It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Fired For Being Too Good Looking?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

thought you might like an update. Apparently this lady is on tape talking about all her plastic surgery and how she wants to be in Playboy. I think her lawsuit is just a stunt to get attention so she will finally get in playboy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Thanks for the update!

Several people guessed that she might be after a Playboy shoot and maybe they were right! Let's see, hot stars they offer $1,000,000, so they'll offer her, what, maybe $200?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sounds more like she has a screw loose or a way over inflated opinion of herself.She's ok but no that hot.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I recently saw her on tv with her lawyer discussing the issues surrounding this lawsuit. An interesting "poll" was taken of the audience (yes, it was daytime tv - I was home sick!) the idea was to choose which of the 3 women (one of which was this woman) was dressed too sexy for work... The audience chose this woman *even though* all 3 were wearing the exact same dress (just different color/pattern)... So, there is some merit behind the claim that it's her body that is deemed too sexy and perhaps, not her choice of clothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Come off it, she's not that hot !

I've worked with girls way sexier than her, and my work has not been negatively affected by it. It all comes down to a professional attitude, and, when you're on the clock, putting your work before any other needless distraction - whether that distraction is an attractive workmate or anything else which may interfere with your work-rate.

I reckon that either the men in her office are unprofessional, uncouth and had never been near an attractive woman in their lives before, or a couple of her bosses have hit on her, only for her to rebuff their advances...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
She looks good enough where she could use it to get a better job than at Citibank. The press she's stirred up already is proof enough. It wouldn't be hard for her to land a spot in a communications job (smile and enunciate when reading that teleprompter) or establishing a portfolio as a model. Heck, raising this issue may have those goals in mind.

But whether or not her looks got her fired may be arguable. Some women are used to their looks getting them a free ride when it comes to a job, so they tend to slack off. (I've seen them in positions where their effectiveness shows that their only qualification was to look pretty.) This could be a case of something happening which upsets that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
she should run for POTUS?

ya?

she is hot. but just a teller.

bunga bunga party!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well that is an interesting case, one that citibank wont win.

She is a stunner and she would most definitely get the men looking over at her all day but that isnt grounds for firing her.

You cant be too good looking to do a job, you can however be too ugly for certain jobs. If this is the case i should have been fired a while back (only joking
).

Its sad that an employer like citibank would allow such a thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

no, i think you are not joking, lol!

water cooler talk and all.

i never got fired for being fugly or too good looking. probably never would, could or in my dreams.

but she is hot. what can you do wit dat stuff?

burka?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I have been considered "beautiful" for years and can count on one hand any instances of male- disrespect.It's MUCH better and more "beautiful" to smile when you walk down the street and treat random strangers with kindness...even tell a less that attractive woman she looks fabulous from time to time? THAT'S what truly amazing women are about

wow..how wonderful that you are such a truly amazing woman, that you would even stoop to lying to us less than attractive girls , and tell us we look faaabulous . C'mon girl..geez..not all woman are so vainly shallow that , that we are needing an ego fluff from some woman ,who thinks she is all that.

I'm guessing this is a joke post, cause its too damn silly to be real. Your putting her down for trying to attract attention??

Good grief

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
She's not facially pretty, to me.

Her hair is okay.

Fake boobs, bleh 999/1000 they look and feel lousy.
Without those spikes her butt will be considerably lower...

She doesn't do anything for me but I'm sure lots of guys
think she's "really hot".

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I thought she was very attractive. I think its unfair to dump on her, unless we actually experienced what she went through.

If they actually did tell her that was the reason for her being let go...it was wrong,especially if she was wearing the same type of suits as the other women.

My guess is there is more to the story....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
this is taliban stuff.

wth? i seen her live, she shoudn't be there anyway.

it's the boss who has the problem, not the employees unless the wife works there.

anybody know?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm not disputing the possibility this lady might be fame hungry but that doesn't mean she wasn't discriminated against in her job.

I've actually seen this in the workplace where a woman with an attractive figure was singled out for wearing 'revealing' clothing and endured constant comments from one male worker in particular when more average and overweight women where not, even though the same kinds of clothing was being worn. It definitely does happen that some male workers are distracted and get worked up about the appearance but I really think that is their problem and they have issues with self control.

It seems that this case is a sexual discrimination case with a sensational sounding headline. It's not just that she 'thinks she's too hot'. If you read the full article you'll see that she was constantly told to change her clothing, told she shouldn't wear high heels (when other workers could), then the next minute that she had to wear them. She was given a list of what she shouldn't wear when no other workers were.

She also has a paper trail of emails and letters over these issues and the company does not. There's a possibility that she is just an attention seeker but her claims should be taken seriously and investigated before labeling her as such.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Whether the woman in question is a bit of an arse or not, you can't claim these things don't happen in the workplace, they do - Hell even happened to me. You can get gaggles of right nasty harpies wherever you work. I got bullied by a bunch years ago. Had everything from calling me a trollop (I was actually still a virgin at the time) to allsorts of vileness. Ringleader was a 45 year old woman who'd trapped her husband by getting knocked up at the office party in a dark cupboard. /facepalm

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

She also has a paper trail of emails and letters over these issues and the company does not. There's a possibility that she is just an attention seeker but her claims should be taken seriously and investigated before labeling her as such.

Thank you so much for being a voice of reason ....this thread really needed it. Sounds like she was put through an emotional ringer , that other office workers did not have to endure. Now, when she tries to fight for what is right,she is labelled an attention seeker..how sad. And even sadder , the ones calling her that, are the ones that claim they want justice and freedom for the american people.

Go figure

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
she is labelled an attention seeker..how sad. And even sadder , the ones calling her that, are the ones that claim they want justice and freedom for the american people.
What?

Do you think she's NOT an attention seeker? There's absolutely no doubt that label fits. Who but an attention seeker would publicize their second breast augmentation and say in front of the whole world that she wants to be “tits on a stick.” (Can I even repeat that quote on ATS?)

“I Love Plastic Surgery”: New Video Of Debrahlee Lorenzana, Citibank’s Sexual Harassment Accuser

Remember Debrahlee Lorenzana, who recently filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Citibank? A promotional video for Long Island Plastic Surgical Group featuring Lorenzana has now surfaced, in which she gets her second boob job and says she wants to be — and I quote — “tits on a stick.”

We are not going to clip it on The Frisky (the 11-minute-long video is NSFW and in the second half depicts graphic scenes of plastic surgery), but if you feel so compelled, you can watch it here.

I watched the whole thing — after lunch, of course — and it’s sad. Straight-up sad.
So regardless of what anyone else thinks, that proves to me beyond any shadow of a doubt she's some kind of attention seeker, not to mention she also has "issues" with body image, etc.

Now as the story also mentions, just because a woman is a slut doesn't mean she can't be raped. And just because Ms. Lorenzana IS an attention seeker, doesn't mean that she couldn't have been sexually harassed. So she deserves to have her case heard in court.

I couldn't find any very recent updates in a quick search but I found she made trouble for her new employer after Citibank canned her:

Another Bank Has Problem With Too-Hot Banker Debrahlee Lorenzana in hot water with JPMorgan Chase, too

(Newser) – Too-sexy-for-Citibank Debrahlee Lorenzana is now in hot water with a second bank…but not for looking too hot at work. Lorenzana claims current employer JPMorgan Chase isn’t happy she spoke out against her last employer—who she says fired her for being too attractive. “They're circling the wagons for Citibank,” says one of her lawyers. “Now they're saying she's making the industry look bad.”

Lorenzana, who never identified herself as a Chase employee in interviews, says she is now at risk of being fired. But “I will not stop talking,” she tells the New York Daily News, adding that her supervisor told her she violated the company’s code of conduct—and that her case was in the hands of the CEO. She is scheduled to appear on Today and Good Morning America this morning.
They told her to shutup and she apparently wouldn't. I knew I could get fired for appearing on media without my employer's permission, and apparently her current employer has a similar policy. I followed the rules, why can't she?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join