It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic tickets..when will we say enough to this revenue collection scam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
At what point will people stand up and say enough to being robbed by government? No, this is not a "I just got pulled over and tickted so now I'm pissed" rant
This is about being tired of seeing government steal from people under the guise of "its the law".

Free people are routinely pulled over in the name of "public safety" and robbed of their earnings. If they choose to fight the ticket, how can they expect to receive a fair hearing/trial when the police department, the prosecutors office, and the court in which they must fight all stand to realize financial gains from the fines imposed on them? Even if they are victorious, they still get hit with court "fees" which in my area add up to $140.

The hypocrisy is amazing in its context. Using my state as an example (Wisconsin), they dish out tickets for not wearing a seatbelt as fast as they can write them. All in the name of safety of course. Yet at the same time, people ride around on motorcycles without helmets since there is no law requiring it.

One would think if they were so concerned about peoples safety, a helmet law would be included, but it isnt. They can make more money writing people tickets for not wearing a seatbelt.

When will people realize they are being robbed? Routinely I am told "thats just the way it is" or "thats the price you have to pay" when people hear my opinions on this matter. I say no way in hell will I just sit around and accept it quietly.

Are people really just sheep that they are willing to be robbed? In a supposedly free country (yea right :lol
this isnt the way things work.

Do people just not care about the money, or is it just a severe case of apathy?

Make no mistake, police arent there to serve the people, they are revenue agents for the state.

People may think this is just someone being bitter, but please just take a moment to think about it. In a country founded on personal freedoms, why do we need to get permission from the government to drive? Why do we need government licensing to go on about our daily business?

Hell, why must one pay the state sales tax if they sell their car to another private party? It's a transaction between 2 private citizens, yet the state wants their cut.

What would it take for people to finally say ENOUGH!?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by brainwrek]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am currently looking into the method that Marc Stevens uses.

Has anyone researched this?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Man I hear you. I don't know where you are, but here in L.A. it is getting ridiculous. Of course, it can't be proved, but the highway patrol and cops are targeting the nice cars these days. Our guess is that they figure these are the ones that will or can pay the fines. My whole family has been ticketed this year for minor offenses. I got a $436 ticket for no seat belt down the street from my house, and was met with extreme rudeness when I asked if she could just give me a warning. Same with everyone I know.

It is bad. I actually tried to fight the ticket, because there was no way the officer could have seen I did not have my belt on, but of course you have to pay the fine first, and then send a letter by mail to fight it. Do you think I won?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I am currently looking into the method that Marc Stevens uses.

Has anyone researched this?

Never heard of him, but I have found one method I use that works to beat speeding tickets, but it requires a fair amount of research.

The gist of it: According to federal DOT laws, all speed limits must be set after performing a traffic engineering study. Any speed limit on a road that never underwent such a study is considered invalid.

The X factor is that most roads have never had a traffic engineering study performed in many states.

If anyone wants more info, U2U me and I will provide the info when I get home from work tonight.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by brainwrek

Marc Stevens' method is basically to ask the court to dismiss because the court can't produce the victim of the crime, as according to Scotus, all crimes must have victims.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Not to mention there should be seat belts on motorcycles. Riders should have to strap themselves to the machine so they don't get thrown off their bike when they crash, and maybe hit an innocent bystander or a vehicle windshield. After all, that's the rationale for seat belts in cars.

Marc Stevens website is very interesting.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Would have been a good arguement! Oh well, should it happen again, a ticket, I will check back at this thread for ideas.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cops out where I live are scared to death of the public.

They fear for their lives, and are trained to be forceful.

Sadly, they take their aggression out on the WRONG segment of society. They are rude, overbearing, and spiteful to people who commit traffic infractions. I've had a cop reach for his gun when I curtly asked "why the hell did you pull me over". He began sweating afterwords and was breathing heavy, he obviously thought it was go time, I'm lucky I didn't get shot.

Since they don't want to go after real criminals, whose cases will likely require prosecution in an ACTUAL court of law, they have become nothing more than well armed tax collectors.

I have been pulled over 5 days in a row and charged with the same 3 infractions each time. That's right, 15 tickets in 5 days all by the same bike cop. Found out where I worked and pulled me over each day--even though he knew I was unable to get my car fixed until the replacement parts came in from overseas. I had to pay my lawyer $500 (with the buddy discount) to get all the tickets reduced down to one.

I suppose this is what I get for being over 25 and white. Believe it or not, I consider this racial profiling. The part of town I'm in isn't even half white and I only see white people pulled over. There are parts of the town that are 100% non-white, but somehow traffic cops seem to pluck whitey out of the crowd whenever I see someone pulled over in those areas...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Click it or ticket, its the law and it saves lives. Having a License to drive is a privilege not a right, you must follow the laws that come with the privilege. Tickets people pay go back into the system to help fix roads, highways,bridges etc, otherwise we would all be driving on dangerous hole infested roads or dirt.

Your lucky to live in Wisconsin and not have to pay for car insurance, unless they changed that law?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I wish we had traffic cops here. People run stop signs and red lights, speed, we've come close to being hit on several occasions. I've never seen drivers behave so badly in all my life. They do it because they know that they'll probably not get caught. I can no longer drive because I now get anxiety attacks. I have lived all over the US and now live in the Buffalo area.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know a sure fire 100% guaranteed way to not get a speeding ticket.

Don't speed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Not to mention there should be seat belts on motorcycles. Riders should have to strap themselves to the machine so they don't get thrown off their bike when they crash,

If your being serious that's about the dummest thing I've heard, have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Ever had an accident? Well I have and trust me when you chuck a motorcycle down the road the absolute last thing you want is to be physically connected to it, cars and motorcycles are totally different animals... Yes I am aware that there are some of those daft scooter things with a little roof and a seat belt but you would never catch me on one!

With a car the seatbelt is there really to stop you being thrown around the interior, on a bike there is no interior, no crumple zones and greatly less mass / momentum, if a bike hits something it stops instantly, if the human body stops instantly you die, you don't wan't to be on that bike at that point, you want your leathers and helmet doing their job of keeping your arse and the road separate as you scrub off speed sailing happily down the tarmac.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Got one recently for 2...yes 2 miles an hour over the limit,was coming home from gym and took a drink from my water bottle.
Oops.Didn't focus for a split second I guess...

By the time all the "fees" (misc for all levels of local court and other random contribution- fees) were added up,the flippin' ticket-price came to almost $300.00 and I chit you not $300.00 dollars for a VERY minor speeding offense in a rural area with no other cars around.
No,not anywhere near a school or construction zone.
My 2nd ticket ever in my life so no,I'm not an "offender..."
I agree that the fleecing HAS to stop,even MORE so because I live in South Texas where more than 1/2 of the drivers don't have any auto insurance.

They ARE targeting IMO.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If i ever get a ticket i will just tell them to take my car and shove it! The way i look at it they "NEED" you to own the car, because they "NEED" the money that it will cost you. Everything that you pay into your car involves a nice slice going to the government then TPTB
You pay for a motorvehicle then you end up paying for it for the rest of your life.
Car
Insurance
Road Tax
Diesel/Petrol/Gas/Electric
MOT`s
Tyres and all the other components which all have the tax added.
Speeding fines
Parking Tickets.

So basically i`ll be saving a small fortune and they will be losing it. Not that they would notice. But, what if everyone ditched their cars and refused to pay anymore into their tidy little scheme?
They would lose patience as well as money

Look at the oil spill for instance? Who is actually going to be the ones coughing up for that? BP? Nah us, all of us, one way or the other we will pay not the ones responsible.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

And who says that driving is a privilege? The state? Aren't they just trying to garnish another revenue stream for themselves? I was under the impression that gasoline taxes and local sales taxes paid for roadwork and maintenance. As one poster said above, the police writing tickets are nothing but revenue officers for the municipalities in which they are employed. I say evryone say screw them; don't get a license, don't pay any tickets u might get. If everybody did it what would they do? Suspend licenses no one has? Throw everyone in jail? I'd like to see them try!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Click it or ticket, its the law and it saves lives. Having a License to drive is a privilege not a right, you must follow the laws that come with the privilege. Tickets people pay go back into the system to help fix roads, highways,bridges etc, otherwise we would all be driving on dangerous hole infested roads or dirt.

Your lucky to live in Wisconsin and not have to pay for car insurance, unless they changed that law?

You think this is a law? Think again.

What is a seat belt. What is a car?. They are products. So what is the problem? Article sec 8 para 3 of the constitution.

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and
with the Indian Tribes;

Interstate commerce regulation is a Federal power. For a state to demand the use of seatbelts is a violation of that power. It denies the people of their power delegated to them under the 9th amendment of free choice in interstate commerce. It denies them of their rights in looking for different and better solutions to the seatbelt problem.

It violates the 14 under the privileges and immunities clause. It even violates the 10th under the separation of powers act.

Seatbelt laws by states in this country are unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That actually is not true in tort law. Tort law deals with many crimes that do not have a victim. Now, do I have any clue if that is applicable to the ticketing scenario? No clue what-so-ever.

Here's my thing about this; right or wrong, you know what the law is, you know what the penalty is, and you know how to avoid being saddled with said penalty. Simply follow the law, and you will have no reason to worry about it.

I don't drive the speed limit....ever. I'm always at least 5 miles over, but (knock on wood) I haven't had a ticket in 15 years. I wear my seat belt, I keep an eye out for cops, and slow down in known speed trap areas. You're not going to change anything short of a full scale revolt in every state. You might as well simply not do the things that are costing you money and live happy. Nothing you can do about licensing fees or taxes, but that's the price of living in the system that we do.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Its the first thing they teach you in any Drivers Ed class,

driversed.com...

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BEGIN... These agencies may refuse to issue or renew a license if you don't meet the restrictions set by them. Having a drivers license is a privilege, not a constitutional right.

en.wikipedia.org...

A privilege—etymologically "private law" or law relating to a specific individual—is a special entitlement or immunity granted by a government or other authority to a restricted group, either by birth or on a conditional basis. A privilege can be revoked in some cases.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by brainwrek

Marc Stevens' method is basically to ask the court to dismiss because the court can't produce the victim of the crime, as according to Scotus, all crimes must have victims.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

www.youtube.com...

here Is a vid of marc explaining it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Wheres your source for that info?

You are saying the Nation wide Click it or ticket campaign which police set up check points and look for people not wearing their seat belt to ticket is unconstitutional?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join