It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 1 of flotilla's dead American of Turkish descent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Report: 1 of flotilla's dead American of Turkish descent

www.ynetnews.com

A Turkish news agency reported that eight of the people killed during an Israeli raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla were Turks, while the ninth was an American citizen of Turkish descent.

According to an earlier report, a forensic report concluded that all nine activists died of gunshot wounds. (AFP)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So one american died after all. I predict it won't be anywhere in the news, or if it breaks, the MSM will say he deserved it, that he was a terrorist anyway and that's why we must pass more police state anti-domestic terrorist laws...

Maybe an American dead will change the mind of some people still defending this fiasco.

Israel really did a very big mistake there. They played right into the hands of the Gaza activists...

They thought the world wouldn't mind them killing a few others ``terrorists``... after all they get away with that every single day and nobody says a word...

Israel please change your leadership. PLEASE.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Those on the ship were well prepared for violence...all they had to do was let the soldiers examine the cargo....but no they had to play the tough guys and refuse inspection...they got their asses kicked fair and square

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
all they had to do was let the soldiers examine the cargo

Star for you. Some of these anti-Israel postings are so ridiculous that it's just a waste of breathe and time to explain the reason why Israel acted. There's a difference between stupid and ignorance. Ignorance can be fixed and stupid can't. These forums would be a lot different if the people were only ignorant.

It's like I've always said, if you go into a war zone, expect to get killed.

[edit on 3/6/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Those on the ship were well prepared for violence...all they had to do was let the soldiers examine the cargo....but no they had to play the tough guys and refuse inspection...they got their asses kicked fair and square

Unarmed civilians in international waters versus bloodthirsty Naval Commandos is a fair fight?

I would not want any Israeli military inspecting my vessel, they are animals and far worse than any Arab extremist, they kill children for sport.

When Israel gets involved things get stolen and defecated on, they poison the Arabs wells by crapping in them, I bet that sort of thing makes you feel good huh?

Crapping in water that children have to drink is what Israel is all about.

You must be a very cowardly person with no ethics, unless you are of the "Chosen" and think that its just another bunch of dead goy.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Let them inspect it or let them first steal everything they wanted and defecate on the rest?

They had a list of people to kill, does not sound like an inspection to me.

Its not so much people being against Israel or Jews, its that people are against murder and abuse, the problem is that the majority Israelis here and there have a religious stand point that states that the non Jew is less than human and placed here by God to serve the Jew.

Regardless of how brainwashed or racist Zionists are, the world will never, ever think that Jews are so special that they can kill with impunity.

I know that many Jews long for the day that we goy will have to bow down to them but I promise not without a fight.

Israel wants peace?

STOP KILLING PEOPLE!

P.S, I know what Israel did on 9/11, as a matter a fact the whole World knows.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Those soldiers were not there to examine the cargo only. Are you being serious? That is one of the craziest things I have heard all week. You don't launch an armed commando air-assault raid on a vessel in international waters if your only going to examine the cargo. You don't repeatedly fire munitions and water at the vessel if you are there to inspect the cargo only. In fact, every other time that Israel has done this, you probably say the same thing, don't you? Come on dude, lets deny ignorance here.

--airspoon

Edited to change: "ignorant" to "craziest".

[edit on 3-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Those on the ship were well prepared for violence...all they had to do was let the soldiers examine the cargo....

They didn't have to do any such thing.

They illegally boarded the boats from helicopters armed with machine guns and started barking orders and handcuffing people.

Any sort of retaliation on the part of the passengers is the fault of those who illegally boarded the vessel.

You can't board boats in international waters and make demands then kill 10-20 people and claim self-defense...YOU are the guilty party no matter what.

The passengers are the ones that can claim self-defense.

It is that simple.

but no they had to play the tough guys and refuse inspection...they got their asses kicked fair and square

Israel could have waiting till they docked.

This was mishandled and you are blaming the people who were legally within their right.

It would be the same if a group of officers kicked down my door based on an assumption, without a warrant, and then started terrorizing my family and I resisted.

Any harm done to me or my family would be their fault not mine.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Just curious here, have you ever put your ideology and logic before your own safety ?

Perhaps i should rattle your security net ever so slightly....

CNN correspondent Karl Penhaul was aboard the 60-foot pleasure boat Dignity when the contact occurred. When the boat later docked in the Lebanese port city of Tyre, severe damage was visible to the forward port side of the boat, and the front left window and part of the roof had collapsed. It was flying the flag of Gibraltar.

The Dignity was carrying crew and 16 passengers -- physicians from Britain, Germany and Cyprus and human rights activists from the Free Gaza Solidarity Movement -- who were trying to reach Gaza through an Israeli blockade of the territory.

Also on board was former U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney.

edition.cnn.com...

In a nut shell, they have and currently disregard all and any authority when its well suited to their own agenda. Its when everything is ablaze and not even the U.S. will be in a position to support them other than U.N. statements that they will realize you simply cannot cry wolf every time.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Thank you for your logical view of this incident. American or not they got what they had coming, no more and no less.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
whats the point of your post? so what?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Look at the caliber of people running the country.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How often do I read posts from Americans about how patriotic they are and how nobody should mess with them. An American citizen has been shot and killed in international waters by a foreign military and no outrage? no government response? If it were any other country other than Israel the depleted uranium bombs would already be in the air. This could turn out to be a new low in terms of character and hypocrisy for Americans. I tell you what, we Canadians may not be all that powerful in the grand scheme of things but if that was one of ours every one of us(I think even Israel supporters) would be losing thier G.D. STUFF right now.I'm not an Israel hater but come on it was murder plain and simple. Shame on Israel.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
omg this changes everything!
no seriously, this is breaking news that will impact things on a global scale.
no really, im serious, thank god for this thread.
seriously, im being serious.

top topics

join