It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Fired For Being Too Good Looking?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That photo in the news article isn't the clearest, here's a link to 25 clearer photos of Debrahlee Lorenzana:

www.villagevoice.com...

Here's one of them:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b263461f4fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

She is hot, real hot. She was hired for her looks, and the women that worked their didn't like her for her looks. It's a crazy world we live in isn't it. America is changing not being more liberal or conservative, but being more spiteful and intolerant and just plain brutish to one another living in this country. Our political and religious leaders have made this country into a place of 300 million individual countries that only come together to tear down another person or persons. We really don't look at the other person as a brother or a sister, we look at the other person as competition for resources (potential mate, job, food, etc. etc.). With 300 million people acting in their best interest and undercutting the rest, whos watching the store/house of a country. Nobody, I got mine so F*** everybody else is their motto. The future isn't so bright for us Americans, and I believe that many of us know this and thats why everyone is so irritable and attack prone.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Whether you believe her or not, these things happen.
When I was a widow with two children to support, I went to work in a metal fabrication shop. I needed money; it paid more than being a waitress or receptionist. I performed my job so well that within a year the plant manager approached my supervisor and told him to train me to become supervisor of my department. I was working about 50 ft away with loud machinery and they assumed I could not hear their conversation. My supervisor spent the next ten minutes telling him that it would be a waste of company time to train and promote me because I was "too pretty" and that it was "only a matter of time before somebody marries her and she'll quit". Ten minutes of she's too pretty to keep working here, she's gonna quit soon. No promotion for me. I applied at another shop and was told bluntly that a woman with my looks "would cause problems" and they would not hire me, even though I was more qualified than most of their workers. So I was stuck in a low-wage job, trying to figure out how to feed my kids because I was "too pretty". And BTW, my employer could have relaxed. Most men were afraid to approach me. I couldn't get a date, much less a marriage.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That woman must really really be full of herself, she has to be to even come up with the 'I was fired because I was too pretty'

There is jealousy in the workplace, especially between women but I doubt this was why she was fired, she was probably fired for spending too much time looking at her reflection in the window. If 'being too pretty' was an issue then I doubt her boss would have employed her in the first place, almost everyone tries to look their best at an interview so she wasnt any less pretty when she got the job.

Probably just an excuse to get some publicity, maybe trying to become successful at modelling?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
That woman must really really be full of herself, she has to be to even come up with the 'I was fired because I was too pretty'

There is jealousy in the workplace, especially between women but I doubt this was why she was fired, she was probably fired for spending too much time looking at her reflection in the window.

Or maybe she was just incompetent.

Probably just an excuse to get some publicity, maybe trying to become successful at modelling?

THAT was the first thing that came into my mind. I thought I was just being cynical.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Agreed.

Despite what some of the guys here think, once a bunch of people of either sex are working hard together, they care more about who's pulling their weight and actually working than what people look like.

Everyone knows that when you're around someone long-term you become less aware of their looks and more aware of their attitude.

And does anyone expect her to admit she was fired because was too busy painting her face and running off to photoshoots to do any work? Or just couldn't add up?

I'd suggest this story, having no confirmation to back it up, wouldn't have been printed unless she had an agent who paid to have it run.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, I can't believe that the ATS minds I admire so much and follow on a daily basis are actually giving this crap even a moments attention...

How is this tabloid-style stunt considered ATS discussion worthy?

On that note I did think it would be interesting to have a quick squizz at what MSM has recently come up with in terms of rating attractiveness and it's impact in the workplace...
check this little 'article' out -

money.ninemsn.com.au...

Is this relevant to this case?

Sorry, I reread and that may have been a little offensive to the OP... no offense intended.
Wag.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by wagtail]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It sucks actually, I cannot count the number of times I have been fired for the exact same reason.

Life just isn't fair.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
It sucks actually, I cannot count the number of times I have been fired for the exact same reason.

Life just isn't fair.

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

You know I'm joking Storm.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
If 'being too pretty' was an issue then I doubt her boss would have employed her in the first place, almost everyone tries to look their best at an interview so she wasnt any less pretty when she got the job.

I was having difficulty understanding that part of her story myself. She said she got hired for her good looks and fired for her good looks.

Seems like they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just not hiring her in the first place if that was the only issue. So I tend to doubt it was, especially after glimpsing her personality from that article.

Oh yeah and to the people that commented on her feet, I actually didn't notice that the first time I looked at the photos. But after doing a double take I see what you mean, though I'm not an advocate of resuming the barbaric practice of Foot Binding, so short of that, what else could she do? She has the feet that God gave her so what can she do but wear them proudly?

I have more problems with her personality, and that's something that she CAN change if she wants to, unlike her feet.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Life just isn't fair.

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

You know I'm joking Storm.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
nobody gets fired because they are too pretty...does not make business sense.

I f you could have a pretty woman..dealing with the public, and is good at their job... and fire them..its plain stupid.

50% if the paying customers are men.

I'm a drunken..fat old bald plumber...I go to the suppliers that have the pretty, pleasant an competent girls working the order-desk the most.

It's human nature and good business.

This woman must have been an awful employee..because of human nature, her looks would give her an advantage in being able to look better in the "eyes" of her employers.

it's sad but true..pretty people will likely do better....this chick must have really ticked somebody off.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by wrathchild]

edit....oh ya...people saying that she isn't THAT HOT....cmon...!!!!!!!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Average body , below average face and obviously full of herself, I find it hard to believe she is fired for being too pretty, got to be some other reason definitely.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is funny, anything to be on the news right?
Com'n people, why make her "look" better by talking about her in here?
I've seen far more beautiful women in this world than her, she is about 6 out of 10 in my books (besides she looks in her late 40's....nothing wrong with women in their 40's but she is no Barbie)

Don't waste your thoughts and mind on something silly as this self-propaganda!

TheEnlightenedOne

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TheEnlightenedOne]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well,I remember the first time I had to deal with a very attractive female.

I had "somehow" acquired" genital warts while in the military.

Went to the doctors and they scheduled me an appointment with the dermatologist.

On the day of the appointment I showed up,checked in and took a seat in the waiting room.

I noticed this smoking hot blond walking around the back area of the clinic.

Every man did.

They called my name and I went into a treatment room and waited for the doctor.

Shortly the door opened and the smoking hot blond came in.

She was the dermatologist.

I quickly forgot that she was smoking hot and prayed she was good at freezing warts off a persons genitals with liquid nitrogen.

She was good at what she did.

I don't think this chick is competent.

She found out that looks can only get you so far in life.

Sooner or later you have to do the job they pay you to do.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well if I weren't married I'd hit it for sure. She is a solid 7 Iron on the back 9 scale.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'd hang out with her.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by and14263

Now that I've looked through the rest of the photos her manish jawline and square frame lead me to believe she may be trans-gender.

What? She definitely doesn't look transgender. I think the problem here is that you like dudes.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So this is why our economy is in the toilet! Seems the guys at Citibank just couldn't figure out which cephalic region to do their thinking with!!!

LOL! Ridiculous! I'm sure her wardrobe had nothing to do with this decision
making process. I've seen better.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Sounds like more of a case where this girl has some seriously-high expectations and some shopping-habits she needs to support (which is fine...not judging,just making a point) and realizes that she now NEEDS to get attention to continue her lifestyle in another way?It's a slim-window when you DO rely on your "looks" to propel one forward so she's obviously embracing it?

After reading the article I came to the same conclusion. Really, too hot? Give me a break here people. I haven't heard what Citibank has to say in detail, but frankly she sounds like a damn airhead. It will probably come out in court that she was incompetent or something of that nature.

Now before people start the "Ur Jealzos!" routine on me: I am an unattractive woman and I am ok with that. It's something you get over. Oh well you've got acne scars, a crazy eye and an odd figure. you get over it and move on with life, but that doesn't stop me from taking advantage of good looking women. Oh no, I'm happy to use you ladies. When I managed "Meet Markets" I was well known for stocking the wait staff with half-naked young things. I like money, what can i say?! Of course, you need to make sure you get the smart ones (and they do exist trust me), but bottom line here: The ugly truth is there is always a hotter thing around the corner waiting to take your spot.

The lady in the OP was good looking, but really, why should anyone cry for her? OMG I'M SO HOT BOO-HOO. I'd like to see her live life in my younger shoes. People would harass me daily for the way I looked. I'd like her problems, though I think they might be self-inflicted wounds at the end of the day. Shed a tear for the beautiful people.

But anyway, she's too sexy ya'll!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by antonia]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join