It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush Admits Torture, Says He Would 'Do It Again'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by andy1033

Well look at the historical record. After 9-11 nothing. AlQuida while not destroyed is on the run and was unable to do any major offensive afterwards. Saddam is gone. Iraq is fairly peaceable for a middle east country. Afghanistan and Pakistan is the trouble spots now.

There was a lot out there that was never admitted to. But according to history he had a successful presidency.

Spoken like a true 1930s German... loyal to the party, F humanity.

That pusillanimous election stealing sewer urchin told inflated lies that killed a million innocent people, caused the suffering of millions more.. and ushered in unapologetic proto-fascism to the US.

He should be in prison sharing a cell with a deranged sex-criminal bigger than the dude in Green Mile who is hung like the Lake Tardicaca Shark (spit).

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If I was being waterboarded, or interrogated in some way, I might just come up with some fancy answers fast...doesn't mean the right answers though, especially if I had no clue.

Except that, in the case of KSM. we got some good, verifiable information. Info that we acted upon to save lives.

Thank you, President Bush, from an eternally grateful country.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its considered torture now and is illegal.

Thats President Obamas perogative to classify it as such.

Under President Bush it was deemed legal and it was his perogagtive to deem it as such. It may or may not have saved lives. We will probably never really now the truth.

The debate will rage on with both sides not really knowing what they are talking about.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk
Criminals that get tortured for info usually aren't good people. Letting them sit in a dark room and just asking them over and over isn't going to get information.

So once we determine that someone isn't "good" it's okay to torture them? Go ahead and torture, they'll tell you they killed their own mother who's still alive.

Spend more time worrying about yourself and your family than whether a terrorist is being treated fairly.

As long as people are going around finding torture acceptable I am forced to worry about myself and my family.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face in marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” Winners don’t cut and run. They are in the fight until the end. They stay the course. They know that anything worthwhile will take a bit longer and take some doing. They understand that they will face a few detours, disappointments, and distractions.

They expect the unexpected. They are warriors who realize that war is war. They don’t make excuses or expect the state or mommy to help them. They don’t find the strongest people to blame for their inadequacies, spinelessness and weakness. They bounce back courageously and fight on. They are the “Steel fist in the silken glove” – when you push them, you find out whom you’re really dealing with.

-roosevelt

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well I'm just going to come out and say it: Good for him. Anyone who kills American citizens in the name of "God" deserves to be tortured or even worse. Anyone would says that these terrorists deserve mercy is..no I don't want to get myself in trouble here

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Torture is the right thing to do if it saves lives. How many attempted terrorist attacks were there on the United States after Sept.11? Alot! How many successful terrorist attacks were there after Sept. 11? None.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If torture and doing whatever it takes to save lives, is such a sin, then why is 24 such a popular program. I know it is just a TV show, but it is reallity. Don't tell me anybody hear loses sleep becasue some terrorist got water boarded. do you really believe for a second that If terrorist got a hold of you, they wouldn't have any problem torturing the crap out of you? If your families we're in danger wouldn't you do anything regardless of if you had to really hurt somebody to protect them. I bet everybody hear would throw that PC no torture crap out the window if somebody they loved life would depend on it. or George Bush just like to torture people. Sadam liked to torture people, Stalin liked to torture people. George Bush just water boarded people, which isn't even real torture.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
Torture is the right thing to do if it saves lives. How many attempted terrorist attacks were there on the United States after Sept.11? Alot! How many successful terrorist attacks were there after Sept. 11? None.

My thoughts exactly! It saves the lives American citizens.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I always appreciate it when GWB demonstrates the real reason I admire the hell out of the man. He lets them swing freely and that is a vital quality for a leader to have. Cheney did the same when he told Patrick Leahy to "Go [SNIP] yourself!"

Personally, I chuckle at the idea of waterboarding being "torture." It's a glorified fraternity hazing stunt at best... of course we live in a society that has emasculated itself to the point where any form of hazing initiates into a fraternal organization is grounds for prosecution. America needs more people who let them swing freely rather than more people who criticize and persecute the few who already do so.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

? The same as a fraternity "hazing"? I think this deserves another look:

OK, Hitchins might be too "liberal" for some people....so, here's the "ManCow":

He discusses it, later:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A bit over the top, with bad acting, but:

I think it's a bit cavalier to dismiss it, in that way. The actions of the Bush administration sullied the diginty of the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Future Farmers of America, 1990 freshman year of high school... "waterboarded" in a 560 gallon steel stock tank as part of Greenhand Initiation. Speaking as a person who went through it, all with the goal of joining a group, it isn't torture. Of course there are going to be plenty of agenda driven individuals who claim otherwise alongside a percentage of people who know only what they have seen on youtube videos who believe otherwise.

Bottom line, waterboarding has become a talking point of those who didn't believe we should be holding terror suspects in the first place. The real issue comes down to whether you believed we should be holding enemy combatants and possible terrorists in the first place. If you didn't, then you'll probabaly exaggerate waterboarding into the realm of torture... if you believed those detentions were legitimate and the smart thing to do, then you'll probabaly consider it to be far less than torture.

On the grand scale of things, with tactics like Curcifixion and the rack being the torture equivalent of filet mignon with a side of truffles and saffron rice, waterboarding is a dollar menu cheeseburger, small fries, and flat Coke.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Save lives? He needs to be strung up with the rest of those who were complicit in starting a war in Iraq, at the very least...heck, I'll give those who believe the 9/11 official story word for word the benefit of the doubt regarding Afghanistan, but at least hold him accountable for the million+ dead Iraqis!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by weedwhacker

"Future Farmers of America, 1990 freshman year of high school... "waterboarded" in a 560 gallon steel stock tank as part of Greenhand Initiation. Speaking as a person who went through it, all with the goal of joining a group, it isn't torture."

It was outlawed by the American military as far back as Vietnam, I don't know about other countries. I don't know about the tank you talk of. When you give the waterboard treatment, do you actually know who the person is, do you even care. In Northern Ireland many people who were interned were a namesake, an offspring with the same name or a relative with no terrorist background as someone else. As a forum moderator your post is shocking, and unimformed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join