It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Embassy in Iraq missing property worth millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

US Embassy in Iraq missing property worth millions

news.yahoo.com

Tens of millions of dollars in federal property is missing or unaccounted for at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, the largest U.S. diplomatic mission abroad, according to an internal State Department audit released Wednesday.

The report from the department's inspector general found that 159 of the embassy's 1,168 vehicles, worth $18.5 million, are unaccounted for.

The report said 282 vehicles worth $40.4 million have not been properly registered, and $2.3 million in other property
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.channel4.com

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well isent this just fine and dandy. I think it is good to know where at least some of the money is going. In this case it seems to be going into the hands of crooks and criminals. It gets worse then what is listed above. The article goes on to say that the U.S. is paying two hundred and seventy thousand USD a year to pay for cell phones that have never been registered to authorized users. I can't help but wonder if any criminal will ever pay for these crimes.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

This is a important subject. My best guess is XE Blackwater was involved in major part of this looting and stealing. Many times random news reports have surfaced which talked by Blackwater contractors involved in smuggling and other illegal acts in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymoux

Anoymoux
Thanks for posting.
I agree with the amount of dollars that is missing this is an important issue. Unfortunately it seems people hear don't necessarily agree with those thoughts.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymoux

Why blame XE? You don't think the US government is capable of stealing from itself? Or losing control of funds/material??

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Signal
weather steeling from its self or loosing control some one has still been steeling and thus a crime has been committed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Who do you mean when you say US Government? XE Blackwater is not some ordinary contractrs, they have highly placed sources in US Government. Among that the reason I pointed out XE was due to various news sources printing outt news stories about Blackwater involved in smuggling in Iraq which usually ended up getting not much attention.

new topics

top topics

join