It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korean war 'may break out at any moment': North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

www.google.com

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

GENEVA — A North Korean diplomat said Thursday that tensions on the Korean peninsula were running so high over the sinking of a South Korean warship that "war may break out at any moment."

In a speech to the international Conference on Disarmament, Ri Jang-Gon, deputy permanent representative for North Korea at the United Nations in Geneva, blamed the "grave situation" on South Korea and the United States.

"The present situation of the Korean peninsula is so grave that a war may break out at any momen
(visit the link for the full news article)

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This could just be the start, or yet another huff and puff over nothing. Peoples thoughts welcome. I read about china not wanting the US to have there war games with S Korea. With all thats going on in the world right now is this the start of something bigger. I know I going to be paying attention to devolpments in the near future, I sure others would have already seen this.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just a thought, I read about the nuclear fusion experiment that they claimed to have done early last month. I thought they have never done that but I was thinking off nuclear fusion reators. Not H bombs. Little off topic I know.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As one distraction dies down another flares up....

What are they trying to distract us from now? in this global find the lady game..

Sorry I am sceptical on this type of news, given how it is being spun in the media..

Don't get me wrong, I know it has an air of seriousness and could turn nasty at any time, but it still reeks of manipulation.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
What are they trying to distract us from now? in this global find the lady game..

Economic Manipulations would be my guess...and the implications towards an implicit social heirarchy that is anything but equal and protected by people who *think* they are deserving because of their possession of proprietary social standing.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's really a sad, sad deal, considering it doesn't have to be. The whole world is that way, and it's almost like watching a new Mother devour her children. We talk about trusting in God, but how could anyone believe that we are doing more than lip service? As a species, how could we do this to ourselves? Are there any cool heads anywhere? We're fixin' to light the biggest firecracker in history, and all I can think of doing is praying that God will save us.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well, the released report on the sinking it came at the conveniently timed Eurozone crisis, so I'm wondering what impending issues/crisis they are trying to cover with this round of smoke and mirrors..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Does seem the way things are spun. I belive there is more to this though. I think that russia? wants to look at the findings of the sinking. China has interests beyond not wanting the US near its doorstep.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

This also happened at the same time Japan was thinking about closing an American base on Japanese soil .

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by thoughtsfull

This also happened at the same time Japan was thinking about closing an American base on Japanese soil .

Interesting, thanks for that
BTW the sabre rattling between Britain and Argentina was at the same time as Barclay's (British Bank) were appointed by Argentina to sort out their sovereign debt crisis.. Another clear cut case of miss direction...

So much of the true economic woes seem to be hidden behind smoke and mirrors, the scary part is that it could turn real nasty at any moment..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Has there been real evidence that it was a German torpedoe that was used. Dont get me wrong but could a North Korea submarine even fire the thing. Lucky for me there is going to be somebody on ATS that knows

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

As one distraction dies down another flares up....

Maybe this ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An excuse for the media not to have to focus on it?... despite the fact most of the planet is aware of those meetings.

Just thinking aloud

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I hope war does not break out. Can someone keep updating what's going on in Korea? I have the flu really bad. Wish i could contribute.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Well, the released report on the sinking it came at the conveniently timed Eurozone crisis, so I'm wondering what impending issues/crisis they are trying to cover with this round of smoke and mirrors..

Realistically there would be no crisis for them to cover up. I think there is a fine line between distracting from what I described in my post above and keeping the populace in a semi fearful/reliant haze by always having some kind of international threat, whether implicit or otherwise.

As well, doing some research (I am interested in scandals that have occured prior to the implemenation of the internet as a communicative standard for all of society) and financial scandals occurred in the eighties. Which suggests that the motivation isn't necessarily covering up for the public. There is a possibility (and I am totally inferring at this point) that there is competition at the top of the financial heap and that there is some dirty fighting. Enron proved that rich people will provoke societal "crisis" in order for them to be able to "predict" how Wall Street will behave and as such predict where to place their money for profit.

What has happened in the past that we were unable to discern from lack of perspective?

I think there is a very different social paradigm at the top. They play by different rules and they shift and form the law and current events amongst each other for financial benefit as well social manipulation.

The increase in technology is only making this easier for them, as far as accountability is concerned. Which makes the creation of social/personal manipulative technology all the more concerning.

North/South Korea? This war already happened. It's history repeating again...I don't think there is a real issue there and if war does break out perhaps they'll repeat the fall of the Berlin Wall.

There is much more going on then that regional conflict. Too much money and too much technology these days...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ol' Kimmy has been pushing the envelope for years and is on his way out. As has been stated in threads before, I believe the other posters are right...Kimmy wants to go out with a "bang" so to speak.

It is only a matter of time before someone fires the first shot. I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom but these are scary times we live in.

We got Isreal just waiting to bombard whatever country decides to try to harm them and NK and SK at the brink...something is going to give very soon. I hope I am wrong and this is all talk, but sadly I think the first shots of WWIII will be fired very soon.

Of course the US will need to get involved wherever it starts because we are the world's police force and have to stick our nose everywhere.

On an unrelated note...browsing the threads and replying with the iPad is pretty cool. Compact computing is great!! LoL

link   
Double post. Sorry, still getting used to the touch screen.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

link   

Originally posted by Id123
Has there been real evidence that it was a German torpedoe that was used. Dont get me wrong but could a North Korea submarine even fire the thing. Lucky for me there is going to be somebody on ATS that knows

That's the strange thing about torpedos - almost all of them are the same diameter.

Standard size for a "standard" torpedo is 533mm (lights are usually 400mm and heavies are usually 600mm.

As far as I'm aware the NK subs supplied by China are fitted with the standard 533mm torpedo tubes.

The only current torpedo I can see them being unable to fire would be the latest German ones which are guided by fibre-optic cables instead of the usual wires.

I can't see any reason why a NK, Russian, Chinese or any other nationality's submarine couldn't fire a German torpedo...

The question is, why are NK denying this? This is abnormal behaviour for them if "Dear Leader" ordered the sinking.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
there have been some great pieces on the BBC's news night over the last few days, with a BBC reporter being allowed into Norrth korea. The reports were fascinating. North Korea is almost exactly how you expect George Orwells 1984 to look like. The people talk about the "great Leader" like christians talk about God. It looks like an absolutely bizarre place.

From what the BBC reporter was reporting it was clear the North Koreans are not to be trusted.

I hope it doesn't come to war, it's only the civilians on both sides who will suffer the most.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This war is a complete and utter distraction from the real problem at hand.

The oil spill.

I guarantee you that the world as we know it will be changed forever...

Buy supplies now and don't forget the gas masks.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Elysarian

Ok.I get what you say on that. I was thinking more off software systems. Standard heavy job fits all. Thanks all the same

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join