It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: More Unusual weather, Rains continue in Texas Flooding Grows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik

Texas weather is predictably unpredictable.

Agreed, now since Texas weather is predictably unpredictable all one has to do is look for long term trends of predictably unpredictable weather in Texas to see that even predictably unpredictable weather has extremes. Yes weather anomalies can even be found in predictably unpredictable weather.

Get it?

It is possible to to find a trend in things known as "unpredictable" look for the extremes in everything. and see the data point to a dramatic change over the last 10 years on a global scale Texas is only one example.

Look I am not trying to make everyone believe what I have seen based on facts and research if that was the case all I would be posting would be links to information. I am trying to offer food for thought and to open eyes to what I see as a very dramatic change in climate.
I do not expect anyone to take my word for it.. I would like to think that through these discussions that people will become motivated enough to do just a little looking for themselves. And use that computer for something other than a pass time or entertainment. The answers are there and if you can find something that shows that a climate change is NOT happening please share it with us.

You all have fun... going on vacation later today.

Gazz

[edit on 10-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There's a well known saying here:

If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes :-)

It's mostly always wet here in May and June and very hot. Between June 5 and 8, 2001 it rained 31 inches here. It's all about the warm Gulf of Mexico waters this time of year combined with low pressure areas that occurr over the southern part of the state and in northern Mexico becoming staitionary drawing in moisture from the gulf. Tropical storms like Allison that caused the heavy rain 3 years ago are also common.

I don't think Texas with all it's tropical weather can give a good argument one way or the other concerning global warming. It's just not possible. Every year is different, at least the last 35 or so that I can remember here. No pattern at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"Agreed, now since Texas weather is predictably unpredictable all one has to do is look for long term trends of predictably unpredictable weather in Texas to see that even predictably unpredictable weather has extremes. Yes weather anomalies can even be found in predictably unpredictable weather."

Gazz... do you realize how hard it is to digest a quote like that before consuming any caffeine?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join