It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With The Misconstrued Perception Of Impartiality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I know I know, "Another Thread" about it all.
But this must be said in it's own thread nonetheless.

I have spoken with many people on both sides of the fence and one thing I see is that those that are impartial often tend to be consistently impartial.
Whether it is Israel commiting the crimes against humanity or North Korea they will abhor any forms of crimes against humanity regardless of which country is doing it.

It's not the fault of these impartial people that Israel consistently commit crimes against humanity, it's not the fault of impartial commentators that Israel still has an open-air prison despite condemnation from the international commnunity.

These same impartial people would also be very much against Iran if Iran refused to be a nuclear signatory, but it is a signatory while the one portraying Iran as the most dangerous nuclear country is NOT a signatory itself.

If India was doing what Israel is doing then I would be against India.
If Canada had an apartheid against... let's say Newfoundland, then I would be against Canada as i'm sure most people would be.

ATS is a place where people talk about current events and conspiracy theories.
Right now Israel is all over the current events section of the news, so of course Israel will be in the spotlight right now.

People are hungry, starving and living a life of almost daily torture and if we condemn that then we are either anti-israel or anti-semites?

Sooner or later people will have to define what they mean.
If being against apartheids and crimes against humanity is anti-semitic then what does that mean.
If this is true then what is the opposite of anti-semitism, it's pro-semitism.
And what is pro-semitism, is it being pro-apartheids and FOR crimes against humanity?

Anytime someone calls another anti-semitic or anti-israel ask them to define pro-semitism and pro-israel.

I think it's time to ask ourselves some very important questions and really define where we stand opinion-wise regardless of who the country is.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi.

I think this is a very interesting and even important question.
S & F

It doesn't make sense to approve one thing and be against the other that is basicly the same thing...

I think people just don't realize it because they only judge a situation on itself, they completely miss the bigger picture. It would be nice when people look a little further and think something through before they make up their opinions.

My guess is that it's never going to happen.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There is an obvious difference between genuine Impartiality and wilful Bias. Why try and blur the lines? It seems you are not allowed to be impartial when it comes to discussing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Those that try their best to be balanced when discussing the conflict are labelled and discouraged from taking further part in the discussion. Most people - even those who are vehemently Pro-Israel - will admit that Israel has made some bad mistakes. But why is this country in particular so heavily scrutinised and condemned when they do make mistakes?

Why does the ATS forum become flooded with threads emphasising and revisiting these incidents? Why is the same not done to any other country (except the USA)?

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Those that try their best to be balanced when discussing the conflict are labelled and discouraged from taking further part in the discussion.

Which group are you referrign to?
Because "why do you always hate on israel" or "you are anti-semitic" are hardly things to say to allow a balanced discussion friend.

Most people - even those who are vehemently Pro-Israel - will admit that Israel has made some bad mistakes. But why is this country in particular so heavily scrutinised and condemned when they do make mistakes?

Firstly some of the things they have done recently cannot be referred to as softly as "mistakes". Crimes against humanity cannot be considered just Mistakes!

Isreal is heavily scrutinized, even by jews, because it's crimes are just to heavy to bear even for Atlas the greek god.

Why does the ATS forum become flooded with threads emphasising and revisiting these incidents? Why is the same not done to any other country (except the USA)?

Like which countries?
See... here is the difference

Name me 2
See, you cannot, and THAT is the difference!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Umm... North Korea, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Pakistan. Many others - but most of which do not make the news because the risk of reporting on what really happens has "unattractive repercussions" for those that try to do so.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I was going to go into a lengthy post that highlited the hypocrisy of your post, however I noticed that it is not required.

What's With The Misconstrued Perception Of Impartiality?

It's not the fault of these impartial people that Israel consistently commit crimes against humanity, it's not the fault of impartial commentators that Israel still has an open-air prison despite condemnation from the international commnunity.

You 'owned' yourself.....

Good game.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Skellon]

new topics

top topics

join