It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean currents likely to carry oil along Atlantic coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Well, I can tell you, living in the area, we have had many storms the last few days, and I am running on battery here, because of lightning..........yeeks!

The wind is blowing in that direction, and coupled with how the stream is picking the oil up, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Now that they are saying it will go up the east coast, I'm sure we will soon be hearing how it's going to reach Europe in time.

BP has a lot of work, by way of it's funds, forever to come.

It'd be ironic as hell if the majority of the oil somehow made it's way all the way up and over to England's coast.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9

It'd be funny as hell if the majority of the oil somehow made it's way all the way up and over to England's coast.

Uhmmm, I really don't think so. I don't know if you have seen any of my other comments, but, I live on the Gulf Coast, and the last week, I have had nose bleeds, and I haven't had one for decades.

I'm located about 4.5 miles from the beach between Gulport and Biloxi, and was a previous resident of Louisiana, for about 5 years. I go to the beach a lot, to see what is happening.

I have relatives that fish for a living, and some who work offshore.

This is in no way funny, and I don't find your comment, in the least bit, entertaining.

Just the loss of sea life alone, should be bringing tears to any normal human being.

edit to add:

No, even though you changed "funny," to ironic, it doesn't change what I think of your post.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I replied with this in another thread here. told ya
i could def see this, if enough oil spews out, because of the currents and jet stream* jet stream kinda hooks around florida. naturally it wil take the sea current with it.
this reminds me of jaws..just when you thoght it was safe to go in the water
just having a sense of humor about it no pun intended against this catastrophe.
i think beaches will have people on them for alittle, good for business. not becuae its warm water, hot women in the sand and making sand castles..its becuase theyve never seen an oil crude slick before* everyones gunna wanna see the devastation responsable. for a week or 2 prob. then after that...their goes the beach business! as well as local fishing businesses. hard to tell though how many fish could/will be contaminated by the crude itself or the toxic ingreidints.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
It'd be ironic as hell if the majority of the oil somehow made it's way all the way up and over to England's coast.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Romans 10:9]

Why should the British people suffer due to the actions (or inactions) of a multinational oil company?

Perhaps the sins of US based multi nationals operating all over the world should be visited on the American people? The british aren't responsible for this, BP are. To wish destruction and suffering on us due to this company is a little unfair.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

BP (British Petroleum) is based in the UK.

London is where BP’s corporate headquarters are located, and the UK is therefore a centre for trading, legal, finance and other mainstream business functions. The UK is also home to three of BP’s major global research and technology groups.
Source: www.bp.com...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

BP (British Petroleum) is based in the UK.

London is where BP’s corporate headquarters are located, and the UK is therefore a centre for trading, legal, finance and other mainstream business functions. The UK is also home to three of BP’s major global research and technology groups.
Source: www.bp.com...

TheRedneck

Yeah, I know that. My point is that this is a private company, this incident is their responsibility, not the responsibility of the british people as a whole.

I sure as hell don't have anything to do with BP and neither does anyone else I know yet posts like the one from the guy I quoted seem to be implicating us in this and suggesting that it would be some kind of karmic payback if we were to suffer from these oil slicks on our shores.

edit to add: As an example, would it be ok to wish cancer on the american people due to the actions of US based tobacco companies? I don't think it would and the same applies here.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Chris McGee]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That I can agree with you on. No people are responsible for this, save anyone who might have been involved in the explosion. Yes, there will be much suffering, but what portion of that suffering is to be avoided by applying blame anywhere?

Your first post sounded like you were wishing the devastation on America. I take offense to anyone wishing devastation on anyone. Apologies if I misread your intention.

The platform is broken. The oil is leaking out of the well. We can either sit around assigning blame, or try and stop it and get it cleaned up as best we can. That would be a more productive endeavor, IMO, and those who wish to assign blame now are just trying to make it harder for BP to stop the leak.

There will be plenty of time to point fingers... later.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join