It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Fired For Being Too Good Looking?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

There are strategies that work, but if you have someone telling them they are too good looking, you deserve to get sued.

That's the thing, I'm sure there is no paperwork anywhere, that there is that states this. Perhaps, she was distracting herself at work, working to hard on her appearance, that made her own work suffer.

In the article, it says she was reported as late, on dates that were not working days. Perhaps there was a mandatory increase for work on those days, and she did not participate in them. Given her own statements, she spent a lot of time, primping, and was unwilling to go to those lengths, on added on work hours, that she did not want to participate in. Nowhere does it say she was an hourly employee, and you know what? When you are salaried, you agree to work when management tells you to. I've had it happen, and so, your plans for a Saturday are gone, if work deems it for you to be there.

She needs to get over herself, and one person commented a playboy layout for this chica, guess what, so far, nobody cares to see her ini that way. She's just average, and nothing special!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
This is 100% poor management and the woman has a suit, depending if she can prove what was said to her. There are acceptable forms of dress in the workplace and from the pictures she was clearly dressed appropriately. I'm guessing they simply did not like her or the attention she got from either her male collegues or clients. Too bad.

If it was her mannerisms and flirtation, there is not much you can do about that, legally.

Good post, starred.

One reason I thought she had a suit was the claim that her final notice letter stated she was late on days that the bank wasn't even open, if that's true. Not sure what that's about, if they got the dates wrong which damages the credibility of the notice letter, or if they required her to work on days the bank was closed, or what?

Her story sounds a bit schizophrenic. On the one hand she talked about how she tried to do everything to NOT draw attention to herself, like NOT wearing makeup, for example, for which she was criticized. But then she goes on about how in her cultural background women are in the habit of primping themselves up to look nice, and she does that, so it seemed to me she was talking out of both sides of her mouth if you know what I mean.

But if her final notice letter has incorrect dates in it, that's not going to help Citibank's case.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time.....no biggie.....................
hahaha just kidding

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
She looks like Octomom with airbrushing
Line dux

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I remember I was going to hire a good looking lady,I was going by her skills not looks,the owner said I couldn't hire her because she was too good looking

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think she is hot ! But... Not that hot. ( I would have used the big-word little drummer used but I can not even pronounce it, let alone spell it.
)

Well... if she distracts her male colleagues that much, I'd suggest to fire them instead.

Because it is basically the same reason as why certain Muslim folks want their women to wear a burqa... Because they make men horny. Men can't behave themselves so woman has to pay the price. A.K.A. Discrimination.

Or...

She is just full of herself and taking a lot more credit then they gave here.

She has got to be pretty stupid.
Recent studies say that men are more willing to take higher risks and forget to think about the consequences when there is a beautiful woman in the room.

In a bank that sounds me like a virtue and bankers know this. They can make more money with it so that pretty much means they know.

Maybe she declined sex with her boss ? Or she turned out to have a penis.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm curvy, and I've been given troubles for wearing totally appropriate corporate wear more than once. Often by women.

I don't wear make up. When I was skinnier it was worse.

These people would have me wear bulky turtle necks in summer heat with a blazer and a skirt to my ankles that has petticoats in it so that it couldn't possibly show anything.

I believe this woman. I have run into the horse crap myself.

Curvy is "inappropriate" unless it is in a bag.

I assure you, my dress is utterly appropriate at work. There are still people who track me just hoping I will wear something that they could complain about, or that was inappropriate so that my boss could talk to me about it.

The worst offenders in my experience have been women. Men can be problematic - women can be down right unpleasant. People have spread rumours about my lack of undergarments - I wear those horrible looking valkery bras. With padding to avoid nipple show. Not enough. I had someone be unhappy when I DID wear a turtleneck. Apparently, you could still SEE that I have boobs and a waist.

Curvy is some people's idea of un-office like. It is utterly sexist - and I mean that of both the women and the men.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I was thinking maybe her account was exxaggerated, but after reading your story, maybe not.

I think she has an attractive face but I don't think her body is anything special. I'm not complaining about it, but I just don't think it's the distraction for others in the office she thinks it is, in her case.

In your case it might be different. Anyway that's unfortunate you've had to go through that. If they don't like your turtleneck I'm sure you can tell them where to go.
(for a long walk on a short pier, perhaps?)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I think she is hot ! But... Not that hot. ( I would have used the big-word little drummer used but I can not even pronounce it, let alone spell it.
)

Well... if she distracts her male colleagues that much, I'd suggest to fire them instead.

Yes if her story was true and the men aren't productive because they are too busy staring at her then the men who aren't productive should be fired for not being productive. But I'm leaning more toward your OR...

Or...

She is just full of herself and taking a lot more credit then they gave here.
Yes I don't think she's distracting them as much as she THINKS she's distracting them. She has a mighty high opinion of herself to a degree that makes her even less attractive.

It would be nice to have all the facts but I think we're only getting part of the story from her. I want to hear the other side of the story too.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

My bet the real story had to do with the way she dressed -- probably a little to provocative for a bank. I never understood why men had extremely strict dress codes.. my office we had to wear a tie, a suit (didn't have to wear the jacket inside) couldn't be "flamboyant" colors. Women had no dress code except "business attire" .. what ever that meant.. and I saw some pretty loose interpretations let me tell ya. Not that I complained of course.

This chick probably dressed like a ho, and got sacked, then said it was just cuz everyone was so jealous.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bassman013
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

..Or, are the other women in the office jealous? I've seen this first hand.

thats what i was thinking...i've seen this happen first hand too...in the adult world its quite unbelievable that these situations occur far too often. women are jealous b!tches...and in their 40's? they're probably over weight and over-wrinkly...why would they want this hottie working next to them making them look back or *feel* bad.

i believe this woman...but i bet a lot of people won't, sadly.
i think the people who did this should get the crap beat out of them...then they'll have real ugly to complain about.

/rant.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sucks being good-looking. My heart goes out to her.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Sucks being good-looking. My heart goes out to her.

Good, maybe you can give her a job to keep her off unemployment, so she can buy a new wardrobe.

Your bleeding heart is hysterically funny.

You must give her a job, well you know, it's either that new pair of gucci shoes that look awful on her feet, or food for her illegitimate son.

LOL! You people crack me up!

Did you even read the article about her 5 closets of clothes?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh Good Lord!

I was an office manager once. One girl I hired for the front desk receptionist, I hired her for her resume, her personality during the interview and yes I will admit because she was very very beautiful. She was the first person a client would see and hear.

After awhile her diva personality came out and she truly thought she was too beautiful to do any work. She preferred to sit at the desk and look in the mirror, adjust her hair, fix her makeup, do her nails and flirt with anyone and everyone. I wont even get into the attitude she would give if she was asked to do actual work - especially if it meant doing something physical @@

All the men in the office who first cooed over her quickly became annoyed that she just didn't want to work. She wanted to sit there and be seen.

I suspect it is probably the case with this woman in the article. She thinks too highly of herself and it became a nuisance and interfered with the work that needed to be done. She probably got fired for being incompetent but since her ego is way too big she is using the "they hate me because im beautiful" excuse.

Pathetic.

And the photo shoot @@ It does nothing for her "cause".

And the whole "I bet the women are jealous" bit....please
I can appreciate a beautiful woman. What I can not appreciate is a beautiful woman who is so full of herself - it makes her actually quiet ugly. The "your just jealous" bit is the same attitude these women have that gets them canned.

[edit on June 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
This chick probably dressed like a ho, and got sacked, then said it was just cuz everyone was so jealous.

Actually I don't recall her exact words, but even in her account her response to her employer was something like "Why are you complaining about the way I'm dressed? Just check out the tellers, they're dressed even more provocatively than I am!" I guess some of the tellers were wearing miniskirts or something. Which makes me wonder because it's sort of deflecting the accusation against her, even though it may be true that tellers were dressed worse than she is, the tellers aren't getting paid $70k a year like she was. At least where I've worked the higher up in the company the tighter the dress code expectations have been. I mean everyone has to meet the minimum dress codes, that's a given. But as you rise in the company the dress expectations seem to rise with your position above the minimum standards. Man or woman.

I never see tellers in miniskirts at my bank, and in some cases that may be a good thing

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
All the men in the office who first cooed over her quickly became annoyed that she just didn't want to work. She wanted to sit there and be seen.

I suspect it is probably the case with this woman in the article. She thinks too highly of herself

The way she comes across in that article, I think you have very good reason to suspect that there is some kind of personality issue you're probably right. It's not like you even have to read between the lines much to get a feel for her personality and what she must be like to work with. She doesn't sound like she has exactly the same issues as your receptionist did, but I think I might find her equally difficult to work with after reading that article, and it's because of personality, not looks.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was going to say that as well, in that it isn't so much her looks , it is more so about her ATTITUDE !

You can see it written all over her face.

Typical of many women who STILL think that they are sooo "Hot", AND have An attitude to match.

And on that topic , it is said that "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder".

Sorry, But I am just not beholding of them !

Plain and Simple.

'Nuff Said.

Next !

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
IMO, she's not that pretty, but she sure as hell has a very sexy look. On the downside, check out the size of her feet! Aint no way she's gonna fall off this earth.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Doesn't look any better than any of the ladies at my local bank branch. Someone is looking for their 15 minutes I think. Not saying she's ugly, she's just not this goddess she thinks she is. I'm sure there is a valid reason she was let go, also is NY an at will state? I know here in TN they can fire you for no reason at all because of that.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
She's totally hot! Was her boss another woman?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join