It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Fired For Being Too Good Looking?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by and14263

Certainly they have been. If her lawyers goal is to prove she was "too sexy" staged glamor shots are a given.

Now that I've looked through the rest of the photos her manish jawline and square frame lead me to believe she may be trans-gender.

Nope. Look at her hands. Slim and feminine.

The jigglies are real as it gets.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I think I can help you understand this. I think I speak for most heterosexual men when I say sex appeal > good looks. While both can be subjective, I believe what attracts us and what "gets our motors running" is highly subjective indeed.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Wow. Right Said Fred....dating both of us there I think.

Do we even know what her "job" at the bank was? It doesn't seem to plainly state.
If anything, I think her photo shoot does nothing but hurt her case against the bank.
Especially after what it said in the OP

"So here I am," Lorenzana recalls, "thinking I got hired because of my capabilities, and now you're telling me it's because of my physical appearance? Oh, great."

Now she is so upset that she thinks she looks too good she goes and makes a photo shoot with poses, and expressions you would NEVER find at a bank. At least not during working hours.
And if they were, then I can see why she was fired. It wasn't for looking too good...which I don't think she does, but for looking unprofessional.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by illusions

I was being a cynical you-know-what. Lol. Really though its hard enough in this world without being judged by your looks whether they're too good or real bad. But unfortunately the future looks grim, ie. it ain't changing anytime soon. That's what I met in what's the point in trying... you can change yourself but you can't change the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Wow. She's certainly full of herself.

She looks like any other 40 year old woman. Like a cast member of that "menopause can be sexy" show, Desperate Housewives.

I KNEW that comment was inevitable.. no, she does not look like an average 40 year old women.. where do you live? :O

Full of herself certainly, but good looking nonetheless.

She's nothing overly spectacular but she's sexy, voluptuous, really good looking in some pictures.

At the same time I routinely see men commenting on mediocre or downright ugly girls.. sort of putting them on a pedestal, I don't even know what all that is about.. I'm dumbfounded.
You'll get guys drooling over average or even ugly girls.
Then again you get those kind of guys with absolutely no taste or standards in real life too..

Ugh..

Hey well thank God for one of them, or else I'd be alone OMG!!! What you don't think Ugly people deserve love, too?
WTH!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
So what's the answer to keeping the men from getting distracted and keeping office productivity up?

Burkas? The Muslims were way ahead of their time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I would borrow money from her any day

Seriously though, This really shows that the other people at this bank behaved quite unprofessionally, in my opinion... but you can always expect some degree of this kind of occurance happening when there is gorgeous looking woman walking around.... I have seen it happen many many times.... it brings the adolescence out in many a grown up person unfortunately...

I hope this woman wins her case and gets a lot of money... clearest case of harrasment I have ever seen

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
So what's the answer to keeping the men from getting distracted and keeping office productivity up?

Burkas? The Muslims were way ahead of their time.

You know I never considered that was the reason they were all wearing Burquas, but you made me think....and laugh too!

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

I routinely see men commenting on mediocre or downright ugly girls.. sort of putting them on a pedestal, I don't even know what all that is about.. I'm dumbfounded.
You'll get guys drooling over average or even ugly girls.
Then again you get those kind of guys with absolutely no taste or standards in real life too..

Ugh..
Hey well thank God for one of them, or else I'd be alone OMG!!! What you don't think Ugly people deserve love, too?
WTH!

Some guys have a choice between hot and not so hot women. I think the reason some of them prefer the not so hot women is several fold. Sometimes hot women can be higher maintenance, I mean just look at Debralee, is she high maintenance or what? (and she's not THAT hot).

I know a guy who married a beautiful woman and men didn't stop hitting on her after she got married if you can believe that, so her husband was kind of enraged and jealous by that so he tried to make her eat more so she'd get fat and unattractive so he wouldn't feel like he was constantly competing with all these other men.

So there can be a lot of baggage that comes with marrying a supermodel type..some people can deal with it and some people can't and would rather just deal with a simple loving relationship and not all the baggage.

So in some cases it's not a lack of taste but a choice. Or maybe they just marry the person they really fall in love with, no matter what they look like. What's wrong with that?

Love isn't a beauty contest and beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, just look at the comments on Debralee, some people think she's hot, some don't.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I need to see the other women in the office before I can say whether she was too hot. She does not look so hot to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A Woman Fired For Being Too Good Looking?

Hmm, with the picture on the first page, I must question when I look at her hands.. Those are some big hands and knuckles.

Are we 100% sure this woman was fired for being too attractive?
Or is this a man, who looks like a really hot woman.

I can see if this was a man, the hotness might frighten some because if men are getting attracted to a really hot man with a sex change people might start to drop accounts once they found out.

Makes sense to me .

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
She looks like any other Woman I see in banks and other places where they come into contact with the public, TBH I think she is kinda full of herself.

My brother is a firm believer that Beauty is only as deep as the skin, inside could be a hideous Human being who would rip out your heart after taking you to the cleaners, and I have seen it often enough to go with what he thinks.

His ex was Gorgeous in every sense of the word, inside and out, she had a heart of gold, the only problem he found was she turned heads everywhere she went, and attracted guys all the time who didn't care if she was with anyone or not, he said it wasn't that he couldn't trust her, he found it hard to keep himself calm when the leeches came out of the woodwork, and it put a lot of strain on them both when he went on off with his Regiment, so they ended it as great friends.

Two years later, she is still single and hoping to get back together, she really is a great Lady, I hope they do end up together forever, they are made for each other.

Sorry back on topic, she does seem to have a very high and mighty attitude, maybe that was the real reason she lost her job? self promotion and a high horse attitude can cause a lot of problems in the work place.

I cant say whether or not she is hot or not, its down to the individual I suppose, I'm very happy with my own Gorgeous Wife who is 15 years younger than me, I consider myself to be very lucky, especially after the previous 2 turned out to be a little psycho, even my Wife just said, the pictures are going to be her downfall on this, it screams pay attention to me!

Which brings with it no sympathy.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
methinks she was fired not for "being" to hot; but for "posing" to hot.

Do you really need 5" f-me pumps, tight fitting clothes, and a push up bra to count cash?

You're on the clock to do a job; not to be a flirting poser.

I see an attention whore drama queen,

Oracle

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is ridiculous! It really pisses me off when people are that arrogant...
But she has now successfully received her 5 minutes of fame, only to be forgotten when this has blown over. Kudos to her.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

It's certainly worth a try!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
She is definitely an attractive woman even if a lot on here pretend they’re not digging her. Maybe not too attractive for a swimsuit contest but for a work place like a bank, probably. She’s the type of curvy beauty that would look sexy no matter what she wears anyway. I bet some of those who were drooling over her will wipe their mouth dry after this case too. Of course cockiness is never pretty but people can be such hypocrites when they pretend one thing and secretly think another.

I’m hoping she’s all natural and nonchalant about it all in real life. She may in fact have been hired for her looks but then something not so pretty happened and she was fired probably with the stereotype that she ain’t got the brain to win a law suit. If she played that “hot” card too much then it would just be self-embarrassment to come out with a law suit claiming what she did. If a playboy deal is all that comes after all, then it'd still be all good because even those men bitching in here will check that out as well.

It may be a case that seems frivolous at first look but it could well serve for deeper discussion because discrimination against physically beautiful people is just as REAL and hurtful as against unattractive people. The former is harder to believe because beautiful people are made to be the ones who get everything handed to them but the ugliness of reality doesn’t spare anyone. No more does beauty spares anyone from the venom of other’s envy. It is a popular stereotype to think that attractive people can’t be intelligent, competent or can’t have anything else to offer then the package with no content. In fact this nasty vice is cultivated in our competitive society. It’s as if society can’t admit that physical beauty is a powerful thing and it need to be dealt with with honesty and a lot of inner beauty.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by someNewInformation
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Look at the Citibank party in Poland few years ago, so maybe they have new policy after that?

Pictures from official Citibank party:

img300.imageshack.us...

That 4th link is broken with a 404 error but all the other links work.

Did they ever hear the expression "get a room"? That's why I never drink too much at office parties, this is what happens when we drink too much.

Those pictures reminded me of an earlier post where someone speculated maybe Debralee got fired for rubbing someone the wrong way, or was it for not rubbing them?

Seriously though I think she was probably fired for just a bad attitude, it comes through in the article and I never even met her.

I'm not saying people never get fired over their looks, I suppose they do, but I just don't think it's the main reason she was fired after seeing how she comes across in that article.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There are lots of hot women that have learned how to gracefully handle themselves when working around a lot of neanderthals, and all they do is practice being smarter than those that might harrass them, going with the flow. using reverse physchology etc...
This case also makes me think she didn't utilize those skills very well at all... but that isn't saying she's the guilty one by any means..

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think intelligence is beautiful. I'm more concerned with a lady's intelligence than how she looks on the outside.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
She seems pretty hot to me. Maybe she has a case. Is it just me or are most of her critics here other women? I'm amazed at how catty some females get.

From a pure mercenary point of view, the lawsuit was a great move on her part. The publicity is tremendous and no doubt someone will 'hire' her or at least ask her out lol.

Given how crappy the economy is right now, and how all that's left are crappy service jobs, you have to do anything you can to survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join