It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by CX
I'm for guns.
I used to own a handgun until the Dunblane tragedy, and enjoyed many years of shooting before that both in the forces and civvy street.
None of the thousands of fellow gun owners i knew ever did anything like this.
Whether it's guns, knives or whatever else anyone goes on a killing spree with next, it just ends up that in 99.99999999% of the time, the bad guys end up with the guns and the law abiding enthusiasts like myself get shafted.
I'm not saying i'd agree with laws as relaxed as some parts of other countries, then again i hear other areas have very tight gun controls.
All i know is that most of the gun owners i know and have ever met are the most responsible people in the world.
Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Freeborn
We did land on Okinawa to my knowledge. I don't know if you consider that a main island, but I do.. and I'd guess the japanese would too.
Originally posted by KrispyB
All I have to say is this:
1. God given right to live.
2. Right to protect my life by any means necesary.
3. History repeats its self, Pol Pot, Hitler, etc. An unarmed country of people is a country of sheeple.
4. As long as criminals can posses guns, illegally or not, I will do the same.
5. It is better to have a gun and never need it than to need one and not have one.
6. It is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
7. My right to bare arms.
8. You'll find that utopian society listed under fairy tales.
Originally posted by jeh2324
So we've all concluded and to sum it up...
Foreigners can keep their oppression.
To the spineless here at home, you are welcome. And I sure hope your neighbor will bail your sorry ass out.