It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question regarding meditation or enlightenment/nirvana

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

Thank you for your concern.

The key word in my question was not "kriyas", but mostly about the twitches which I thought that's how "you" called them. Excuse my ignorance.

There is several ways to awaken one's energy, and I admit I don't know much about Yoga Practice/Philosophy.

My teacher already explained to me what I'm going through, I just need sometimes, as I'm very curious, to find out what other "Philosophy" think of certain phenomenon , which in my opinion are the "same" in most spiritual practice, but hold different names or explanations.

There are many great stories about "involuntary movements" happening during "spiritual practice" in different practice and religion...

The Shakers, The Quakers, St-Vitus were some examples of manifestation of "involuntary movements".

[edit on 25-7-2010 by samsamm9]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hello Samsamm9, I hope all is well for your family in every realm of life. Such seemingly involuntary mudranic responses during meditation are not uncommon, though speaking without knowing your specific mudras or kriyas or anything else, the more common reasons I'll address for you, which most probably applies to you as well. One area will be understanding causes, the other will be common remedial expediencies.

The exigencies of a moment are confined to the factors of person, place and thing extant within that moment. Depending upon our ideation at that moment, if we are a participant, then the reactive momentum resulting from that experience will either be retained with the Cosmos as the sole carrier and experiencer of the reaction to such event, or within ourselves, and any other participants with whom the experience is shared. The proper term for this yet-to-be-expressed reactive momenta is "sam'skara" [pronounced "saung skara"], not "karma". Karma is of two elements: 1) the doing of an action [the proper meaning for "kriya"], 2) performing an action as an instrument of the Cosmos [unlike kriya which is the dross mechanics of an action, not the physico-spycho-spiritual experience of "karma"]. In the context of our efforts here, "kriya" also has a seemingly upticked meaning, as in kriya yoga, which is the context within which we'll discuss kriyas.

The "kriyas" you are experiencing, Samsamm9, may also be referred to as occult symptoms, results released or 'revealed' from doing intuitional practices. [Oddly enough, Duran Duran's "Reflex" just came up on my Pandora radio player.] The whole of the continuity of the moment of any past experience are contained within that moment and may never be replicated with perfect exactitude as that moment presented, although close approximations can occur, more easily psychically within the same lifetime or another than physico-psycho-spiritually. However, through intuitional practices -- depending upon the prescribed disposition, object of idiation and concept of desideratum -- several individual experiences may find release at relatively the same time, giving us the symptoms as you describe, whether through our motor organs [appearing as funky mudra boogy / dharma disco dalliances] or otherwise through our nervous system as in hot rushes through any of various parts of our bodies.

For the physical symptoms, I've been in group meditation with many people from many different parts of the world, many of whom expressed the same physical symptoms no matter where they were from, arched backs, hyperventilation, for example, while I've witnessed many South Americans who promptly went into some funky mudras no one else had ever witnessed. Despite many of such South Americans having ensconced themselves into Hispanic or Portuguese culture today, there was still the signature of Incan and Mayan culture within them, known or unknown, in which the older culture's mudras continue finding expression, despite the cultural insularity at play in their lives today.

One of the symptoms I began experiencing after receiving pranayama was a kundalini rush while going about general activities, my torso twisting somewhat like a washing machine agitator while vital essences ran up my spine, for example.

Originally posted by samsamm9
Very interesting thread !

I please had a question for who ever can answer/help me.

If during meditation I have "spontaneous kriyas(hands, thigh, heart,... and the thumb a lot)",

what does it really mean ?

Well I have been meditating for a while now... and these "kriyas" just started about 2 weeks ago, and since, I've been randomly shaking in and out of meditation. With some research I found out they were called "kriyas", but the info I find about it is confusing.

Also with the twitches, there is a feeling I can't really describe, something
strong and terrifying.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by samsamm9]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As to what we can do about it, no matter what such things are or how different they may seem to be, with proper attention we'll find that all of them, no matter what form, realm or method they will all include some form of puja, or "purge", a term which originates from "puja". Among such efforts could include ideational releases, psycho-spiritually, or fasting, which can be either solely physical or better yet, psycho-physical, which would involve intent in both realms as a precursor for greater results.

Fasting as a solely phyiscal occurance may or may not be good for one's body, and if not good for the body, may be debilitating to the mind as well. Done carefully and intelligently, fasting can be an excellent method of rapidly releasing 'crap' from both mind and body. Done gently, fasting the day of ekadashi [approximately the 11th day after a new or full moon] can be expeditious for most everyone who are not pregnant, nursing or physiologically challenged. The gravitational pull of sun and moon upon Earth and our air/fire/water/ balance within our body work together to both release psycho-physical encrapenants, purify the body and release known and unknown sam'skaras. Doing so with the intent of delivering uneaten food to the needy and investing unspent funds for food to the wellbeing of those less financially advantaged than ourselves amplifies our pysical, psycho-physical, and physico-psycho-physical success from fasting on these or any other days of our lives.

Many cultures around the world already know about the efficacies of fasting, pujas, by any other names, and the manner by which past experiences are stored within our bodies, whereas in much of our Western culture, such had not been acknowledged as true or fact until Ida Rolf and her associates explored such possibilities through their "Rolfing" massage techniques. What originally tipped them off was an experience she had with Frederick Perls:

Fritz Perls, who is well known for Gestalt Therapy, received a series of sessions from Ida Rolf, Ph.D while they were both working at Esalen. She relieved him of pain he was having related to a heart condition and awakened memories of an anesthetist injuring him during surgery. He was ever so grateful for the relief, sharing and sending clients her way as well as spreading her praises throughout the Esalen community .

Such is an excellent example of sam'skarika release, a puja, a purge of a held darkness from the past.

In Rolfing, and similar body/mind integrative psycho-physical therapies such memories are considered to be held in "fascia" within the body, of which the deep tissue massage digs into and releases. Once something is learned, a new threshold discovered, complacency sets in, staticism and stoicism take hold. Feldenkais considered there may be more to learn that could be more effective in releasing such sam'skaras and perhaps more subtly, more gently, so he developed the Feldenkais Method.

Getting to and affecting such fascia, releasing old sam'skaras, and helping the body -- much cruder than the mind -- keep up with the rapid evolution of the mind is why yogis developed yoganasas. At the core, yogasanas are focused on the glands, with subsequent other reasons for doing them.

Originally posted by samsamm9
Very interesting thread!

I please had a question for who ever can answer/help me.

If during meditation I have "spontaneous kriyas(hands, thigh, heart,... and the thumb a lot)", what does it really mean ?

Well I have been meditating for a while now... and these "kriyas" just started about 2 weeks ago, and since, I've been randomly shaking in and out of meditation. With some research I found out they were called "kriyas", but the info I find about it is confusing.

Also with the twitches, there is a feeling I can't really describe, something
strong and terrifying.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by samsamm9]

[edit on 5-8

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
1) Every capability of which we are born to have is natural and furthering evolution, both our own and that of others, can be facilitated through such skills.

2) Whatever methodologies one uses for "astral projection", the inherent architecture of astral projection remains the same, and thus the core practice of dharana will be the key ingredient that makes lucid dreaming, astral projection, remote viewing, time travel, and even levitation work.

What makes either and each of them work is tangential to the fifth dimension, of which dharana is the methodological practice that delivers us to that dimension, along with systolic ideational vistara, typically in association with breath. This is a primary reason why appropriate siddha mantras for meditation, and consequently liberation, should be bisyllabic.

3) Same as 1). A key ingredient, which crosses the factors of all other reasons will include discerning truthfulness, both in self and others, and in bringing about outcomes progressive for all beings. Cruder benefits include diagnosing and prescribing, preparing for shared events, avoiding negative events, furthering positive events, and better color coordination in one's wardrobe. ;-)

4) You were born human, most definitely, a "kundalini awakening" is imperative for making this human birth worthwhile. If a person has experienced symptoms of the kundalini rising, then a disposition of rapport -- with the Universe, the most intimate of all relationships, and singularly the only true one -- should be harbored and cultivated as if with a soulmate, as the Universe is our true and only soulmate. The symptoms will subside and greater closeness with our soul, the Universe, will ensue. The carefulness in such matters is the true reason why incarnate gurus live, to facilitate such transitions for others, live as an incarnation of the love pervading the Universe, and be there when the intuitional science practitioner needs help, whether they know it or not. Such are known as siddha yogis, siddha yogis also live and work between incarnations too.

Originally posted by sphinx551
I have a couple more:
1. Are there any spiritual benefits to lucid dreaming?

2. What is the most effective way to astral project?

3. What are the benefits of learning to see auras?

4. Would you recommend doing a Kundalini Awakening?

5. Little off-topic but do you think a scenario like the new movie Inception is possible?

Thanks.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have a basic question on meditation, i would be grateful if someone can help...

I find it very difficult to quiet my mind, i get tired while trying to shut off the chatter. Maybe my technique is wrong but iv tried a couple...

I listen for what my next though will be, but can only seem to quieten my mind for 5 or 6 seconds, then the chatter comes back.

Iv been trying in small douses, 20 mins a day after work.

On 2 occasions i managed to have a good session of about 2 or 3 mins silence and it was great, i wish i could do this every time!

Iv also tried bin-aural beats on an mp3 player but don't really like it as it just gives me a head ache.

Any suggestions anybody? thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
How can you be something when you are in being? Drop all labels and youll find your paths and understandings become clearer. Drop your own critisizm and learn to let go. That's what meditation is.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hello, Doorhand, I hope all is well for your family in every realm of life. Your concerns are real, common, and meaningful in your heart, which you deserve respectful answers.

Without speaking directly of or about your own techniques in meditation, let me say something about the use of the term "meditaiton" in contemporary life. I will speak generically first, this is not a presumption or dismissive of what you have or are doing. Many things are called meditation, mental intercourse or mental agitation too are often considered to be "meditation" and brandished hautily with inflated prestigious aires through pretentious exhibitionistic displays of flauntulent grandeloquence, yet do not take the practitioner, often a sincere yet gullible person, into subtler realms of being nor unveil splendid and lasting truths to be relied upon throughout life and in the service of loved ones and all else in life -- at any price.

We are often blessed with a powerful and effective technique presented to us by saints who had us in mind, and heart, in both engineering the meditation technique, vitalizing it with life force with the certitude that it can, and will deliver us to our ultimate possible threshold in life, in any life, yet some times something is not fully perceived in the conveyance. This and other vicisitudes of life may often dispell our rapport and confidence in the techniques we have been blessed with and compromises our sincerity and vital investment in the certainty that we will arrive at our disderatum, in this life or any life, or even whether there is one or not, other than the perpetually drunken consumptionistic fever of contemporary pseudoculture vehement in its distracting dalliances into our life, whether we want them or not.

Rapport, intimacy, proactive conjugation, transcendence, unification, fulfillment. These are essential factors bringing about deliverence through meditation, more sublime than attention to the mechanics of meditation, although when these are active, the mechanics of technique also get fulfilled, usually. A bias towards these, in love, greatly facilitate success in physico-psycho-spiritual attainment.

Elementary factors as to engineering of progressive meditation techniques would include taking into account matters of nature, including systolis, both of breath, heart and mantrika incantation, thus where mantras are involved, they should be bisyllabic, as well as meaningful and expressive of endearment between lover and loved one. A Tantrika guru will repeat your mantra while raising their own kundalini to the 7th chakra, and beyond, thus giving it the indomitable certainty of power to help you fulfill your liberation.

A concept of the Universe, its continuities and flow, realms of being and their reflection in the Universe should also be made clear. The shape of the technique should also lead you toward ensconcement in infinity and make you feel at home with the Universe, its controlling faculties and in fathomless rapport as you deliver yourself to the intimacy from which you came ... and have always been. The technique should also meld the individuation of subjectivity and objectivity, the perceiver and the perceived.

Originally posted by doorhand
I have a basic question on meditation, i would be grateful if someone can help...

I find it very difficult to quiet my mind, i get tired while trying to shut off the chatter. Maybe my technique is wrong but iv tried a couple...

I listen for what my next though will be, but can only seem to quieten my mind for 5 or 6 seconds, then the chatter comes back.

On 2 occasions i managed to have a good session of about 2 or 3 mins silence and it was great, i wish i could do this every time!

Iv also tried bin-aural beats on an mp3 player but don't really like it as it just gives me a head ache.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystical Sadhu

Thank you so much for taking the time and for
sharing your knowledge.

Very appreciated

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

i am sorry buddy. i really tryed to stay out of your thread. i have been studying what i like to call one of the many paths. meditation is a tool, if done properly it does not do as you say. it cleans up your house it empty's the mind and gives you control over your body and mind like separate entities and other things. and in doing so ( by following the practices to its completion in the first pose you start with anyway lol. for different poses effect the mind and body in different ways as well as breathing but i guess where not getting into that). anyway when following thought with meditation you get to a point when you get in position and close your eyes and it is as no time passes when you open your eyes again. when you happen to set up a period of time 6 hours lets say and you close your eyes and open them 2 days later as if no time passed then your ready for the next asana. there are many other practices as well. and also with the fact your talking like your a wise man and you have stated you dont even astral project i think its time for you to get on the ball and become what it is you seek to be .. it takes unimaginable self will to work on following a true path most dont have the inner strength to do the exercises .

ps. and sitting cross legged in the floor is a horrible position for the body. the full lotus or the dragon pose, i suggest the dragon pose. is good for the frame of the bode. and no its not easy. why would it be. thats why you have to work for it

[edit on 17-8-2010 by pathwalker]

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pathwalker

Whether he sits, stands or lays on his side, so long as his mind is liberated, he is free from suffering. That is the doctrine, the position of the body is not as important as the state of the mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorhand

The perfect mind is free from perturbations and confusion. This is the model by which we are to guide our mind and allow to emulate. Since the liberated mind is perfect, it is transcendent and completely free, we can not become it, nothing can become it, we can only realize that that is what we are. An imperfect thing (body) can not be something pure (liberated soul), however the mind can realize its true nature, which is the pure mind. This is the way to silence the mind, by focusing on the pure mind.

The pure mind has no taints to it, it is eternal, the supreme law of all things, the origin of all things, nothing comes from anything but this pure mind. The pure mind alone is the cause of all things, and once ingrained in ignorance, the individual self emerges as a lost soul, 'separated' from this mind, even though nothing is truly separate from this mind. Created beings arise from an eternal process of emanation by which the pure mind expresses itself to itself, and because this is supreme beauty, the individual beings become amazed at what it sees, and become separate and isolated, because they cling to the material forms, rather than to the pure mind. The task of the philosopher is to rejoin to the pure mind and give up the earthly forms, regardless of how beautiful they are, because the free mind is more beautiful than any material object.

How the one separates into two is a difficult metaphysical question to answer, and the secret is that there is no duality, duality is an illusion and thus it does not really exist, there exists only the One-Mind, this One-Mind is our true nature, which has been covered over thanks to our senses. Earthly species have adopted sensory organs that imprison the soul into this physical matrix and we lose sight of the One, all the more so because it is not objective, but subjective. The eternal process of creation does not affect the supremely enlightened Buddhas who have forever disavowed their self from their bodies, and know that their true self is the One. For all other beings, they do not have the wisdom and insight to penetrate into this Pure-Light of the mind, and so they become ingrained in the physical realm, running around the middle origin (Godhead), and ignorant of the true Eternity which is their true nature.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am new to meditation and just had a question. When I have meditated before I get to a point when my inner vision or something like that flattens out and then bounces back a few times I was just curious what does this mean? It has happened to me twice since I started meditating a few weeks ago and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong to get this flattening and bouncing back inner vision or maybe something right like I said I am new to this so any input is helpful

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

This is my theory on how the one became two:
There is nothing but God. God is the image that is seen. The image can not appear without an observer, the observer and the image can not appear separately they come as one package. It is the same as, there can be no selling without buying and no buying without selling. It is one.
'Man' is 'man'ufactured from that image. Man 'thinks' itself separate from the image of God. At no point is man separate from the image of God ever. The image of God is made of light, see it is light now, not dark, there is light 'now', presently.
The past and future are in darkness, they are not here now.
If something is not here now then it does not exist.

The human condition is to believe the darkness, to believe in things that do not exist, things like time. Come and play in Gods playground which is right here and right now in the light of presence.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayne13

I am new to meditation and just had a question. When I have meditated before I get to a point when my inner vision or something like that flattens out and then bounces back a few times I was just curious what does this mean? It has happened to me twice since I started meditating a few weeks ago and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong to get this flattening and bouncing back inner vision or maybe something right like I said I am new to this so any input is helpful

You mean like about to fall asleep and being snapped out of it? You lost your concentration, that's why. No, it does not mean much. Keep meditating. When it happens, you will know it.
More than likely, you life will change afterward...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Not quite like about to fall asleep I mean its like It flatten and bounce back a few times almost like looking thru jello after it has beeen moved if thats just a concentration prob im cool with that lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rayne13

I think I know what you mean by flattening out and bouncing back. You are basically describing the process of consciousness. Your thoughts flatten out meaning your perception discerns something, and bouncing back is this discernment coming back to you. Meditation is about being aware that you are aware, so it is natural to feel things that mimic the sensation of consciousness, like seeing a mirror that reflectsyour image back to you, the mirror is the flattening, the reflection is the bouncing back. Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

ok so the flattening thing is kinda normal? like i said it has done it 2 times so far and it kinda throws me off and makes me start analyzing it and why it happens and breaks my meditative state
... how do i get it to stop? what are some good techniques for a beginner?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
1. Is Nirvana (becoming enlightened) actually returning to "nothingness" and feeling/becoming nothing? Sorry if that question sounds/worded strange.

2. Do you think Jesus was influenced by Buddhism?

3. Does 432Hz music actually have any great spiritual significance?

4. Off-topic but what is your opinion of Bigfoot? Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hello Sphinx551,

I hope all is well for your family in every realm of life. The term "Nirvana" is thrown about so loosely that it often does not resemble its meaning, as so many words are these days, many of which often wind up meaning the exact opposite of their true meaning, despite the terms in their true meaning being used throughout the in myriad contexts, "fundamentalism" being one of the best examples of that in modern life.

The Universe is individuated into the manifest, or "savana", and the unmanifest, which is "nirvana". Merging into the manifest universe may be referred to as "savana", referred to as "savikalpa samadhi" in Tantra, while merging into the unmanifest universe, nirvana, is called "nirvikalpa samadhi" in Tantra. Nirvana precedes the manifest universe in continuity of existence and threshold of subtlety, with the unmanifest universe being beyond qualities as it has none in the first place.

Nirvikalpa and savikalpa samadhis are the ultimate of all samadhis and bring the ultimate, consequent to their occurences, of anything that may be considered "enlightened" states of being afterward. Clearly conspicuous individuated samadhis may number more than 30, while these two are the ultimate with nirvikalpa superior to savikalpa.

In savikalpa samadhi your individuation ceases to exist, just as a drop of water that returns to the ocean is no longer individuated. Nirvikalpa carries you, or the once 'you' into that which precedes all things, the nothing before the something. Either samadhi may be either temporary or permanent. When temporary, you come back into existence, effulgent in quantum bliss beyond any value of happiness, replete with immeasurable knowledge and wisdom and extraordinary skills conjugated with the wellbeing of any and all others. When either samadhi is permanent, there is no more you at all, the Universe has lived through your uniqueness from lifetime to lifetime, from inanimate being to the ultimate of being born human and becoming fully human. St Francis of Assisi achieved permanent savikalpa samadhi.

I am very confident that Jesus spent time in Nepal and other nearby areas learning what was humanly possible. There's a story of a Russian photojournalist traipsing into the area in early 20th Century, being shown within a Buddhist temple vast evidence of Jesus having been there, yet upon further explorations by others having learned of this, some or all of the evidence became otherwise disposed.

I left it open many years ago that Jesus may well have been a total hoax, no such person existed, or perhaps some such person did exist, such as Shakespeare, though may not have resembled the myth created around them, such as Shakespeare. My guru affirmed that he did exist, while much as been built around his name since.

Every gland has a harmonious resonance unique to it, and more exactly unique for each person, with ranges of variation over a lifetime. Each and all things have unique resonances, Hertz being a linear gradation scale commonly used while other choices, linear and non-linear may also exist and convey effectively key characteristics of a resonance.

Ultimately, the thyroid, pituitary and pineal glands, progressively, are the most optimal glands of our human body, each with their own characteristic resonance, including measured by Hertz system. Pineal is the ultimate gland, affecting all glands below it, next of which is pituitary, with thyroid, parathyroid and thymus following consecutively in prominence of expressing and harbinging particularly human characteristics in us.

Food we eat becomes what our body becomes, with most cells being replaced within 6 weeks. Food for the pineal gland is optimally chlorophyll, which resonates within a unique range of Hertz. Chlorophyll is the soulmate of our pineal gland. Rather than buy a bottle of chlorophyll, buy a juicer, make meals of vegetable juices from green, blue and yellow vegetables, even fast for long periods only on, or almost only on chlorophyll-rich vegetables, beyond 6 weeks. Humongous is a small word in contrast to the big difference effect such eating will produce in your life, especially spiritually. I guarantee you that doing so will greatly increase your physico-psycho-spiritual parallelism, and feed your success in gaining savikalpa or nirvikalpa samadhis.

Big feet are not the stepping stones to bigger wangs that people make them out to be, though if you're into feet then have fun. *LMAO*

Originally posted by sphinx551
1. Is Nirvana (becoming enlightened) actually returning to "nothingness" and feeling/becoming nothing? Sorry if that question sounds/worded strange.

2. Do you think Jesus was influenced by Buddhism?

3. Does 432Hz music actually have any great spiritual significance?

4. Off-topic but what is your opinion of Bigfoot? Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Thank you.

edit on 2-6-2013 by Mystical Sadhu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2013 by Mystical Sadhu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join