It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question regarding meditation or enlightenment/nirvana

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
here's a question i have often wondered about. How do you know when you are enlightened? Is there any sort of signs or symptoms of one who has become enlightened?

oh also i was just wondering if you could clear up for me about what exactly is the ego? There are so many definitions of it its confusing lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

There are many so called "Gurus" out there who claim that they can work miracles concerning Kundalini energy and that they can (usually for the low low price of blah blah..) raise 'your' Kundalini, thereby conferring 'enlightenment' apon you.

I'm not gonna say that it's impossible for a real Guru to perform what is know is Saktipata on a dedicated disciple as the final step toward enlightenment, I know that Saktipata is for real.

But as far as I'm concerned, to become enlightened is not so easy as paying some so called 'enlightened master' to 'raise your Kundalini' and give you instant 'enlightenment'. It takes effort and sincere dedication on the part of the spiritual aspirant.

What do you think Mr. filosophia?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

There are indeed symptoms of such ensconcement, and when such occurs, it is utterly simple, peaceful, contented and joyous. You also realize that love is not one of several emotions, love is the homeostasis of all things, all beings, and the Universe at large.

Many people of wisdom and loving disposition some times have pondered what it would be like to be born anew, not into a baby's body, as we normally do, but to take their loving heart and wisdom-anchored minds to be born into an adult body instead. That resembles what it feels like when enlightenment dawns upon a human being. And you still do what you need to do as well, hence the remark by some Zen practitioners, "Before enlightenment: chopping wood and carrying water; after enlightenment: chopping wood and carrying water."

You feel like an instrument of the Universe, and you are awake that searching externally for answers regarding human evolution and enlightenment is the least successful and most exhaustive method of finding answers and establishing oneself in truthfulness.

A common symptom of enlightenment is that love has no object, only instrument, and that instrument is you, the enlightened one. When you walk down the street or in nature you will feel the greeting and salutation from every plant and animal. Trees will seem to bend in salutation, while animals will scurry to be with you. In parks dogs on leashes attached to a "master" will bolt forth -- some times human in tow -- to rush forth to be at your side, all circling around you and behaving themselves beautifully and dutifully.

Another symptom is that you are bathed in answers -- answers to questions as yet unasked, of which you'll want to take notes, so to speak, by conjuring up questions for which such answers can be applied to the wellbeing of others. You can hear the calls for rescue and surrender from anywhere around you, know exactly where such beings are and place yourself in their paths or at their side so that you will be of benefit to their wellbeing and asuage their pains with the truthfulness and constancy of love you carry with you in your enlightenment. You will also be able to hear what's on everyone's mind, including those jealous of your enlightenment and those who's love for the Universe and all beings guide them to fathom your depths to explore how they too can achieve such samadhis as yours.

You'll also witness for yourself how the future can precede the past, even the seeming sequence of incarnations do not play out in linear time sequencing. You'll witness all the moments in the past of this life when you were blessed with moments of spiritual insight, the vectoring such provided in your life, and even how high your kundalini may have risen at such moments.

Most of all, and necessitating for all the rest to be, anchoring in and the ubiquity of love is preemenent for enlightenment to occur and for it to be maintained.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Do you think all spirits descend and then ascend? If so, what is the sinchronicity
for downward and upward spiral of learning?

RP

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystical Sadhu

Thank you so much for your replies.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Thank you so much for your replies.
2nd line

You're very welcome, Sphinx. Which "second line" are you referring to, the second sentence, half of the first sentence, or the second paragraph?

While I have your attention, here are some answers to your earlier inquiry:

1. What is the difference between Christ Consciousness and Nirvana?

Accessing the subtler realms of mind does indeed result in and/or is dependent upon the kundalini rising to each successive chakra. The chakras have both direct and indirect relationships to each of the Kosas. To most of us, especially those who are not of any christian sect, "Christ consciousness" seems a bit sectarian. However, to reach even a minimum of moral and spiritual excellence resemblent of the story of Jesus as livable in the lives of anyone and everyone born human, that would involve, raising one's kundalini, to the very least, to and through the fourth chakra, anahata, at the center of the chest, and reflected, among the list of kosas as the Vijanamaya kosa as the anchor from which life and the Universe are perceived.

Nirvana has to do with the realms beyond this manifest Universe. There is the manifest Universe, Saguna, which is the "qualified" Universe, which may also be known as Sahvana [spelled many different ways] as experienced in its greatest sublimity. Nirvana relates to the unmanifest Universe, that which is beyond the mind, the nothingness precedent and always concurrent with the somethingness of Saguna/Sahvana.

At the very least, Savhana is conspicuous when the kundalini rises to and through the anahata chakra, when the mind is well established in Vijanamaya kosa, while Nirvhana is experienced in Nirvikalpa samadhi, when the kundalini goes to and through the seventh chakra. One may experience nirvikalpa samadhi and return back to their current incaration as a Mahasambhut or "Great Soul" whose indomitable union with the great Universe and all its properties renders them a magnificent driving force for the reclamation of dharma through the planet, or even galaxy, upon which they are incarnate.

Samadhi in Saguna or Savhana, known as Savikalpa samadhi, will make one utterly unified with the Universe and resemble the description of my last post in this thread. Much of what was described can be attained by raising one's kundalini to the fourth or anahata chakra, while some of the other characteristics come from reaching and exceeding the fifth chakra at the throat or sixt chakra at midbrain.

2. Does a human reincarnate infinitely many times?

Having started from an infinite point of no dimensions and moving forward through, first external influences/forces and then through both internal and external influences and forces as first vital airs form, then mind results from consistent operation of vital airs, then with formation of mind, sentiments evolve and consequently rationale evolves, till finally, one attains what seems, so far, to be the pinacle of evolution, human life. Humans do indeed reincarnate as well, and depending upon one's approach toward furthering one's own evolution and the elevation of the wellbeing of others, then one can or will attain another human form, on this world or another, to further the process towards greater subtlety in evolution -- provided one hasn't already attained liberation or salvation, mukti [merger into Saguna/Savhana] or moksa [merger into Nirguna/Nirvana].

Continued:

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Mystical Sadhu/

4. Does being an complete atheist hinder spiritual growth to an extent?

From a unit being's first inception into the Universe from the infinite point, to their culmination in mukti or moksa, the movement is of a progressive nature, from crude toward subtle. This is a cardinal Universal value and is not vetoed by toxic emotionality nor masturbatory pseudo-intellectualism. However, indulging in either will, indeed, shove one backwards in evolution. Ha!

The forward movement of evolution is from crude toward subtle, and is referred to as "pratisaincara" [prati sain 'chara'] in Sanskrit. Crudifiying one's mind, moving backwards in evolution, is referred to as "negative pratisaincara" in Sanskrit and, no matter what force is used by self or anyone or anything else, is of a short-lived nature.

Much of contemporary Western religions and Western psychology are structured in the architecture of a bifurcated Universe, resembling the architecture of the number line as we saw it atop nearly every school chalkboard. In Tantra, the Universe is oval-shaped, both materially and psychically, the Universe is an "intneral" experience of its own thoughts, whereas for humans, and nearly all other beings in the Universe, we have an internal and external world to deal with.

When one's mind gets better established in the Vijanamaya kosa, and beyond, the external world will seem more of an internal generation, and one can influence the world, far beyond one's own mundane perimeters, to affect world history, however remotely that may be. [When reading the other ATS thread referred to above, note that the practice for polishing the Vijanamaya kosa is "dharana", which should be properly prescibed by a trained instructor/guru.]

Whether one believes in a deity, theism, or not, atheism, the Universe will continue to unfold as it should, and you, and everyone else, will constantly be buoyed by the ecstasy of Universal love. Just as opinions and masturbatory vanity surfing and the consequential conceits of intellectual pomposity degenerate us and others further into the bowels of beastiality, regardless of what haute' aires blow hard from the bowels of premeditated ignorance in the opportunistic deceits of demonic influences, we will learn better after such brief transits and love each other as soulmates as human evolution continues. Just as the single-celled entities came together -- some time in the distant past of our planet's evolution -- working together to reach new thresholds beyond themselves to create magnificently greater vistas by quantum leaps, resulting in us, so too will we do the same, and that moment of collective cognizance of such threshold has arrived today. We are on the precipice of a glorious new dawn in human evolution, the raucous roar of humanity's dinosaurs are belching forth their last wails as the despicable rampage of institutionalized beastiality is rent asunder.

Atheist are often people on a fast from the deceitful eclipsing of predatious people, institutions and ideologies that have bastardized themselves and humanity at large. When we get sick, especially from what we've consumed, fasting is indeed the natural response, even by animals. Is it not so? And similarly, we do the same with religiosity, for if there is anything involved with a transcendent, transpersonal and/or spiritual nature anywhere in the Universe relevant to our lives, then it most certainly will come naturally and that naturalness is "dharma".

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Very interesting thread !

I please had a question for who ever can answer/help me.

If during meditation I have "spontaneous kriyas(hands, thigh, heart,... and the thumb a lot)",

what does it really mean ?

Well I have been meditating for a while now... and these "kriyas" just started
about 2 weeks ago, and since, I've been randomly shaking in and out of meditation. With some research I found out they were called "kriyas",
but the info I find about it is confusing.

Also with the twitches, there is a feeling I can't really describe, something
strong and terrifying.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by samsamm9]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have a couple more:
1. Are there any spiritual benefits to lucid dreaming?

2. What is the most effective way to astral project?

3. What are the benefits of learning to see auras?

4. Would you recommend doing a Kundalini Awakening?

5. Little off-topic but do you think a scenario like the new movie Inception is possible?

Thanks.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I have a couple more:
1. Are there any spiritual benefits to lucid dreaming?

2. What is the most effective way to astral project?

3. What are the benefits of learning to see auras?

4. Would you recommend doing a Kundalini Awakening?

5. Little off-topic but do you think a scenario like the new movie Inception is possible?

Thanks.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by sphinx551]

1. Yes, when you are lucid dreaming, you are controlling your dream, meaning you are aware that you are not the dreams, but the dreamer beyond the dreams. The dreams are an illusion that you are controlling with your self. In a similar way, when you meditate, you realize you are the witness beyond the objects of your consciousness, and in a similar way as to the illusions of dreams, the object, specifically the material forms, characteristics, qualities, are illusions, and the only true quality is the Light of your mind, which is your true and immortal self.

2. I don't know if Astral projection is possible, if so it is beyond my understanding, but what I do know is that I can liberate myself from my body, free myself from my desires, and concentrate on the Self beyond. Practice meditation in order to accomplish this.

3. Auras are good, but after a while, you trust less in auras and more in the supreme light. Because the auras are lesser derivations of the higher light, they are more directed at desires. So that if you desire something, you can use that aura, trust in it and you can achieve that object of your desire.

4. Yes, the best asana I have found is the prayer position, where you are on your knees, with your hands and head down (like praying to an altar). Breath in and out deeply and smoothly, and do it over and over and over and over again. Try and do it for as long as possible, until you start to feel your mind buzz, as if there was wind flowing in a tunnel inside your head. You can physically feel it (as opposed to just mentally imagining it). Once you can create windpower in your head at all times, you can use this during physical activities.

5. I haven't seen the movie Inception, but I do like Leo, and if he did the movie, I'll trust that it's an entertaining movie, but as for the philosophy and reality behind it, I have no idea what it is about except that it heavily involves dreams. I would say that anything is possible in dreams, but shifting dreams to reality requires a fulcrum point, and can not be done solely by the mind, unless you are talking about the divine mind.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

If during meditation I have "spontaneous kriyas(hands, thigh, heart,... and the thumb a lot)",

about 2 weeks ago, and since, I've been randomly shaking in and out of meditation. With some research I found out they were called "kriyas",

strong and terrifying.

Thanks for the questions, sorry I could not respond to them in time.

So, you say you are feeling energy in your limbs, that is good. It is good to have a list of all the different body parts, and say each one to yourself, while trying to feel that part, so you can say "eyes" and think of eyes, "feet" and think of feet, tongue, ears, finger nails, skin, heart, lungs. Each time you say the word, you are really bringing yourself into attachment to that physical limb, so it is a good method of bringing the body and mind together in a unison.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hello, I am honored that you have come to my thread and offered your own wisdom to those who have questions, in fact I thank you because I have been away from this thread for a while. However, to prevent confusing people, I shall say that I do not necessarily endorse all the views that are expressed on my thread, if it is done by anyone except myself. So, as you have freely come onto my thread and offered wisdom to others, I shall do the same to you:

You said:

Whether one believes in a deity, theism, or not, atheism, the Universe will continue to unfold as it should, and you, and everyone else, will constantly be buoyed by the ecstasy of Universal love.

Yes, there is a universal love, and being buoyed by it leads one into complete unity with this love, so that subject and object duality no longer persists. Non-duality alone is present. To enter into this unitive state, you must meditate until you can reveal the inner light within your mind. That light is the goal of meditation, and it's realization will propel you into that unitive state, where there is neither subject nor object; it is complete freedom for the mind, 100 percent liberation. Absolutely. That is reality, and it can only be experienced by man for but a second, but through wisdom, one can gain insight into that light and strengthen their enlightenment until it becomes supremely unstoppable.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertPaulsim
Do you think all spirits descend and then ascend? If so, what is the sinchronicity
for downward and upward spiral of learning?

RP

Nature has two phases, downward causation, and upward contemplation. So in other words, the absolute origin creates all things until no more energy can be expelled, and then this force reverses through a process of contemplation, so that the absolute force is unlimited, omnipotent, the highest Good, and this energy first creates the universe, then creates physical consciousness to be aware of this universe. If the spirit is engaged in a high amount of physical activity with little to no intellectual grasping, it will fail to contemplate the highest good, but if it contemplates the absolute, it can gain knowledge of this absolute, and proceed to a higher understanding of being.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Most Infamous

There are many so called "Gurus" out there who claim that they can work miracles concerning Kundalini energy and that they can (usually for the low low price of blah blah..) raise 'your' Kundalini, thereby conferring 'enlightenment' apon you.

I'm not gonna say that it's impossible for a real Guru to perform what is know is Saktipata on a dedicated disciple as the final step toward enlightenment, I know that Saktipata is for real.

But as far as I'm concerned, to become enlightened is not so easy as paying some so called 'enlightened master' to 'raise your Kundalini' and give you instant 'enlightenment'. It takes effort and sincere dedication on the part of the spiritual aspirant.

What do you think Mr. filosophia?

I couldn't agree more. I don't trust any guru that tries to make money off of it, and you're right that no master can make someone become enlightened, they can only do it with their own mind. As for kundalini energy, I hesitate to claim that I have astral projections, because that only makes sense in a metaphorical or metaphysical senses where you feel something but it is more in your mind as opposed to physically traveling, however, there are plenty of stories of great hindu masters, such as in "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Yogananda, and while they are unbelievable, they really do wonders in unlocking your mind to the absolute potential of the divine, however, if it is possible, it may take many lifetimes or at least many years to accomplish. So I'll let you know when I figure any of those out. Namaste.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
here's a question i have often wondered about. How do you know when you are enlightened? Is there any sort of signs or symptoms of one who has become enlightened?

oh also i was just wondering if you could clear up for me about what exactly is the ego? There are so many definitions of it its confusing lol.

Enlightenment does not come about by chance or faith. It is an understanding of your true nature, revealing the hidden LIGHT within your mind to your true Self.

The ego is the personality that the True Self creates, it has characteristics that can be visible to the Self, it is associated with the body, the past experiences, our daily activities and ideologies. The ego is how we identify ourselves, Bob, Sue, construction worker, banker, the ego is the literal body, while the mind is what controls the body, the self that thinks and reacts to the body's movements and feelings. The True Self is the pure mind that is freed 100 percent from the body, as in what is left when your body dies, YOU return to the True Self. The goal of meditation and spirituality is to stop identifying your True Nature with petty characteristics (Bob, construction worker, 45, etc), but rather to start to view yourself as the Supreme Principle of Life, the light within your mind. Once you see this light, you know that it is imminent within you, and that it has to be a part of you.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

To not go into depth about some things written within this, by some who confuse absorbtion on an created fantasy, or strengthening of their ego as apposed to be "Being without Attachment" which is the only real way, or just subject/object basic yoga....

All is well, it is actually a very good sign.

Dont be afraid, in a way it shows that your meditation is very unnatached to any outcome or object and you are practising naturally a lot of mindfullness.

It will pass.

It is well written about by those TRUE yogis in all of the texts.

Some get it some dont, just keep parctising as you have done, it will pass, this is important though practise as before, ignore it, but done push it away thinking I shouldnt be feeling experiencing this etc, or the thoughts I wish my practise was as before.

Just like when you started you may have had strong feelings of body sensations such as dead legs or an aching back that over time you started to ignore or the lessoned, so to will the shakes or twitches.

Dont push or pull any thoughts attached to this new experience away or too you. When you notice you are absorbed on the experience relax, let it go, bring your mind back to being the observer but not attached to the observed.

I cant say to you how long it will take some people weeks or hours, some a couple of years, depending on lots of things but mainly how you react to them, or push or pull them away now you have experienced them.

Let it go, bring your mind back to the object of your focus or just be mindfull, it will pass I promise.

Many shake, sweat, uncontrollable noises etc, sometimes on first sessions sometimes after many years, it is natural. It may be a sign of several things though probably that your nervous system is now becoming more attuned and energised, so it is good, a bit like the aching or cramp when first doing a workout with weights if never done before or in the beginning stages.

Relax, just dont attach or beat yourself up about it in the session, dont think it is bad, just relax step away in your experience from it dont become it, it will pass. The traditional way to get over this is to take your breath as the object keep counting it from 1 -21 feel it, be it start again at 1 when your thoughts distract you or you use another sense gate until total absorbsion on 1-21 with no awareness of anything else. When you TRULEY get to 21 with no other thought awareness of any other sense door in an awake and concentrated manner it should have passed, if not make it 42 etc.

Enjoy and well done.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Wow!!!

Cool. That's so cool of you to actually answer my question(seeing as it's such a trivial matter barely concerned with enlightenment).

I really appreciate it. Thanks.

I have another question or a concern about enlightenment. Lately I've come to suspect that enlightenment is not quite exactly what most people (usually the one's willing to pay for it) are expecting. Enlightenment in and of itself is quite bland (and dare I say it, maybe even useless). Enlightenment is only the beginning, what everyone is aiming for is something that comes after becoming enlightened.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thank you !

I really appreciate the sharing of knowledge.

As of now, I still have some "kriyas" , but it's

funny, I don't seem to mind them anymore...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

strong and terrifying.

Interesting. First time I've heard the term 'kriya' used to refer to spontaneous movements experienced during meditation.

Kriya usually refers to yogic excercises/techniques like Nauli, or Neti, or Basti.

I googled it and was suprised to find that Wikipedia did make mention of it. I also checked a site documenting one persons experience with 'kriyas' and 'spontaneous mudras'. From what I read, I suspect that what happened was something of a Kundalini crisis brought about by the permature awakening of the Kundalini energy. It is not uncommon for some people to experience involuntary, spontaneous movements while meditating. It is a sign that the meditator is making progress, and it IS harmless (I don't mean "usually" harmless, it is always, or should always be harmless). What I read on the site was something that far exceeds twitching or spontaneous movement. From what I read I suspect that what happened was that the Kundalini was awakened prematurely in a body that was unprepared/unfit to accept the influx of cosmic energy pouring in as a result of the Kundalini rising which resulted in all sorts of problems.

I don't know what you're going though, but Kundalini is not something to be taken lightly. If you're serious about doing meditation/Yoga, you gotta lay the ground work first (Yama and Niyama, Asanas, etc) before you proceed. Unfortunately most people have no idea what Yama Niyama is and dive straight into the meditation. For most people thats all right cause without a strong foundation what most people think of as meditation is nothing more than siting still with the eyes closed. But some people get hasty (or lazy) about the ground work and get in over their heads (these are the people that talk about how becoming enlightened was the most scariest and alienating experience ever).

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Listen to Sadhu, those posts have been more than great. I liked this in particular:

You also realize that love is not one of several emotions, love is the homeostasis of all things, all beings, and the Universe at large.

Here's one rather strange (and long) quote from Krishnamurti (although I'm not a big fan of his):

There are so many glands here. For example, the pituitary--the third eye, it's called. When once the interference of thought is finished it is taken over by this gland. It is this gland that gives the instructions or orders to the body, not thought anymore, thought cannot interfere. I'm not interpreting or any such thing. Perhaps this gives you an idea. But you have built an armor, created an armor, with this thought and you don't allow yourself to be affected by things. Since there is nobody who uses this thought as a self-protective mechanism it burns itself up. Thought undergoes combustion--ionization, if I may use your scientific term. Thought is, after all, vibration.

When this kind of ionization of thought takes place it sometimes covers the whole body with an ash-like substance. Your body is covered with that when there is no need for thought at all. When you don't use it what happens to that thought? It burns itself out. That is the energy. It's a combustion. The body gets heated, you know. There is tremendous heat in the body as a result of this, and so the skin is covered--your face, your feet, everything--with this ash-like substance. That's one of the reasons why I express it in pure and simple physical and physiological terms. It has no psychological content at all. It has no mystical content. It has no religious overtones at all, as I see it. I am bound to say that and I don't care whether you accept it or not. It is of no importance to me. This kind of a thing must have happened to so many people. It is not something that one is specially prepared for. There are no purificatory methods necessary.

There is no spiritual practice necessary for this kind of a thing to happen, no preparation of any kind. The consciousness is so pure that whatever you are doing in the direction of purifying that consciousness is adding impurity to it. Consciousness has to flush itself out, it has to purge itself of every trace of holiness, every trace of unholiness, everything. Even what you consider sacred and holy is a contamination in that consciousness.

[edit on 24/7/2010 by Tryptych]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join