It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A skeptic... calling out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A conspiracy site is what this is, and conspiracies is what we deal with.

Mind Control: fact or fiction? I have no reason to believe either/or however, the '60s and '70s were a strange time...not the least for the alphabet organizations like the CIA. And mind control isn't, as far as I know, the only thing they were experimenting with...

Psi/Psychic Abilities/OOBE: Real Espionage Tactics? Now this is what really would be fascinating if true (and I haven't looked into any of the CIA research done on this, although I did enjoy the movie "The Men Who Stare At Goats") and would be an excellent way to spy on people and explore places that are otherwise hard to get to.

I just want your honest opinions on this. I just started reading "An Idiots Guide to Being Psychic"... just for fun mind you; I don't really care to hone any psychic abilities, as I fear I would drive myself insane anyway, with my paranoia. (Was that really me? I'm imagining things. There's no way that happened!) But who knows, I just might want to.

I meditate somewhat frequently, although not for any other purpose other than to take a breather, a break.

Peace,
LususNaturae

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
the book was very interesting and worth reading. there was a day when I would hand out tin foil hats to the crazies. but it seems to real now, was it a way to blitz the brains of americans from seeing through the assassinations, wars, covert ops before vietnam (wow!),etc.. the drugs, hippies, social structure, govt growth, welfare state..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

Mind Control: fact or fiction?

Well, I consider it to be a fiction. Though, there are some interesting theories on how this could be. The award winning science-fiction/horror writer Dan Simmons wrote a book called Carrion Comfort way back when. The whole book deals with a form of "psychic mind vampires" who use mental manipulation to get people to do things they want them to do. The book makes for an interesting, but sometimes cumbersome, read.

On the twentieth anniversary Simmon's wrote an introduction for the book. It's some thirty pages long. In there, for a brief moment he slips into an extremely complicated scientific explanation for how his psychic vampires, who utilize mind-control, could be possible via neurology, evolution and some other things. Maybe the answer to your question is somewhere in the science Simmon's utilized.

Psi/Psychic Abilities/OOBE: Real Espionage Tactics

I don't know for sure if they could necessarily be considered espionage tactics (like in the 70s military experiments). I've met, and am friends with a few people who can do some small psychic things. After more then a decade of trying, none of them really "control" their ability. So I doubt it could be honed and mastered as so many New-Age writers speculate.

More then likely, psychic abilities are either some new evolutionary breakthrough, or some once-abandoned genetic deficiency that is now resurfacing in the gene pool. Either an evolutionary throwback, or an evolutionary advancement. I doubt it is some mystical "gift" from some spiritual world.

I meditate somewhat frequently, although not for any other purpose other than to take a breather, a break

This is the original purpose of meditation. In Hinduism, and Buddhism the practice of meditation was utilized to slow the body, and then the mind. It was believed that in this relaxation — with the clutter of daily life removed — new insights to situations and the self could become realized.

I wouldn't really consider meditation a "spiritual" thing. I consider it to be more of an alternative exercise. Much like Yoga. Both are given spiritual significance because of the clarity, flexibility, and insight one can achieve while practicing. However, at their core, they're just ways to maintain your emotional, mental, and physical well-being.

And that's my 2¢ on the subject.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh my god I love you Wandering Scribe.
I don't really subscribe to those things, but like many people I like to keep an open mind you know? You or I cannot say for certain whether these things are certain, but what is undeniable is that with todays modern technology (mainly thanks to Electroencelography and Magentoencelography) these psychic abilities are being looked into seriously.

However through the years I've learned that any study can be 'seriously' researched and then modify the data to such an extent that there exists a heavy bias in todays research.

new topics

top topics

join