my thesis at the moment and it deals predominantly with the methodology for transforming society over the next century. It won't change the world. Probably won't even be taken seriously in academic circles but meh, at least I know one person sees the potential.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
That is intense, very bad.

Just imagine the fish

We have never done something THIS bad to our planet... how irresponsible.

TEST FAILED.

Maybe all of you self-loathing people who feel really guilty about this should report to your nearest prison and turn yourselves in for punishment. Oh, what's that? It's not YOU who is responsible, it's all the other people? Oh, okay.

Nobody feels good when things like this happen, but you have to get your ass to work somehow. So if you have a car or use electricity, why don't you quit your self-hating and blaming someone else and invent a VIABLE alternative energy source. The operative word here: VIABLE.

PuRe EnErGy, not slamming you personally, just using it as a jumping off point and speaking generally.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree that these photo's need to be seen by everyone. I made a protest poster that was graphic like this. I just hate to attract negative energy with images like these.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

As you type on your plastic keyboard.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The photos made me feel ashamed to be human. Not only are the birds and other animals dying, they are dying an agonizing slow death. Wonder what the children thought if they saw the same type of photos on CNN today?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by instead
reply to post by AwakeinNM

As you type on your plastic keyboard.

And drive my SUV and take my groceries out of my plastic bags. So you understood my post? Maybe not.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
the photos made me hungry, of course it looks like chocolate candies to me

ah well, there's always a side effect for earth housing humans.
With how everything is and is becoming daily I've given up, and I'm so desensitized with everything that even animal cruelty videos don't even bother me in the slightest. Course I was known to put m80's in frogs mouths as a kid but that's another story.

strange how nowdays with our media, internet access, etc. Gore, Beheading videos, animal cruelty videos and much more don't even affect me in the slightest any longer. kinda sad that we've got to that point. I gave up even caring.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The photos made me feel ashamed to be human. Not only are the birds and other animals dying, they are dying an agonizing slow death. Wonder what the children thought if they saw the same type of photos on CNN today?

Another self-loather. Oh, no, the children. Better not show them, they need protecting.

By the way, star for the OP for spelling "feint" correctly.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Those are indeed bad pics.

BUT, how do you know they are pics from the Gulf oil spill and not just pics from an oil spill in the past of some tanker spill in recent years?

Dont believe anything unless you see it with your own eyes at the scene!!

This is how rumors spread guys!!

I would hope that the Boston Globe would have verified the source before posting images such as these...however unlikely, I guess there is a possibility that these are from an earlier spill. The problem I have is that these are not isolated, there is images popping up all over the internet.

"A short entry - AP Photographer Charlie Riedel just filed the following images of seabirds caught in the oil slick on a beach on Louisiana's East Grand Terre Island. As BP engineers continue their efforts to cap the underwater flow of oil, landfall is becoming more frequent, and the effects more evident"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
these pictures need to be shown all over on every television show to let everybody know what a giant catastrophe is happening....It seems like the whole oil spill has just become old news to everyone...how does something like this just get forgotten or shrugged to the side...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

You can view more pictures on www.tarballcleanup.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That's completely heartbreaking. On purpose or by accident, mankind is missing some essentials, some faculties. Look what we're doing to our
home. We have taken this wonderful beautiful place to live and made it a waste land. How can anyone of us claim intelligence?
What was once an ocean is now a scab. Obama said it more than once,
this isn't a Christian nation anymore.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That's really sad.

I'd like to remind everyone that British Petroleum made $14 BILLION in PURE PROFIT last year. That's just one year. How long have they been in business? And how long have they been drilling off our coast?

I think they should have to foot the bill for ALL ecological clean-up and re-habitation of the Gulf in the coming decades.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Does it really matter when these pictures were taken? The message is just as pertinent today as it would've been when they were supposedly taken. It makes it sound like it's bad only if the pictures are a result of this eruption.

And I'm pretty sure that wasn't your intent.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
once again
by human errors, mistake, actions
things are just dying around us
this time it will stay dead
nothing will ever live the gulf anymore
thanks to that oil and that toxic dispersant

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Breaks my heart in two when I see this... I hate seeing animals suffer...

AHHH! I'd punch someone in the face now...

But thanks for posting, we need to face the truth about what is going on. Here in Quebec it looks like no one knows that something REALLY REALLY BIG has happened/is going on.. It's very disturbing.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow...

Well folks, it appears the new cap isn't doing its job at the moment. From observing the cap being prepared and now watching it surrounded by spewing oil, I'm pretty damn sure more oil is coming out than before.

This is a thread on the live cams from BP:

BP Live Cams

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Our govt seems content to create focus groups and discussions on what to do instead of actually doing something constructive. They finally got off their keesters and billed BP 69M dollars... like that is some kind of punishment. BP makes that much every hour.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
God, these photos made me sick to my very core!
This should be on the front page of EVERY newspaper tomorrow morning!! I just can't look at them again, breaks my F'ing heart too much

Edit to add:

Well, I just sent the following e-mail to CTV, lets see if I get a reply:

"Hi Canada AM team,

I just thought I'd bring this to your attention and hope you are somehow able to make the public aware of the photos on this web page.

www.boston.com...

These photos were truly disturbing and shocking. I feel people need to realise the true extent of the damage and harm this is having on the environment, and more importantly, these beautiful creatures we share planet Earth with.

Yours Respectfully
T***** **** "

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The 6 O'Clock news had footage that really bothered me; one segment showed a bird on his back like the #6 photo of this thread's subject with his feet in the air. The bird was ALIVE and his feet were cycling just as fast as he could pedal, while glued on his back upside down.

So, I check the web about volunteering, having had a good bit of experience with non-oiled birds.

First I get a local organization (local=good I think to myself) and it ends up they want $ - essentially they are selling workshops. I found nothing showing they actually do anything practical.

2nd - Okay, then I click on BP's own volunteer page. Down at the bottom there's a single comment. Apparently if you call that toll free number, you just get referred over to a Louisiana website. The URL was given to clickey-me onto #3

3. I get to the official Loiusiana volunteer website and TADA! A red stop sign. "Volunteers are not needed at this time."

WHOA! You mean to tell me you don't need volunteers because Obama isn't planning another visit or what?

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join