It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christians"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

"See the birds of the sky, that they don't sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you of much more value than they?"

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?"

No Worry, No When, No Want
"Want is also missing from the Moken language. In their lifestyle they either give or take, but there is no want. How often do you find yourself saying, “I want this, I want that?” The Moken attitude is that what is needed will be provided. Like the ocean providing fish or the sky giving rain, there are available resources to draw upon as needed. Excess Moken catches of fish are used to barter for other necessities at local markets. There is no lack or a need to store things up for long periods of time. “Worry” is not in the Moken language either. Imagine going a week without worry – little or big – because there is no concept for the idea of “Worry”.

They don't have words for "want", "when", "worry". Somebody should tell these people, they need to study Zen and meditate for a lifetime before they can - live in the moment and be free of desires! Even better - they should confess their sins, hide themselves in a monastery, eat only bread and water, else there is no "salvation"!

From affluence to anxiety
The Marvelous Piraha
For themselves they store no food, explaining to Everett, "I store meat in the belly of my brother". In other words, says Everett, "They share with those who need meat, never storing for the future." A further level of interpretation of this statement is also possible, however: taken literally, it suggests a different conception of self-interest and therefore a different conception of self. To help another is to help oneself. We are not separate."

Primitives:
paimei01.blogspot.com...

"They were a well-disciplined people, maintaining public order under many trying circumstances. And yet they had none of the power mechanisms that we consider essential to a well-ordered life. No orders were ever issued...Time after time I tried to find a case of orders given and there were none. Gradually I began to realize that democracy is a very personal thing which like charity, begins at home. Basically it means not being coerced and having no need to coerce anyone else. The Pawnee learned this way of living in the earliest beginning of his life. In the detailed events of every day as a child, he began his development as a disciplined and free man or as a women who felt her dignity and her independence to be inviolate"

---

"The Creeks are just honest, liberal and hospitable to strangers; considerate, loving and affectionate to their wives and relations; fond of their children; industrious, frugal, temperate and persevering; charitable and forbearing. I have been weeks and months among them and in their towns, and never observed the least sign of contention or wrangling: never saw an instance of and Indian beating his wife, or even reproving her in anger. In this case they stand as examples of reproof to the most civilized nations . . . for indeed their wives merit their esteem and the most gentle treatment, they being industrious, frugal, loving and affectionate . . .Their internal police and family economy. . .incontrovertibly place those people in an illustrious point of view: their liberality, intimacy and friendly intercourse with one another, without any restraint of ceremonious formality; as if they were even insensible of the use of necessity of associating the passions of affections of avarice, ambition or covetousness. . . How are we to account for their excellent policy in civil government; it cannot derive its influence from coercive laws, for they have no such artificial system.

About the Bible - its a collection of stories. I am not Christian, or another "religion" or "atheist". And Jesus (the man, whoever he was) was misunderstood. Of course he was. He was talking to the machine people.
The machine in our heads

These ego-alien identifications, built up over the course of a lifetime, cohere and form a distinct, circumscribed personality, or false self, that represents and enforces the rules and regulations of civilization. This false self is observable in the frozen facial expressions, stereotypic gestures, and unexamined behavioral patterns of the general public. This false self determines much of our everyday lives, so that we are seldom the origin of our actions.

So - who are the "Christians" (following the teachings of Christ) ?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Your post has confused me. Could you elaborate on the stuff you posted if it's all tied together or different subjects.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I second that. It is kind of all over the place and does not really make sense.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Those "primitives" - behaved like Jesus said. Now you get it ?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Those "primitives" - behaved like Jesus said. Now you get it ?

Not really...

top topics

join