It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott BP and all companies owned by them !!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Dont feel bad man that happens an aweful lot here on ATS. If you had a different member name im sure your thread would have soared to the top.

The boycott is essential in letting these big corporations know that we absolutely do not appreciate what the do for (to) us.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Well maybe just not purchase the gas..........avoid bp pumps

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

A fun way to carry out a boycott campaign is Subvertising.

We started doing this over in my BP's Brainwash Marketing for Kids thread, by hijacking marketing materials designed to turn children into life long BP customers:

It all gets started in the thread right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's an entire childrens activity set worth spoofing if anyone is looking for some laughs.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80
I whole heartedly agree and have been boycotting since the beginning of this. What I wonder is this though. I started this same thread weeks ago and received not a single response.

Don't feel bad, we sometimes have bad timing on posting and it quickly gets swept under the rug. When it gets really busy here, a thread can disappear fast. I used to take it personally, but timing and traffic is everything. Plus the BP rage is getting more momentous.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Aren't most stations privately owned and operated? If so wouldn't we only be hurting our neighbors. Also, I don't even think a relativity large boycott would hurt them. Lets be honest most people don't even care. They will keep stopping at BP, either to save a penny on a gallon, convenience, or laziness to drive to the next station.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
why don't u just boycott everything that has to do with oil and wasting energy....which means GET OFF THE COMPUTER....i doubt u will so this....how about get ride of ur car....or the bus...or that coffee maker u use.....

You say to boycott which in reality ur not going to boycott anything....seems hypocritical to me

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Boycott the US Federal government and all the corrupt, thieving scumbags who live off the stolen life and blood of others.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
why don't u just boycott everything that has to do with oil and wasting energy....which means GET OFF THE COMPUTER....i doubt u will so this....how about get ride of ur car....or the bus...or that coffee maker u use.....

You say to boycott which in reality ur not going to boycott anything....seems hypocritical to me

I think you might appreciate this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We ALL use oil for a lot more reasons than just fuel. There's no escaping it.

But we can still crucify multinationals that are wreckful, and do thing like overthrow democratically elected governments.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You think BP gives a damn about you? You think ANY big oil company cares about your life, your health, your livelihood? Think again. Big oil is soulless. It has to be, that's the nature of these entities. But we don't have to put up with it. Boycott BP, boycott big oil, demand that we pursue true clean energy (NOT "clean coal", which is a joke),

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Don't because you are hurting the owners, not the company

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why not just avoid BP, ARCO, AM/PM, Aral stations, Amoco and Gulf pumps. Get you beer and cigs and 20 oz cokes and slim jims but don't buy the gas. Don't buy castor oil or go to wild bean cafes.
People are going to lose jobs no matter what because of this www.businessweek.com... .

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wheelerism

The owners can switch who supplies them with gasoline and the new suppler pays for the makeover.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow, you would think that if you go to an EXon station, BP, Gulf, etc you would get their gas - It doesn't work that way - a deception to not let the public know this. However, I have been boycotting all stations for 2 weeks now, riding my bicycle. This whole thing really ticks me off!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
BP also bought Tampa based Vercipia during the spill
www.bp.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i already do boycott bp--since we had a war with britain, we chased their money sucking butt back across the sea. WE BUILT THE BP GAS STATION HERE IN N-WISCONSIN AND I STILL WILL NOT SPEND MY CASH THERE. I go to citgo, since they are the only gas company in america that gives fuel assistance to the needy. I dont see any other gas stations doing this. We even had a boycott citgo movement here in wisconsin and i just laughed at the dumb people. I was peeing in my pants laughing when old hugo confiscated americas equipment in venezuela [WAY TO GO HUGO] wish america would do this to bp for the gulf oil disaster.
BY THE WAY t boon pickens is a traitor and should be hunted down like a dog and s**t

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
why not boycotte haliburton too since they shared the blame..
or why dont you go after the big boys that gave them the licence to drill... the government...
or why dont you blame the people who keep complaining about the price of pertrol and want lower costs...

blame game fail....

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The problem is that BP does not OWN many stations.

Private parties OWN the stations BP runs on a franchise system.

If the station does not make any money it does not hurt BP but the station owner.

Any if they have extra fuel they will sell it to Exxon-Mobil, Chevron, Shell,
or any of a large number of independent stations to help them cover there increase in sales.

By the way, while BP does have corporate-owned stations in the US, none carry the BP logo. They have a different brand. So have fun boycotting the wrong place. only Amoco gas stations are BP owned

if you want to boycott BP try ARCO ALUMINIUM its owned by BP and most canned soda is in ARCO cans buy soda in glass or plastic

please read this - he's right - you're not hurting BP at all, just your neighborhood business man. and he's hurting enough as it is right now

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
why not boycotte haliburton too since they shared the blame..
or why dont you go after the big boys that gave them the licence to drill... the government...
or why dont you blame the people who keep complaining about the price of pertrol and want lower costs...

blame game fail....

kx

exactly. boycott the oil guzzling society we've become. buy local. take public transport.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join