It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie Gov't. Admits to Near Completion of Facial Recognition Identification/Profiling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Aussie Gov't. Admits to Near Completion of Facial Recognition Identification/Profiling

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

THE State Government is quietly compiling a mathematical map of almost every adult's face, sharing information that allows law enforcement to track people by CCTV.
Experts said yesterday few people realised their facial features were being recorded in an RTA database of drivers licence photos that the Government has allowed both state and federal police to access.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailytelegraph.com.au< br />
Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NSW Government recording features for facial recognition

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow!

I apologize if this news has already been published to ATS. I just saw this on Drudge & wanted to make sure this information made it to the attention of people here on ATS.

I really like the way they're finally announcing that they're little categorizing project is nearly done, but I guess they're just behind New South Wales in the race to facially categorize & recognize every adult on the planet.
(Thanks to the Op of that thread for posting it)

I guess all we can do now is sit back & see how they're going to use it.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

With this, the governments will be able to know all who are not terrorists. It helps to have a bigger budget since there are more non-targets to identify than there are targets...

That goes in line with their program where they want samples of hair and finger prints from children in case they would disappear...

new topics

join