It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Fired For Being Too Good Looking?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Either she rubbed someone the wrong way, pun intended...
Or she didn't rub at all.

Well that thought DID cross my mind too.

But even if Citibank were to tell their side of the story, they wouldn't admit to that if that was the case.

Hopefully it's not but you made me laugh, thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I will also just add, although the story itself is an issue for debate and it highlights areas of employment laws etc AND it's nice to have some light hearted fun every now and then... Surely this is just another one of those MSM stories designed to distract us from life and constructive thought?

I mean hell, it's taken 20 minutes of my life I won't get back.

That's exactly what it is.

But I'm not sure I needed to spend another 20 minutes looking at that oil spill. It's not like I can fix it. So a little light hearted distraction once in a while may not be a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

For sure, I can appreciate that.
I don't think one story is going to numb us into sheepness

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yes this happens a lot!

I've been fired five times now!!! ....going on my sixth....

note: no avatar for a reason, I can't afford to be banned from ATS too!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow...this lady has a bit of an ego. She is pretty...until you read in depth about her "situation"...then she seems like an ugly person who thinks too much of herself.

Here is the longer ARTICLE that goes into more detail...basically 4 pages of her saying how great and hot she is and that it isn't her fault she is genetically better than others. And bragging about all the expensive clothes she has and how she is hot enough to wear them and look good in them. She claims she couldn't wear the same clothes that the short fat women could wear because she is tall and thin and people thought it was distracting...SHE IS 5'6...Is that considered TALL now?

It also says in the article the case will never go to court because of an arbitration clause she signed...so she just wants money.

I have a news flash for this women...you aren't THAT hot. Definately attractive...but get over yourself...and your attitude makes you very ugly. If she was that good at her job...she wouldn't of had so many jobs (she lists like 5 or 6 in the article and she is 33).

I hope the arbitration gives her nothing...but she already got what she wanted anyway...attention.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hello Playboy spread! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Le mew le meow le meow wow" -Pepe Lepew

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
She'll get dates and some attention out of it...and...I suspect that's what this is REALLY all about in the long-run?

You have to wonder. Certainly this lawsuit is giving her more attention but she says she wants less attention:

www.villagevoice.com...

Meanwhile, she continues to receive unwanted attention. She says she gets hit on constantly and walks on the street as if she were wearing body armor: forward and straight, avoiding everyone's gaze. "If being less good-looking," she says, "means being happy and finding love and not being sexually harassed and having a job where no one bothers you and no one questions you because of your looks, then, definitely, I'd want that. I think of that every day."

Seems like lots of women buy beauty products to make themselves more good looking, but she's trying to do the opposite. She even stopped wearing makeup and Citibank employees complained about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Yes this happens a lot!

I've been fired five times now!!! ....going on my sixth....

You were fired five times because you were too hot?

Maybe you just suck at your job?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by havok
Either she rubbed someone the wrong way, pun intended...
Or she didn't rub at all.

Well that thought DID cross my mind too.

But even if Citibank were to tell their side of the story, they wouldn't admit to that if that was the case.

Hopefully it's not but you made me laugh, thanks for that.

If that was the case...I'm sure she would be talking about it. She says in the article a manager at a previous job showed her a picture of his penis...and all she did apparently was complain to HR and then quit...so I'm not even sure I beleive that.

I would say it is more likely that she tried to initiate getting a promotion by showing her horizontal skills to the manager and was shot down and gotten rid of to eliminate the risk of any potential sexual harrasment issues in the future. And now she is bitter that she was shot down so is going to say that she was fired because she is "too hot". Just playful conjecture...but I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Shes mediocre in the looks dept.. Seen many women more attractive than her.. Suspect she got fired more mundane reasons than her looks..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow! Just... Wow!

It makes you wonder just how the photographer managed to fit her immense head in the frame of those pics really doesn't it?

The woman is attractive to be sure, but as a 28 year old, red blooded, heterosexual male, I have to say... "I wouldn't touch her with yours mate!"

I would have to spend less than 5 minutes with this woman before I found her quite unattractive. Give me a nice down to Earth lass any day!

"Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity."

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
She is okay looking but not great. I have had better myself and I am no super model.

I would say there is more to this story (as is always the case) and we are only getting her obviously incorrect side. She like many others will get her five minutes of fame and then get tossed to the side “wet and worn-out” just like the others that came before her. Then she will die lonely and miserable because she never truly could get past looking at herself in the mirror.

Ladies like her are a dime a dozen. I prefer a real woman who while strong is also willing to look at the rest of the world past herself.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have 3 absolute belters that work in my office, and yes we sneak a peek - I mean after all men are men (and as one of my managers said 1 day "at least I know my heart still beats" :lol

But trust me, NONE of them would get fired for their looks. They are extremely proficient at there jobs, have no attitude at all, and quite frankly, are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

I think this broad is just seeking attention. All 3 of my colleagues beat her hands down in looks, body, etc.

I'd rather give my Jack Russel a kiss than "base face" there...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
So is she good looking enough to make this claim?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d933bb06353.jpeg[/atsimg]

I'd probably be checking her out while standing in line, but at the end of the day she doesn't really stop me from doing my banking. I'd care less if it was her or someone else serving me. I admit to always taking notice of attractive women, but I also take note of everyone in general, when else will I see so many amazing living works of art.

If I could sculpt a statue in exact detail of the world most ugly person, I would still guarantee that some would find my artwork amazing. Life presents us in a way that if you see it us as "Art" a new quality of beauty takes hold that does not have sexual orientation.

Even a spider is beautiful when viewed as living art.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Okay: broke down and read BORING article about her.

Even less empathy now:again,I have close female friends who literally HAVE graced the pages of magazines,walked runways,been onstage,and held jobs that relied on their looks alone.
They don't whine like this.

I also have friends who are also physically stunning and chose to go into pro-fields such as medicine,law,and other high-professional positions that rely more on "what they know and how they do their jobs..."
They don't act this way.

I have a sister who is the HR Director on both coasts for a mega-corp who is also GORGEOUS (was in "that magazine" when she was in college
and is held in exceptionally high-esteem by her peers and upper-management because of how well she does her job and for the way she treats all with fairness and kindness.
She doesn't have this kind of attitude.

Sounds like more of a case where this girl has some seriously-high expectations and some shopping-habits she needs to support (which is fine...not judging,just making a point) and realizes that she now NEEDS to get attention to continue her lifestyle in another way?It's a slim-window when you DO rely on your "looks" to propel one forward so she's obviously embracing it?

If you act like a lady,you will generally be treated like one,sorry.Men are NOT (for the most part,LOL!) "dogs" who stalk you on the street sniffing and pawing...please.

I have been considered "beautiful" for years and can count on one hand any instances of male- disrespect.It's MUCH better and more "beautiful" to smile when you walk down the street and treat random strangers with kindness...even tell a less that attractive woman she looks fabulous from time to time? THAT'S what truly amazing women are about

I wish her well but boy she's got some issues MANY "overly-gorgeous" women simply don't have

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"Please, please don't hate me because I'm beautiful !"

Don't worry . . . . .

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

If you act like a lady,you will generally be treated like one,sorry.Men are NOT (for the most part,LOL!) "dogs" who stalk you on the street sniffing and pawing...please.

I have to agree with this sentiment. I think what she craves is attention. Clearly by her own words, she spends a lot of time on her wardrobe, to get attention.

Perhaps if she spent as much time on herself, (inner beauty) and her personality, this would never have been an issue to begin with.

I think she embraces the "Godess Complex," a little to strongly.

While she seems concerned for feeding her illegitamit child, she sure is screaming for the world to look at her.

Yes, she should be freaking out about paying bills, but if she held a yard sale for her skanky designer clothing, (5 closets full) she could probably manage to pay her rent, and then some, without having to make such a spectacle of herself!

edit to fix quote

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Holding my tounge with both hands....mummering something silly.....

...check your u2u please.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There is something going here beyond the gal getting canned for her looks. She is average looking, perhaps a tad above average.

Having managed people for over 25 years in a corporate setting, I have seen it all. Sure, there are women who come in dressed innapropriately. I have never had a situation where a straight forward conversation did not set that situation right. It is typically caused by someone who was working in a role that was less conservative and a habit, or as she says - she is simply wearing the clothes she has. It is no problem.

I have also had to tell obese women to change their attire. Stretch pants or some kind of tent-like dress on an obese person just does not cut it in the office and the fact of the matter is that it is socially unacceptable for fat folks to wear the same clothes as someone who is not fat. Is that right? In my opinion, yes it is. Of course they can wear the exact same clothes, but fortunately they are not going to be able to find them in a store, so fatty will ultimately have to find something that fits and is appropriate.

I have seen many cases where older and typically fat women complain about the way a younger, prettier woman dresses and acts. That is typically a problem with the older and fat people, not the younger, more attractive woman. I have told fat women to get over it, if the dress was appropriate.

This is 100% poor management and the woman has a suit, depending if she can prove what was said to her. There are acceptable forms of dress in the workplace and from the pictures she was clearly dressed appropriately. I'm guessing they simply did not like her or the attention she got from either her male collegues or clients. Too bad.

If it was her mannerisms and flirtation, there is not much you can do about that, legally. It typically works to, after you build a relationship with the person to have a candid conversation about the way behavior at work, coupled with her dress focuses attention and that she needs to be working to have folks pay attention to her work and that perhaps she is being a bit too social which is detracting from the quality of her contribution in the office.

There are strategies that work, but if you have someone telling them they are too good looking, you deserve to get sued.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join