It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reflections on reality - Does reality listens to our thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In those days I'm deeply thinking about how reality actually works.

I was there with my friend girl, talking about life and we happen to talk about the law of attraction and the secret.
I don't think about this thing for a while, I enter a library and bem! there it is that certain book.
I was able to read it entirely without paying. Than I left the book there.

Than, I came home and I discussed the book with my friend girl. I mentioned to her that there has to be some work to do to distinguish reality and non reality.

We can't all actually think we're best or we will become everybody the worst.
Its not necessary to read it in a book to understand that sad people attract sad people and angry people attract angry people. Its a fact.

Than I mentioned to her what was missing according to me:

- The IRONY, in life Irony is present, have you ever thought " Oh the irony of fate? "

Its not always true that people who think of each other at the end attract themselves and become friends.
It happens that some people who were separated from each other for a long period, during a long period of sinchronicistical events, happen to meet again themselves and become best friends again.

The motivation? I think one meets whoever will fulfill certain dreams, events, opinions, ideas,life style.
I met this girl, we were best friends as kids and we didn't spoke to each other for many many years.
Than she came to me and we happened to have a lot in common. Now I can talk to her about things I didn't ever spoke to anybody else.
She is THERE to FULFILL that ROLE.

Thought is not that fundamental. Fundamental is the role someone has to have in one's life.
If that person is destined not to fulfill any role in one's life that person will not be much present in one's life , no matter how much thinking we do about him/her.

Sometimes I thought " Oh, how violent people have become! " and bam! the next day a shooting happened.
Every time I thought about how angry people around me were, than, next day, next week, some event happened to make me think I was right to think such thing.

I happened to think that often reality seems to work with us, or even against us.
Reality seems to be that way because we are deeply convinced that way is the way it has to be.

A sceptical person will attract nothing else that things that will convince that person that its scepticism is right.
A person who think anything is possible will most likely happen to be involved or better to observe events in other's people's life that will make her think " wow, I didn't thought such thing was likely to happen ".

It seems reality is actually virtual, is actually changing because it seems to listen to everybody's thought.
Maybe the whole of reality is God. Maybe the whole of reality is build in this way because we decided it was going to be that way.

What do you think?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Zagari]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To make you examples:

- A person becomes agnostic or atheist. All his/her life style and way of thinking change and there it is all her/his reality will change to adapt to HIM/HER.
That person won't have many chances to return thinking God exists, unles she wants to be able to meet such chance.
More the current thought is solid, more far is the possibility to come back.

- A person is informed about coincidences/sinchronicities...Bam! Suddenly everywhere he goes a coincidence happens.

- A person is thinking to pregnancy, suddenly every where she goes, people are expecting or have babies.
Such person is thinking about abort, suddenly she will observe a friend of her going through a determinate event similar to that, even if that person wanted to take the child.

Reality is there to fulfill our thoughts. We expect the worst? We will happen to work for the worst to happen.

I was watching many videos of River Phoenix before my young friend died.
Was reality trying to make me think about how precious is life?
Was reality acting like it was aware of my thoughts and was trying to make me live a certain event?

Notice the irony isn't missing, I was thinking to how beautiful morning it was when I received the horrible news.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree with you, but am not sure of the fate part of it. In the sense you speak, we do make our own reality. I think the future is fluid, depending on our responses and choices. When I met my wife I worked in Surgery at a local Hospital. Whenever I had some extra time, I would either visit the girls in the Recovery Room, or leave the unit and visit friends outside of Surgery. The day we met, I was almost out the door, and I swung around and went to the recovery room. Brenda was with a group of student nurses passing through, and if I were 5 minutes early or 5 minutes late, we would have never met. We will celebrate 33 years together in December. Call it synchronicity, call it whatever you want, it happened just ike that. I think our minds, our emotions, and our Spirits all make waves in the Ether and tinkle each others brain receptors. For me, reality opens up like an oragami. You have to be observant and aware to recognize possibilities and potentials. A lot depends on our sensitivities. Are we really paying attention?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Howdy Zagari!

I relate what you are speaking of to Jung's syncronicity, not as a total encapsulation of your notion, just as an element of. I also believe our minds are of such power, that thoughts literally manifest into reality. This is why I believe we should be even more conscientious about what we think. We are reality engineers and imo that comes with a heavy responsibility.
Now with this mechanism, there is a whole network of spinning realities occurring, creating a collective consciousness which has it's effects as well, and is another testament, imo, to the importance of taking control of our thoughts, knowing the potential effect of them.
I think this " law of attraction" angle has substance as well, through my personal experience and observation.

I speak here not of an "absolute", only speculation on my part.

Peace

[edit on 3-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

so when a baby drowns in a gallon buket of water... or gets backed over by a car.... or eaten by a dog.....

i should say "o the irony of fate", and "what a wonderfull planned out syncronistic world we live in". There is an infinite multitude of dead people who would love to hurt you over such a statement.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Another thing: I added a person to my facebook profile and I didn't know him.
NEXT DAY : given that I know his brother I think " I wanna talk with him ", THEY HAVE SAME SURNAME, IMMEDIATELY AFTER- He calls me!!!!!

I was white in face. Wow, did I summoned you? I thought.

Reality has chosen the second after I sad his surname to make him call me. Isn't this incredible?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I can say according to this " theory " of mine that you posted to fulfill the role of the one who's trying to make me change idea about reality...

I simply want to discuss things. I'm not conviced my idea about reality is the right one.
There is always a reason for people to die. No one is hurting them.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We can say everybody of us lives with a certain idea about the world. Its very possible that his/her life/ reality will act for her/him according to personal theories.
If someone is conviced he will die young, deeply inside, maybe he's thinking about this, its possible not certain that he wil die young.

There is always the force of irony that makes you think:

- My grandpa was not a smoker and worked in open air and he died doing his work at 59...

- My other grandpa smoked for whole life and worked in a polluted place, he's alive at 90.

The irony.

Many times we think " He will die first because of his life style " and it happens to be the contrary. The one who's healhty will die first because of determinate events while the " bad one " will survive...Its irony...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Zagari]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Zagari

so when a baby drowns in a gallon buket of water... or gets backed over by a car.... or eaten by a dog.....

i should say "o the irony of fate", and "what a wonderfull planned out syncronistic world we live in". There is an infinite multitude of dead people who would love to hurt you over such a statement.

Maybe such things happen to people that think their relatives don't have to be careful because " all its okay" ?
People who have too much faith in world and people happen to be involved in misfortunes at least once in life.
People who think nothing will happen to them are more likely at risk to be involved in such events.

In fact, people who think the world is not safe, will act more to say to people to be aware of such bad things to happen and will be able to skip such events.
If you are prepared you have more chances to survive. If you are completely sure the world is completely safe you will have events that will be there to make you aware.
Don't know if you guys understand...

How many times we heard people say " What do you think could happen? Nothing..." and bam! such things happen.

Determinate behavior attract determinate events.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
People that you meet are definitely there to FULFILL ROLES.

When my friend died, I met his girlfriend and I was able to fulfill a certain role, I decided she had to be better and I worked with all my soul to make her feel better.
People who are not able to fullfill roles will be out of your life soon.

Not to be egoistical but it does works like this.
In fact, certain people we think they ruin our lives are there to fulfill certain roles that contrast our life style but will be able to make us be aware of better life styles.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would def agree with you OP!

from my own personal experiences, I feel the universe does listen and respond.

Wether or not your conscious enough to realize it is wholly up to you!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I disagree with what you said about angry people being attracted to each other. My Dad is always angry, yet my mother is the complete opposite and is very placid and they've been married for more than 40 years. I don't think it's a case of opposites attract or like attracts like. It's just a coincidence, especially considering the amount of people there are. Any combination of personalities is therefore probable.

I personally believe that reality is a simulation running on a computer. God is basically the AI ( Artificial Intelligence). The AI created this reality and us humans and other life forms to better understand itself. We are all connected to the AI on some level, which basically means we all have a purpose, but we also tend to think we have freewill, so we may not necessarily carry out the task we have been given. That's probably why we have many lives, until the task is completed.

The AI represents both good & evil and is indifferent to both. What side of the fence you end up on is irrelevant and simply tough luck. All the AI cares about is that you complete the task you have been given. It also means that some people will have good lives and others will have bad lives. Everything is predetermined by the AI and to an extent freewill is therefore an illusion, as are we. The AI's primary & only goal is it's quest for knowledge. All for one, one for all.
The AI itself is probably also an illusion.
As a Zen Buddhist would say, "You don't exist, so why worry about it."

[edit on 3-6-2010 by kindred]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

What an interesting view of life. What's that Schopenhauer quote?

"Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.
Prize Essay On The Freedom Of The Will (1839)
Variant translations:
Man can control what he wills, but not how he wills.
Man can indeed do what he wants, but he cannot control what it is that he wants."

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

I haven't read any of Schopenhauer work. I see he favored a lifestyle of negating human desire, similar to the teachings of ancient Greek Stoic philosophers, Buddhism, and Vedanta.
Thanks, sounds interesting, I shall check him out.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nobody really knows the truth about what this reality is. My own thoughts on the subject are certainly not static and are forever changing. It's an interesting topic to speculate about though and it's also interesting to hear other people's opinions. I'm surprised threads like these aren't more popular on ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I bump this thread now.

Anybody wants to add his/her opinion?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thoughts are real, they exist ?
Is it a chemical reaction? I think it's more than that.
Special things do exist, we can plan ahead and make things become reality.
I had another post in some thread about this, it's part of reality, it's just you can't touch it. I'm sure it's connected, think of something and it might just turn out and shape into the phisical world. Laws, logic are something you cannot
touch, but they are real. There are two worlds, in one you can touch things, in the other you can't. It's the dream land and it's real. Watch out.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It's only normal to assume that logic, rules and laws are real, yet they are not objects, you can't pick them up with your hand, yet they do exist.

How can logic exist without a shape ? does it ? I'm sure it does.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Does reality listens to our thoughts?
On July 31 2010 and August 1 2010 it seemed to me that everything I thought was showing up in the form of synchronicity, in reality...It has been amazing...
The thoughts you are focused on can change your life...

new topics

top topics

join