It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen IYO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I realize not everyone on this website believes in God, or a creator for that fact, so this is for those who do.

I have heard of the rapture, but let me ask you this...put yourself into an open state of mind for a moment, think outside the box, and answer this question.
What would happen (once again I ask only those who do believe in God and the idea of a rapture scenario to reply this time) if every single human on Earth were to turn their back on God, and either worship Satan/Lucifer/etc, or simply denounce this God?

Would this God say to hell with us all IYO?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp

"If we are faithless, he remains faithful,
for he cannot deny himself." 2 Timothy ch2v13

So the suggestion is impossible.
I think, in practice, there would be a "remnant". There's always a remnant.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yeah the very base assumption of your proposition is faulty. You aren't separate from god, you only think you are

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PublicDefenseCorp

I realize not everyone on this website believes in God, or a creator for that fact, so this is for those who do.

No. You put this out there, so it's fair game for all.

put yourself into an open state of mind for a moment, think outside the box,

Somewhat of a hypocritical statement, but I will try.

What would happen (once again I ask only those who do believe in God and the idea of a rapture scenario to reply this time) if every single human on Earth were to turn their back on God, and either worship Satan/Lucifer/etc, or simply denounce this God?

A big party down by the river would take place and all would feel a sense of self-being not recognized since before the days of organized religion.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp

It's already been foretold/written. All I'd be doing is repeating it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well after Noah's flood (or is that Gilgamesh's flood?) God said he wouldn't do that to us again right?

So there are plenty of other ways he can wipe us all out. I think dropping a big rock on the Earth like the one he used to wipe out the dinosaurs would be as good a way to smite us as any. But he might do that even if some people do remain faithful. It's not easy to predict what God will do so your question is a difficult one.

top topics

join