It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Space Object Hits Jupiter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, something ELSE just hit Jupiter.

In what turns out to be a major coincidence, Anthony Wesley, an amateur astronomer in Australia, is reporting that he recorded another impact on Jupiter! This time he has video of the impact, which he claims was quite bright and lasted about two seconds.

More details here.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thank you and I thought so, but wasn't sure of what nature the object was. Even more so I don't know why the headline had mystery in it if it was known.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"How much do you know about Jupiter? Did you know Jupiter has rings? Did you ever dream of going to planet Jupiter? Is living on Jupiter a possibility? Find out..."

"Jupiter, the largest planet of our solar system is the fifth planet after the Sun, and lies between the planets, Mars and Saturn. It is also the fourth brightest object in the sky after the Sun, Moon and Venus and is also called the 'ruler of the night skies'. It is the first gaseous planet (Saturn, Uranus and Neptune being the other gas planets) to be discovered in our solar system and radiates twice as much as heat than it absorbs from the sun. There are scores of interesting facts about Jupiter."

"How do we know all that we know about Jupiter?

It was Galileo Galilei in 1610, who through his telescope found that Jupiter had four moons orbiting it. Further, in 1660, Cassini came across bands and spots on Jupiter's surface and as a result was able to calculate the planet's period of rotation. However, the first spacecraft to visit and explore Jupiter was Pioneer 10, in 1973.

Pioneer 11(1974), Voyager 1 & 2 (1979) and Ulysses (1992) followed Pioneer 10's lead and have to be given due credit for bringing to us all these interesting facts about Jupiter. In 1995, Galileo of NASA (only spacecraft to orbit Jupiter) revolved around Jupiter and even today is orbiting around the planet. Cassini in 2000 and NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft in 2007 made their flyby across Jupiter"

What About The Nukes. . . .? I thought we shot Nukes at Jupiter to turn it into our new sun, or something. . .?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa
reply to post by tristar

Thank you and I thought so, but wasn't sure of what nature the object was. Even more so I don't know why the headline had mystery in it if it was known.

Well.....if you were to announce its molecular compound then *that alone would raise further questions. Questions that many would rather not be asked let alone try to explain. So by mentioning what has been mentioned, assures the everyone that my signature is self explanatory.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thank's Jupiter, you truly are that large muscular friend I bring out to the pub's just incase. Our solar system is so perfect compared to others.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
Thank's Jupiter, you truly are that large muscular friend I bring out to the pub's just incase. Our solar system is so perfect compared to others.

offtopic : Your reply honestly make me smile. Well done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join