It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government OFFICIALLY attacks Conspiracy Theories!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Free Thorazine is here if you need government help with those unsettling theories.

No thanks, I'll pass...Once it's in your medical records as having been perscribed any kind of "psychoactive medication," you lose a lot of your Rights (particularly the 2nd Amendment). I've also foresworn from their koolaid too.

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
One of my favorites is the long-winded speech that he gave defending the shortage of coffee in Nazi Germany, attacking those that complained about it.

It's a good thing I've never been much of a coffee drinker...It took me until I'd been in the military for a couple of years to swear off the koolaid, though.

Excerpted from the homepage of the website:

...the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas.

Well, if the shoe fits...

Actually, it's not really the United States that's the villian, it's the self-proclaimed "elites" that gives the US Government a bad name. One thing that those political pundits have problems with is that the nation is NOT the same as the National Government...The nation is the People & the society. That's the trouble with the far-left wingnuts in the majority right now: They want an all-pervasive, omnipotent government & it's just not possible in the real world...History holds the proof of it. Empires rise, empires fall. They fall because they grow too big to control everyone they conquer. In the ancient past, it happened on the tribal level & as societies/nations grew bigger & badder empires, the same truth held out. Humanity is a pretty contrary species & really hate to be forced into anything & that's always been the failure of empires...Sooner or later they have to use force.

There's nothing really new at all about the "New World Order." They use only the same general strategies & tactics that have always been used by empire builders in the past, so they're really nothing more than the Old World Order in truth. Oh sure, they update specific methods to take advantadge of advancing technology, but the same old, worn out strategies haven't changed one bit.

The fledgling nation of the United States of America was the real New World Order. It wasn't called "The Great American Experiment" for no reason: For the first time in human history, the US Constitution put the People over the government, all contained by the Common Law as the Supreme Law of the Land. No, the USA didn't invent Common Law, but no other nation in history ever established it as the Supreme Law. The fledgling USA was truly the biggest threat ever faced by the self-styled elite who still believe that the "divine right to rule" is a truism instead of a delusion.

Originally posted by ANNED
I also note that they did not say anything about flying saucers at area 51.

Of course not! Area 51 is a fiction, remember?

Originally posted by Le Colonel
(I just watched V for Vendetta again last night, who here is going to pay for all the masks?? lol)

You're too late...It's already happened & it was even covered in the Washington Post. There's still a lot of privately-shot videos circulating the 'net.

Originally posted by freighttrain
The way the explanations are written are very interesting, they use the word "Fear" over and over again ... saying WE are in fear and so we come up with some "Fantasy" explanation for things so we can live with ourselves.

I've got a couple of thoughts on the government psychology about that...My thoughts are based upon (mostly) 2 quotes in particular. One comes from the movie "V for Vendetta" in which V broadcasts that "People should not fear their governments. Governments should fear the People."

That particular quote was right in line with something Thomas Jefferson said:

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

My thoughts on that are: The government really does fear the People...And in order to secure their own positions, they always attempt to turn that fear back upon the People. It is, after all, the only way they can gain & maintain any kind of control. But what they fail to understand is that, by cranking up the fear-mongering, the People will become angered. Since all power originates from the People (who actually creates government in the first place), all those "elite" ever accomplish is to have that fear boomerang back again. They forget the old homily to "let a sleeping dog lie." The dog has teeth, ya' know!

Overall, as far as that website goes, just remember something else said by Thomas Jefferson:

Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us.

And Jefferson also said:

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.

So when they can no longer rely on reason for support, they must turn to ridicule to support their error.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

C11H17N2NaO2S
"Every one of you is being watched right now on here. Your IP is databased and collected."

Sorry he is right...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Wait up a minute... 9/11 and the moon landing? These both occurred during republican administrations! I'm sorry but unless it happened during a liberal regime, then it's not a conspiracy! The democrats have been against US since their party's formation!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

Perhaps you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't refuting the point. I stated that I acknowledged, accepted and was using that collection of my digital signature.

I want them to read what I post.

[edit on Fri, 04 Jun 2010 01:34:00 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You have indeed made good your point.

However in order to change minds we need to change thinking.

Governments are often silly in that they fail to utilize the people who put them in power to gain the best results. In theory if you ask enough people the same question the collected results will probably be better than the so called experts.

A guy called Francis Galton came up with the theory of "the wisdom of crowds"
Vox Populi.

It was in 1906 that Galton made his discovery of what is known as the wisdom of crowds. He attended a farmers' fair in Plymouth where he was intrigued by a weight guessing contest. The goal was to guess the weight of an ox when it was butchered and dressed. Around 800 people entered the contest and wrote their guesses on tickets. The person who guessed closest to the butchered weight of the ox won a prize.

After the contest Galton took the tickets and ran a statistical analysis on them. He discovered that the average guess of all the entrants was remarkably close to the actual weight of the butchered ox. In fact it was under by only 1lb for an ox that weighed 1,198 lbs. This collective guess was not only better than the actual winner of the contest but also better than the guesses made by cattle experts at the fair. It seemed that democracy of thought could produce amazing results.

However, to benefit from the wisdom of crowds several conditions must be in place. First each individual member of the crowd must have their own independent source of information. Second they must make individual decisions and not be swayed by the decisions of those around them. And third, there must be a mechanism in place that can collate these diverse opinions.

Now apply this model to society and government and we may be able to not only create this new world but it may be more efficient than the current way democracy is held.

However, conspiracy without fact will always prevent us from moving forward. It puts the gov in a defensive position which means we all suffer in the long run. Now because of conspiracy our very freedoms are being taken away and soon we will not have access to anything that can lead us down the conspiracy road.

The people need to understand this and find another method to gain voice. Democracy of though must be completely free of prejudice to work. It almost has to be pure so as to gain honest results to analyze.

Conspiracy works against this notion. By thinking that the result is going to be fixed automatically fixes the result.!!

I like your thoughts Memoryshock and I agree with some of them in the most.

I just think that we will never achieve anything when we can not trust the people we put in power. If they are responsible for things like 9/11 then we need to really work on our belief in Government as a entity. What would the opposite be. Self rule.????

I believe we will never have or have never had a government that has not been involved in something shady! We either live with it or doom ourselves fighting. The odds are always in the houses favour!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Dear everyone who thinks this is satire...
any *.gov domain is an OFFICIAL US GOVERNMENT SITE.
Just like any *.mil is an official US MILITARY(DoD) site.
Please use your brains before making another post like this and see:
www.dotgov.gov...

However, anyone can register a *.US:
www.neustar.us...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

This is old News, I already did this post 5/22/2010

It’s Official: U.S. Government Website Declares There Are No Conspiracies!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What happen, did people just wake up?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The mere fact that the gov. deemed it necessary to create a webpage like this means that these "theories" obviously pose a threat to them. If it didn't, they wouldn't address it at all.

Obviously the independent researchers and scientists are making a huge dent in their armor. One would say a hole has already been created. Well done guys.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

Thanks for the post and the analogy. I agree with your assessment of the analogy for the most part.

The only thing I have to add is that proprietary information, be it corporate, military/intelligence or government has alotted a system that is easily manipulatable. I still wonder how people don't readily acknowledge that either the name "Bush" or "Clinton" effectively synonimized with "Republican" and "Democrat" for the past thirty years...and there is history that extends further back.

To assume that the government is the sole target of conspiracy theories is incorrect. One must discard the labels and look at the interactions from a broader perspective to start viewing past the connotations and abstracts.

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S

Now because of conspiracy our very freedoms are being taken away

I think that perhaps you may have meant to state that conspiracy theorists are the reason our freedoms are being eeked away...but in fact, your phrasing hits the nail right on the head, in my opinion.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on Fri, 04 Jun 2010 02:10:33 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Every damn thing that the US gov does is now a conspiracy!

I have to agree with that about a thousand percent.

As they say....attack the heart. Break his spirit and then take away all hope.

I have to DISAGREE with that philosophy about a thousand percent. A human with nothing left to lose is a dangerous antagonist indeed.

If people branded around pure fact then the gov would have to change their approach and the way they do things. But when lies and absolute nonsense are spread they cannot let it happen for its embarrasses the US and its gov and makes it appear weak.

Negative, young sir. Ridiculous statements are The Man's best friend in this battle, as it portrays the speaker as a loon, and he discredits himself. No government intervention needed, and it doesn't take rocket scientists to figure it out.

When you back an animal into a corner you are giving no choice but to Attack. To kill without mercy! they are feeding their enemy their own heart.

See my statement above about a human with nothing left to loose. It works both ways.

When the cull comes who are they going to beg for another chance? When jobs are lost who do they turn to for a hand out? When terrorist finally attack the US one day who will the people ask for help from?

Big Brother, perhaps? I think not. When that day comes, Big Brother will likely be inconvenienced at the moment. "Up to his ass in alligators" is a phrase that comes to mind in describing how bad a miscalculation that would be. No help to be had from a "friend" in those sorts of straights. Only pain and more pain.

I know which side my bread is buttered. Personally, if you cant beat them, join them. Just thinking out loud!

Ah. I can see more clearly now, then.

The new world can not evolve with people constantly making up some rubbish. And this site can no longer function properly with people dragging their own gov through the mud without proof.

Did you mean 'evolve', or 'devolve'? I personally don't want a 'new world'. You can have my share of that one. Fair enough?

IF the gov takes you and locks you up in camp and says you are a threat to national security.....prove you are not!!

I've got no fear of that eventuality ever happening. Do you? Really? I'm of the opinion that if you allow yourself to be taken prisoner, you usually get what you get.

You are asking the gov to prove they did not have anything to do with 9/11. How can they when they have been judged already. How can they prove they have your best interest at heart? When you have already convinced yourselves otherwise.

Personally, I don't believe the government had anything to do with 911. Still, it's odd that they feel a need to defend themselves from that allegation. It betrays a certain lack of confidence that they feel a need to defend. A lack of confidence is not generally the best thing to base an attack on.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

Thanks for the post and the analogy. I agree with your assessment of the analogy for the most part.

The only thing I have to add is that proprietary information, be it corporate, military/intelligence or government has alotted a system that is easily manipuatable. I still wonder how people don't readily acknowledge that either the name "Bush" or "Clinton" effectively synonimized with "Republican" and "Democrat" for the past thirty years...and there is history that extends further back.

To assume that the government is the sole target of conspiracy theories is incorrect. One must discard the labels and look at the interactions from a broader perspective to start viewing past the connotations and abstracts.

Now because of conspiracy our very freedoms are being taken away and soon we will not have access to anything that can lead us down the conspiracy road.

I think that perhaps you may have meant to state that conspiracy theorists are the reason our freedoms are being eeked away...but in fact, your phrasing hits the nail right on the head, in my opinion.

what i stated was what I meant. Im not here to destroy but merely pacify. There can only be one winner. How does one choose who to side with. At the end of the day it will come down to that. I chose mine a long time ago. For selfish reasons and for being accepted with a rite of passage, mingle with others who have a passion for overseeing rather than being overseen!

To me its a game. and sometimes to stand and fight is too stand and die. Sometime the fight can be taken within the enemies compound! Look at wikileaks....enemies from within are leaking like a prostitutes nether regions!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Your theory about a person with nothing left to lose is pure movie stuff.

generally people in civil society have no balls to do anything! Most of you have nothing to lose! So why not do something!!

Oh you have a house and car and family!!! Right!! All an excuse to not do anything. If I took it away....you would still do nothing. Thats why you all rely on courts and so called justice.

and a man who is broken and has NO hope like I stated is worth nothing. Without hope you are no match for anyone. Again movie like to portray a hero.

Here is my point, I come into your home and tie you and your wife up with your kids. I have a big fat guy with aids rape your wife in front of you. I kill your kids by burning them alive. I subject you to 4years of false imprisonment and torture you without mercy daily.

After that you are worth nothing. You do nothing. You as a human are a shell.

This is 9 out of 10 people by the way. This is why no one stands upto the government. This is why the so called people imprisoned in G-bay for upto 4 years and then released have done NOTHING and never will.

You as a human do not have the capability to do anything! If you say you do, you have either been trained somehow or you LIE.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I don't mind a website saying all conspiracy theories are just flights of fancy. We have this site and its full of wildly unbelievable things. I read ATS and half the time I think these people are loons. So if the government makes a site to counter that. great. That is freedom of speech at work. It's very democratic. We can read the opposing views and make up our own minds what to believe. Thats healthy.

If we ever really get to a point where the government is forcing everyone to think a certain way, like 1984 big brother type stuff, then I will get bent out of shape about it. For now I don't see a problem. In fact it is probably a more psychologically advantageous way to think, if you buy what they are saying. I sure wish I still felt good about my government and the people of the USA. I'm convinced everyone is a greedy soulless monster selfishly destroying each other to their own benefit.

not to get off topic but for example- BP had 760 safety violations but since they wield such tremendous amounts of money and power they got away with it untill disaster. Now our ocean is full of toxic dispersants and carcinogenic oil that nothing will survive exposure to. Power and wealth are the devil.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Let me tell you what I do know about some websites no names mentioned.

The original intent of cookies was to make your life easier. Sites that you visited before or frequently visited would store certain information about who you are; full name, phone number, IP addy, MAC addy and computer name etc. Infact a cookie can record just about everything on your machine... so when you returned to the site you would not have type this information again. This in itself may actually be helpful to you. That is, if it is secure, and not performing some other task. Like many things created to make your life easier and with good intention, others will see it as an opportunity to exploit you. A cookie can be used to send a certain party block info on that user. It will scan other sites similar to those you have visited and cross check you details against those. This is called pattern building. Then this info is sent back to the website owner and analyzed for specifics. By you bouncing around the internet one can gather over time all the info one needs to match that to an identity. If you have ever used a social website like facebook then then your info is then matched again and so on and son. Just like if you use google search engine. Your details have been logged over and over. Now they are being matched.

This website was used to gain info on YOU. of course they knew you would find it and you did!

Again, 'that' website had NO tracking cookies. None, zero, zilch, zip, nada. I found that odd in itself, as all the other websites I've been to have at least 3, some as many as 14 or 15. I recall, however, that some time back, the US gummint got gigged for using tracking cookies, and allegedly took them all away. That one, at least, appears to be towing the line.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

The website for the Official United States Government is
www.usa.gov

Not www.america.gov

Make of it what you will

America.gov is the State Department's PR site.

It's like the Voice of America on the internet.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

All i can say is WHOA... and HAHAHAHAHA

They are getting SO DESPERATE! They are running freaking scared!

We've always thought that the research community had the better of the Governments but now THEY'VE proven it! hahaha

The only thing that stops me taking this as nothing but hilarious is what is the next step? Do we get considered homegrown terrorists who are a threat to the government?

IF so, what happens to us free-thinkers? I hesitate to mention the FEMA camps..........

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by freighttrain
reply to post by zzombie

The link you provided is NOW invalid!

----

The Page You Are Looking for Has Moved.

This Web site has been redesigned and restructured, and the page you are looking for may no longer be available. Learn more about the new structure from the homepage or Site Map. You may also wish to use the Search page.

The page is still there.. But.. they have fixed the URL to redirect so that you can only get to the page from a Google search.. This seems to be to discourage people posting the URL as a direct link.

You can even go to the page, copy the URL, then paste it directly back into the browser, and hit Enter... And be taken to the redirected page !

Now that sounds like a conspiracy in itself.

Boys and girls, We are seeing the Official Birth of Big Brother. Trust Nothing you see and here from this moment on. it will all be Lies and Manipulations.

You can follow them on FaceBook and other Social networking sites.. they claim they are willing to go where the conversation is .. even though they do not have thier public forum..

We should all join and Debunk them ! :-)

Info here - if this link works - www.america.gov...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

Well this is nothing new to me, i've known for many a year now that the U.S. are the most corrupt country in the world and sadly, will remain that way for a while yet.

Just remember.... What goes around, comes around.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
THIS is really good, free advertising for the website. I'm sure that the random dudes that didn't know about the conspiracies will just come to see that closer and realize that this isn't as simple as what US government is saying. Get ready to convince the future new readers mates !

[edit on 4/6/10 by DAMOo]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
that website is a joke , no offense to their webmaster , but the ones who provided the content regarding conspiracy theories ... with an eye was probably watching a documentary about 9/11 and with the other eye he was looking on the papers given to him by his bosses .

2 or 3 childish phrases on each subject , a couple if videos that each of us could easily make and at a much better quality and a couple of pics making it look like it is soon going to be transformed in a social network or something

And btw , why is the website hosted in Romania

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I guess i did...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join