It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars as Military Weapon Test Ground?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Any speculation as to Mars becoming a covert testing ground for weapons the government would want to keep ultra-secret or too dangerous to test on Earth?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I hope not
Why will that make you think is a good idea to begin with?

Don't we have done enough with earth, now we have to go and find some other place to pollute and destroy.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I never stated it was a "good" idea...I can, however, see our government justifying it somehow and eventually doing it...probably under the guise of "for the benefit of mankind..."

Of course it would be ultra-secret...

[edit on 6/9/2004 by muckminer]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think it would be a good idea... what could it hurt? There aren't any beings living on that planet, find a nice spot set off a bomb and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Bah, We'll have a doom fiasco on our hands...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure that from a military point of view it would be a very good idea because it would cost billions and then the reactions on Mars might be different than the reactions on Earth.

Why do they need to be tested anyway?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Who knows...it's just a speculation. Do you think the cost would be a limiting factor with the U.S. Government?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by muckminer
Who knows...it's just a speculation. Do you think the cost would be a limiting factor with the U.S. Government?

Yes considering comanche, reduction in F/A-22 and JSF numbers and all the other defence cuts made since Reagan left the oval office, Rumsfield slimmer, leaner force concept etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes, good point - but I still don't think we'll ever really know what the political cheeses are doing...

new topics

top topics

join