It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns or No Guns?? Your views.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Nope, you missed it. Guns won.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

A dishonourable draw would be more accurate in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Your picture and stance on guns cracks me up every-time!

He is obviously a person who would resist oppression.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by jeh2324]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Not to derail the original post, but how do you think your citizens would handle an oppressive dictator with an armed army to stop you?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by jeh2324]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm for guns. If they did ban guns criminals would definetly still get firearms, hell I know of more than one person that I could get weapons from, not that i'm going to, but i beleive if its not one thing it's another.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

The UK has a long history of taking action against oppressors, not that there have been that many.

If we are ever in that position again we would do all that is necessary.

But that's no justification for wholescale availability of firearms.

We don't need them and we don't want them.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by America?

If we are ever in that position again we would do all that is necessary.

Well I guess not "all that is necessary".

We don't need them and we don't want them.

Not yet!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'll simply say:

You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

You can close the thread now! J/K

Becker

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

Exactly, there is absolutely no need for them yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Okay, so how will you get it when you need it? My bet is if you need it you won't be able to get it.

Good luck with that approach.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

What do you mean a violent nature.
Does a gun have a violent nature.
WWhat animates a gun. A human with a violent nature, or one with a non violent nature.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

It's a hypothetical question.

I would rather cross that bridge if we ever come to it rather than make guns more readily available in the unlikely event that it does happen.
Our society would change drastically, and for the worse, just in case some imaginary evil tyrant were to arise.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pro-Gun.
I hunt. I eat what I kill. I'm also a veteran. Both my parents are veterans, my uncles, grandfathers.... you get the point. We all own guns. Why? One ,it's a right guaranteed in our constitution. Exercise it or it's worthless. Two, if our government has them, we need to have them as well. Three, gun bans only effect people who obey the laws, criminals couldn't care less. Plus the reaction time to most crimes called in on 911 is 3-5 minutes, it takes 5-10 seconds to get to a firearm in my house. I will not allow my family to become a victim.

In an ideal world, people would get along, there would be no crime therefore no need for archaic weapons for protection. We don't live in that world. Man is an animal. If you don't fulfill his hierarchy of needs-
[Physiological Needs (food,water, shelter,sex) Safety, Needs Needs of Love, Affection and Belonging, Needs for Esteem, Needs for Self-Actualization]
The beast is let out, massacres happen. It's a fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Firearms are just a tool that can be used for both good and bad purposes.

I don't suppose the same people who call for the complete banning of firearms would call for the banning of hammers, swimming pools, and automobiles because they all kill people?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by evilminime]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
S&F

I really don't have the answers to this question of guns. All the wrong people seem to

have them.

I recall I was robbed in my neighborhood much to my surprise as I where I lived

was in a good area. A man came out of no where and grabbed my bag. I spied another

man hiding by the bushes. We played tug of war with my purse (I don't think he expected me

to be so strong) until I decided to let it go because I did not know if he was packing.

Without thinking I started running after him and being 5'9" I can assure you I have long legs

and run fast but I came to a dead halt recalling why I let the bag go to begin with.

If I had a gun would that have changed things? Could I have used a gun? I don't really

know. Letting the bag go was the logical thing I could have done in that circumstance.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Guns or no guns the world would not be any different. If someone wanted to commit a crime they would find and use any weapon that would give them an advantage. Whether it’s a big knife or an axe handle it doesn't matter. It’s a mechanical advantage.

If there were no guns that would be great but it’s too late for that. Guns make us all Equal. A 5 foot tall woman weighing 90 pounds is completely equal to a 6 foot tall man weighing in at 250pounds. It’s all about the mechanical advantage. The gun is not to blame it’s the person. The gun is just an extension of the person. Just a tool.

I myself love guns. I collect them and use them in my everyday life. My job requires me to carry a pistol and a rifle at all times. When im not at work I conceal carry. The only time I don’t have a gun on me is when im in an establishment that prohibits them. And if something happens and people get killed because of the no gun areas you better believe im talking to the reporters at the scene and explaining to them that i couldn't help because of the no gun laws.

It’s pretty much too late for people to not have guns. The bad guys have them and if you want to at least be equal you better get one providing your country / state will let you. I won’t be caught off guard. Will you?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by jeh2324

It's a hypothetical question.

I would rather cross that bridge if we ever come to it rather than make guns more readily available in the unlikely event that it does happen.
Our society would change drastically, and for the worse, just in case some imaginary evil tyrant were to arise.

Have you even looked out side? In the streets, people are being arrested and detained for taking pictures. You have cameras on every block and are under constant observation from birth to death. I do admire your health care, but as far as gun control goes, the UK has no chance against an oppressor. How would you even notice one these days? If there is any country that needs the availability of guns, the UK is one of the top contenders for sure.

There may have been a time when the people would fight oppression, but these days it seems the average person will just suck it up like they do everywhere else. My country is no better, but we currently don't have enough of the PTB to actually cover all of the land mass. Oh I do own a handgun, it's registered, I've been trained and hold a license. I believe that each person should have the right to make their own choice about owning one, not be forced into giving them up. The criminals will always be able to get guns, as a good citizen you should be able to defend against any aggressor with more than harsh words.

..Ex

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I would not want to see Englishmen with guns as well. To many of them spend more time at the pub than the shooting range. It would not do much good anyways as ammunition would be priced out of the range of most Englishmen. But nonetheless alcohol and guns do not make a good mix. I dont like to be round people who have been heavily drinking. Nor people drinking with guns. I greatly disapprove of this conduct. I am not against alcohol..I am against alcohol and certain kinds of conduct...or use of machinery/tools.

We here in America have a fundamental right to be armed as stated in our constitution. This is what separates us from Englishmen and most of us have no wish to become Englishmen or Contintntals.

Agree with some of the posters here...in that most of the news is sensational driven..just like much of English news...sensational and fluff'/puff pieces about stars and other such drivel.

Only in the NRA type publications do you read of how many times in any day or week do guns prevent injury or theft of property.,,,,private property. Mostly this news and informations is kept from the public view in lieu of the standard fear and insecurity angles so popular in politically driven information outlets/news formats. It gets so predictable after awhile.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Gun laws in the U.S. are very lax when compared to what I've heard a lot of the laws in most European countries are. People talk about how they've never heard of anybody whose defended themselves with a gun; well, I can name half a dozen people right off the top of my head who have. We need our guns for defense because a lot of people here in the U.S. are crazy, and there are way too many meth heads where I live to go without some kind of protection.

I also would like to add that there are huge pockets of country folk who depend upon their guns to put food on the table. Poverty is a huge issue in Appalachia.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join