It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government OFFICIALLY attacks Conspiracy Theories!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So...

What we have is a conspiracy theory website run by the Government.

Hmm... 9/11... hogwash says the gov...
Health, AIDS, SARS... hogwash says the gov...
Hogwash... hogwash... hogwash... says the gov...

Basically it's just a centralized website designed to with ONE page what hundreds of people have been having to do over and over again. Pointing at us and shouting "YOUR WRONG! WE'RE RIGHT!" Now they have a website to make it all official and save time.

"Mr. Blahbedy Higher Up Person, is it true that ... " Instead of a lengthy thought out comment, we get:

"I'd like to refer you to our website, www.america.gov/conspiracy_theories.html... Next question, plz."

Good job, Obama. This will actually save taxpayers money by taking away the need for the government to defend itself with the same old crap by streamlining the process.

Nice find, OP!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
lmao

r u serious???

we have rookie 9/11 researchers
who do a better job of debunking
than they do professionally.

Thanks for the link

now I know where to go when
I need a good laugh

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I thought this would help some here in identifying misinformation. It speaks specifically about disinformation coming from the state department regarding 9/11 as early as 2004. Its just standard protocol.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
After reading the current number of postings, I marvel at the level of quiet intelligence in this thread Missing are the half-baked, assinine arguments and time-wasting comments we so often see that OT important threads.

I'll bet the trolls and the various types of agents (you don't think they would just use one plan of attack, do you?) are laying low on this one. Undoubtedly, they are watching and taking notes on this thread. They are learning their future moves from what we say.

I was thinking the same thing. This is an interesting move on their part.

They are feeling a bit backed into a corner.

Worry much overlords?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Exader

This is VERY interesting, if indeed Symantic purchased the domain name, how are they related to the government! Why are they sponsoring government and their agenda?!

There was a conspiracy I read a while back that said something about Symantic privacy collecting personal information through their software! They're fairly large consumer product that own majority of the monopoly!

If these private companies work closely with government, are they spying on our every day activities? Funny how they use complete reverse psychology here, ...

“With the combined products and reach from Symantec and VeriSign, we are poised to drive adoption of identity security as the means to provide simple and secure access to anything from anywhere, to prevent identity fraud and to make online experiences more user-friendly and hassle-free.”

- Enrique Salem, President and Chief Executive Officer, Symantec With this acquisition, we extend our strategy to create the most trusted brand for protecting information and identities online

So they "PROTECT" our identity.... from WHO? each other? This is getting deeper...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Anyone think that this might be a way for the government to present the left hand while acting with the right? Or am I just the paranoid individual that the government portrays me as?
LOL

Nah, Its them running for their money. Worst thing is that they would still have lots of power and money if they went legit. I guess its a matter of how much money and power is enough for them.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hmmm. Seems to me america.gov is a satire, or else another anti-Obama salvo in the domestic cyber-war.

The official US Government site is at http:www.usa.gov/

America - Engaging the World - America.gov
3 Jun 2010 ... America.gov is your interactive portal to meet the people, see the places, and explore the values and ideas that define the character of the ...
www.america.gov/ - 1 hour ago - Similar
U.S. Government - America.gov
Learn more about the structure, functions and history of the United States' ongoing experiment in democracy.
www.america.gov › American Life - Similar
Show more results from www.america.gov
USA.gov: The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal
2 Jun 2010 ... USA.gov: Home page of the US Government's Official Web Portal for all government transactions, services, and information.
www.usa.gov/

Source: Google

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All I have to say is really going to come to nothing more than common sense. The only reason the government attacks anything is when that thing is either a threat.......or to close to the truth. Be everyone already knows that though. Anyone who "listens" to that website and believes in the governments anti-truth...........already believed it before they read it. So the government actually gained nothing from that site, they only lost revenue by having to purchase the web domain and space. Besides, they have been debunking for years, generations even and what have they gained? NOTHING! In fact the more they talk, the more lies they tell which actually works in our favor.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Okay found the article, I was refereing too...

Internet conspiracy theories abound over Symantec Pifts.exe file

Further investigation by some Norton users suggested that the file attempted to dial out to Norton servers in Africa, while others wildly speculated that “Pifts” stood for Public Internet File Tracking system, and was a sinister attempt to monitor users’ online behaviour.

We feel fairly comfortable in debunking the internet rumours claiming that Pifts might be a rootkit [a tool used by hackers] or a government-sponsored backdoor to spy on the masses.

oh... nvm people go back to sleep, aparantley "They feel fairly comfortable in debunking the rumors" cause they asked their "experts"! I work for software companies and I can tell you an .exe file is NEVER an accidentally released via a major company. They get caught red handed and they're in denial about it.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

More on this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They should change their motto to "America.gov - Enraging the world." The sad part is that this website is a propaganda tool, much like the way the Nazi's used television, films, radio and print to spread disinformation. They'd have to be completely unintelligent to think that people are going to believe everything on their propaganda site. I hope teachers aren't directing school kids to it as part of their curriculum - that would make a bad education system worse.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There goes "disclosure".

They are renewing their efforts to deny aliens exist.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm British so can't do this but is it not possible for an American here to send a freedom of information request for the sources they used to coallate their information on these conspiracies. They must have evidential references they used to write this

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ok now i am worried. this "official" dis-info site means they are getting desperate to maintain control. the masses are waking up to the b$ they parade around as truth. they know the truth is getting out faster than ever through sites like ats. heaven forbid they come clean on anything without being forced. well i take it as we are now being warned this:

www.america.gov...

is the truth they want to portray to joe six pack or plumber. you better accept it. you better not question it or else. i recommend you don't visit this site as it will most likely log your ip address. they are now watching us, they wouldnt debunk if they were not. i hope ats doesn't get shut down.....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another thing showing that site has no merit is the fact that maybe only a very few people would actually have inside knowledge of those conspiracies since they would all be highly secret and compartmented, so they have no way of knowing this themselves...

Kind of like when the FBI put out a statement quashing UFO theories, when they themselves have absolutely no access to the top secret materials proving otherwise... The FBI never ever gets these types of secret documents themselves, although they have tried to many times...

The people creating that website are most likely just following orders...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Originally posted by Aliensun
After reading the current number of postings, I marvel at the level of quiet intelligence in this thread Missing are the half-baked, assinine arguments and time-wasting comments we so often see that OT important threads.

I'll bet the trolls and the various types of agents (you don't think they would just use one plan of attack, do you?) are laying low on this one. Undoubtedly, they are watching and taking notes on this thread. They are learning their future moves from what we say.

I was thinking the same thing. This is an interesting move on their part.

They are feeling a bit backed into a corner.

Worry much overlords?

A bit late IMHO I would think they have been watching and probably posting for a while now.
I just can’t wait to see them debunk something that hasn’t happened yet.
Oops I was supposed to put that up next week. 0.o

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I found it interesting that america.gov is hosted on Akamai servers and not ones owned and controlled by the government. They have plenty of their own servers in their own net block so the question this fact evokes is why lease space on an Akamai server on the Cox Network when you have entire netblocks dedicated to government servers?

What is up with that. Is data from government computers on corporate netblocks for some reason? This is a story in itself.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention with this thread OP.
S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Mt guess is this sight will receive much ire and they figured they would let the professionals handle web security.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just a timely pretty dress to cover the same old dummy with.
It's fitting for the growing cybercrowd to be addressed on their playing field wouldnt you think?
The same has been and still is done with msm, print, radio, and hollywood releases so why not come out on the web.
Soon enough we'll all be enemy combatants committing thought crimes and we'll be served our summons to appear.
They better quit farting around and pay attention to whats really important
before it's too late for anyone, including them, to live anything near a normal life.
We seriously need to start handing out dumbass awards.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

so by saying that the UFOs and aliens are a conspiracy and the that UFOs aren't alien, are they really now admitting that all the UFOs are man made.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
Just throwing this out here

The website for the Official United States Government is
www.usa.gov

Not www.america.gov

Make of it what you will

Wow!! How do we know which one is legit?? They both look legit.....

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join