It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the face of Big Brother in New South Wales (State in Australia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Meet the face of Big Brother in New South Wales

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

THE State Government is quietly compiling a mathematical map of almost every adult's face, sharing information that allows law enforcement to track people by CCTV.
Experts said yesterday few people realised their facial features were being recorded in an RTA database of drivers licence photos that the Government has allowed both state and federal police to access.

The federal body CrimTrac has asked NSW for its database so it can be mined nationally by police using the facial recognition information contained in it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is scary stuff.

en.wikipedia.org...

New South Wales is Australia's most populous state, and includes Sydney. They have all faces recorded. :O They can figure out where you are at all times essentially.

Sounds very NWO to me. I've known that they record us but to have every person recorded and "mapped..."

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I guess once you are recorded and mapped you have to go have plastic surgery. Will they make you come in for "remapping" then?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Well they'll be able to do it on their own, so long as your new face is caught on camera. It's a non-hassle service!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This sounds like an experiment.

If it works well they will implement this worldwide and place more CCTV.

Why let people monitor you when computer programs that can do the work cheaper and better and recognize EVERYBODY, thanks to the nice collection of pictures in the government database.

There was a thread here recently about how painting your face black in regions can manipulate the system.

I can't find the thread but found the original article.

Scary future indeed.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They just wait for you to come back and renew your drivers license. Then they re-map your face then. Perhaps the only way to get around being mapped is to not have obtained a drivers license or be photographed for anything that the state might require. The countries of the world has gone crazy with trying to be able to track and control it's citizens, why do they need to know our every little movement?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

CCTV cameras catch you so you're going to be photographed and mapped even under the name John Doe. There's no escaping it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I'm not a criminal by any means, but in an environment such as that it would seem to me that law abiding citizens would begin to feel like such. I think citizens with paintball guns should tag up those pesky cameras. Big Brother just has to constantly monitor everyones movements. I hate to think about the future my children will be growing up in

[edit on 3-6-2010 by azrael36]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I guess you were not aware of

"This agreement is an important step forward in bolstering collaboration between the United States and Australia in preparing for and responding to natural disasters," said Secretary Napolitano. "I look forward to working closely with our Australian partners to keep our citizens safe during emergencies."

www.dhs.gov...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I posted this yesterday. I can't get a link because I'm on my iPod but if if you go to my profile you will find it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Portugoal.....

This is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ye I just saw it. Search didn't pick anything up.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ye I just saw it. Search didn't pick anything up.

No worries.....

I did the same thing other day.....

I must have spent 20 mins writing, inserting pictures, etc.....

I HATE THAT!!!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Duplicate thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join