It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Project Starfish Prime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
On July 9, 1962, U.S. military researchers on a tiny Pacific atoll called Johnston Island detonated a 1.4 mega ton warhead 400km above the Johnston atoll in the Pacific Ocean. The explosion wiped out the communications in Hawii and caused Auroras that could be seen at the equatur. Those were the short term effects, it took earths magnetic field 10 years to repair itself. Also, there has been much speculation that a new magnetic belt was created by the blast that has yet to dissapate.

www.fas.org...

Some more info can be found here on the background of HAARP:
www.earthpulse.com...

On July 9, 1962, the US began a further series of experiments with the ionosphere. From their description: "one kiloton device, at a height of 60 km and one megaton and one multi-megaton, at several hundred kilometers height" (K.H.A., 29 June 1962). These tests seriously disturbed the lower Van Allen Belt, substantially altering its shape and intensity. "In this experiment the inner Van Allen Belt will be practically destroyed for a period of time; particles from the Belt will be transported to the atmosphere. It is anticipated that the earth's magnetic field will be disturbed over long distances for several hours, preventing radio communication. The explosion in the inner radiation belt will create an artificial dome of polar light that will be visible from Los Angeles" (K.H.A. 11 May 1962). A Fijian Sailor, present at this nuclear explosion, told me that the whole sky was on fire and he thought it would be the end of the world. This was the experiment which called forth the strong protest of the Queen's Astronomer, Sir Martin Ryle in the UK.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Very interesting read, wasn't aware of the testing of a electromagnetic pulse weapon in the Gulf War - makes you wonder what's being tested in the current conflict?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've read this somewhere else besides here at ATS, but it pretty much stated the same thing. I'm pretty sure it was Popular Science magazine...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You know i dont think they will be happy to one day they blow the magnetic all togther

hmm some people hey

new topics

top topics

join