It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Job Search Continues....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well i have been looking for a job, or any kind of work for months now. Followups, countless phone calls, interviews, everything. I have worked for 5 days as a laborer on an event staff for a production company. That is it!

Today i went on a job interview for UPS, guess what, the job is union, and they interviewed 30 people for 1 job position! What is the deal.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What area do you live in?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
dont worry, you'll find a job.

I was looking for a while. I apply for everything and anything and i got a job which i now enjoy because i know of unemployment and its nice to have some pride in myself again.

you'll get there its when not if you get a job.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the deal is, us young people need to figure out something idealistic and out of the box. If not we'll be #ed just like our parents and grandparents are now. I've been saying this for a while. Our lives will not be like our parents and grandparents and great grandparents lives. Things will be much different and us younger people need to prepare ourselves for that and stop listening to the brainwashed babble of our lost family members who cannot understand what it is like because regardless of the similarities it IS different.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Feels hopeless, doesn't it? I'm in the same situation, I've been searching for a job for half a year now with no luck. And it doens't make it any easier with no work experience.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
At least you could goto work in peace. Do not give up looking for work, as it brings something to all people to work for there money. You have no self respect out of work.

People that work should feel able they are able to work.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What are your skills/qualifications.

I may just start being an ATS head hunter with so many people looking for jobs...and they are out there people...just keep at it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Can you imagine someone going for an interview, and the people know what we wrote here, lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh there is no way I would tell them I was affilated with ATS (no offense ATS)

But there are jobs our there...may not be something you love...but they are out there.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My business of 8yrs began to tank in 2008. The rug was entirely pulled out in 2009. I have been actively looking for work for over 16mos. I have worked in senior management for a very long time and have a very unique skillset. Up until about 10 days ago I had only had 3 serious phone interviews (over 16mos). Since then I've had 7new ones in 10 days. No job yet but even just being called is a positive boost. I've been contacted by recruiters from the other side of the country. I will tell you that the job postings I'm seeing (at least in my field) are paying about half what they were before the economy upended. Alot are also contract and temporary. But I'll take anything. I've sold just about everything I had of value.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Have you considered applying for any gubment jobs??? I hear they are plentiful nowadays with all kinds of wacky job titles....but hey, it will pay the bills yea?

Not only that, but may give you some inside info to share with all of us here....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Of course there are jobs out there. The issue is not whether or not there are jobs, the issue is with the massive turnouts for a handful of positions; in which abundantly qualified laborers clash with fresh-meat know-nothings.

With all the layoffs and job losses, it's no wonder that you find it really difficult to land a spot.

Most of my experience is in food service, I've gone to school for it and have a letter of recommendation but only a year of experience in the field.

I've applied at who knows HOW many McDonalds positions. Tons, and tons of fast-food places and regular restaurants. Italian restaurants, Mexican restaurants, Japanese restaurants, etc.

(I live in NYC.)

For one interview I had to get on a line that LITERALLY went outside and around the block. This was during the winter and it was like 19 degrees outside. I was tremendously pissed.

I have a job now, but it is only seasonal. I'm still applying constantly, I've been searching since early autumn of last year.

All in all, it is a very annoying situation.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by SentientBeyondDesign]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The common trend i am seeing with people having a hard time finding work is that everyone who is haveing a hard time finding work is aiming very low for menial taks.
Try setting your goal a little higher

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I feel your exquisite pain my friend.

Sometimes you have to lower your standards and take a crap job untill you find something better.

Or you can scrape by doing odds and ends that other people dont, ... for instance, ever since the economy collapsed I've begun working as a prostitute.

lol

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

ever since the economy collapsed I've begun working as a prostitute.

My friend did the same thing, i was suprised at the ammount of money he made. In hollywood you got some high paying jobs as a top. But he struck gold in Santa Barbara because he found work as a bottom. He was a power bottom which means he generated most of the power.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Which prostitute man or women position

dont try to urge everyone to be a prostitute now.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

He was a male, there is no such thing as a female power bottom.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

He was a male, there is no such thing as a female power bottom.

Sure there is...no immagination???

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the support.

I have a wide variety of skills and have applied to a lot of places. I am a personal trainer typically but the market is tough if you don't have a foothold in the community(newly moved).

It will happen!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well,I know what it is like to not have a job.

Maybe all you liberally educated young people are beginning to realize allowing all those immigrants,legal and illegal, to come here and compete for jobs with you is not such a bright idea.

It was alright when the country was developing but it seems we have reached a saturation point in being able to provide for our own people.

I don't watch pro sports it is all foreigners now,except football.

It is sad to think we as a country don't have enough young men good enough to play pro baseball or basketball anymore.

Pretty tired of hearing foreign accents report the news or even narrate shows.

It is to bad the U.S. just does not have competent people to do these jobs anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join