It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns or No Guns?? Your views.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by waynos
Thats correct. Why did Japan not invade the USA? Because its citizens were armed?

Nope.

It was too far away and its Navy was decimated at Midway, thats why.

From what i am told our troops made it too Japan shore. One of my Japanese friends told me the US troops made it close to the shrine where they keep the infamous katana that protects Japan. Forgot the name of the katana. It was given to them by the goddess. Citizens of Japan protected that shrine to the death.

I don't know the name, but I believe the Goddess is named Ameterasu.

second line.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Miraj]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

We did land on Okinawa to my knowledge. I don't know if you consider that a main island, but I do.. and I'd guess the japanese would too.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Shootings stopped by armed citizens.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.highbeam.com...
www.9news.com...
www.saysuncle.com...

"Gun free zones" are immoral.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
George Washington was a wise man. He not only believed in the right to bear arms, but that is was a born necessity. He knew that the country he was entrusted to protect, needed to be protected from unimaginable forms of danger and corruption at any cost... down to its last breathing, freedom loving citizen.

Rather than disarming people and gradually stripping their rights. The US should start arming, training and educating our citizens not only in matters of war, but also in what makes America "the land of the free."

At times of war all townsmen enter the castle for safe haven. The army guards the gates and keeps the enemies at bay. The police force keeps order in the castle and serves as protection from invading forces when the army fails. When all else fails, it is the people that pick up their arms and defend there lives to their last breath.

"Why would you make the very people you have sworn to protect... defensely, in the case that you are unable to successfully protect them yourself?"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

There was a vicious battle for Okinawa, it convinced the US that to carry on fighting Japan in an 'island hopping' campaign would take years and countless deaths.

We are all aware of what the alternative was.

Okinawa is a Japanese prefecture which consists of 100's of islands, the main one being Okinawa itself.

There are 4 Main Japanese islands, Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku and Kyushu.

The katana mentioned is part of the Imperial Regalia of Japan.
en.wikipedia.org...

All three items are kept in seperate locations; Nagoyu, Tokyo and somewhere in Honshu.

I can find plenty of information of The Regalia etc but nothing yet about anyarmed confrontation at the end of WWII.

I feel we are straying well of topic, this deserves a thread in itself and we should not be derailing this one.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maydayk15
He knew that the country he was entrusted to protect, needed to be protected from unimaginable forms of danger and corruption at any cost... down to its last breathing, freedom loving citizen.

Then he led a bunch of federal shock troops to ransack a handful of farmers for tax money.

Betrayal of liberty is the American way.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
just thought I would bring to light
a situation coming to light in SC.

Christina Jeffrey is running in the SC
Congressional Race on the Tea Part, errr
I mean Republican ticket.

Check her new video out where
she holds an AK-47 in her campaign ad.

wow, that's my kind of gal !!!!

full story here

news.yahoo.com...=20169481

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't like guns. All they are good for is destruction.

With this police state we are experiencing people are waking up to the fact that
we've been screwed over.

Guns will not help us. The Elite own the Military and when ordered the Military will go house to house to collect guns.

The Elite have way more guns than the people of the great ole U.S. of A.
Let's hope there are more soldiers than not who will walk away instead of hurting any fellow countrymen.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

hell, if i'm gonna do all that, then i might as well say that anything of a violent weapon nature that has no other purpose other than to KILL man or animal must GO!

Wow! I would be hard to have a kitchen w/o knives. They can be pretty dangerous looking and what would carpenters do w/o hammers or cavers w/o picks? Even the big rocks I use around the flower bed would have to go. Anything can be a dangerous weapon! Even a frozen turkey...

I believe in gun control - you should hit what you're aiming at!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have a question for you all, for U.S. citizens.

When we go to war with Iran/NK(And we will), or we get attacked and our military is unsufficient enough to defend us, what are you going to do when a foreign country comes in, like China, or Russia, or Israel???

Do you want these people going form house to house, killing you and our family, and raping your family members? Now i know thats a violent reference, but you people have to UNDERSTAND the IMPORTANT of guns in the U.S.

Our forefathers didint make it our 2nd amendment just for the hell of it. Its Important. They gave us guns, so if anyone tries to take our freedoms away, we can simply kill them and take our country back. You people are suggesting that we submit our selfs to our government and TRUST THEM, do you know what happens when you TRUST your government????

This country is for WE THE PEOPLE, not "WE THE GOVERNMENT", UNDERSTAND???

If you give up your gun rights, or even trade your guns for food, you are giving up the right to defend yourselves......

Your allowing the enemy to come into your home, rape your sister/mom/daughters, thats what SUBMISSION is. I dont think you guys quiet get what these people are trying to accomplish. You can easily get a gun illegaly, which simply means the people who want guns will have them(The criminals, rapers, robbers) and the people who are innocent will be left with NOTHING TO DEFEND THEMSELVES WITH.....

They are using simple logic and reverse-psychology and its working. But its not your fault, its all that flrouide they have been putting into the water for the past years, and if you guys give up this fundamental basic right, your SUBMITTING to the New World Order. Thats NOT a good idea!!!

WAKE UP!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Anything can be a dangerous weapon! Even a frozen turkey...

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

Makes me think you've used one before

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, look at where banning guns has gotten the Unfree Kingdom. It's an Orwellian nightmare that's even worse than the U.S., and the people now have no means to overthrow the tyranny they're oppressed with, even if they wanted to. The second amendment in the Bill of Rights was put in place TO PROTECT US FROM elitist tyranny. I personally do not own a gun, but I fully support the right to bear arms.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I see a lot of posts about how guns have not stopped gunmen from doing their killing and I would just like to point out the very little of the US population actually carry a gun with them. Do people think America is some kind of wild west? Well it is not, but there are some who do get concealed license but the vast majority that may have guns in their house, or hunt do not carry a gun on them at anytime.

If I was a bad person I would love to be in a country without guns. I'm 270 pounds and can bench 350 pounds with a good amount of fighting skills...I guess I would be at the top of the food chain, but hey here in America a 80 years old grandma with a gun got me beat...hehe

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Guns are meant to protect and defend private citizens from government oppression and beasts.

Using guns against each other (or humans) is not good.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Guns are meant to protect and defend private citizens from government oppression and beasts.

Using guns against each other (or humans) is not good.

From your avatar I assume you are a woman, so how would you stop a person like me from doing anything I want?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
guns, what are you going to do when obama takes everything from you. government is government is government, it can never be trusted and being armed keeps us safe as a nation

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Leaving gender aside, I'd take up self-defense class and use a taser, too!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
reply to post by Xtrozero

Leaving gender aside, I'd take up self-defense class and use a taser, too!

Taser may help, but it is very limited in distance and if you need to actually be close enough to touch a person to use it then you are most likely already toast.

Self-defense classes......save your money for they will do you zero good in a real situation.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
the real issue isn't guns but the usurpation of the citizens right to fight a group or an organized group who usurp ways to ensure power is maintained in a just fashion.the front of this engagement is not fought with bullets and those who are shot are far from innocent.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince
I am for strict gun control means, but not a ban on people getting them. I mean if you just let everyone walk in off the street and get a gun, then you will probably have more gun crime. You open it up to criminals getting them easily, mental patients, anyone could have one. I'm for restrictions and permits for ownership. Register that you have a firearm and be made to get the proper facilities to store it (so your kid doesn't accidentally get into it, or a robber). Have a mental health check to see if you are unstable, have a criminal record check, have a police inspection of the firearm half yearly to make sure you haven't sold it illegally. Have everyone who gets one go through training and gun safety classes just as you would for getting a car. Make sure everyone with a firearm is a responsible person, and have checks in balance where they renew it every few years and regularly make sure they still have them to cut down on the illegal trade. I think that is ideal.

I am so sure all that feelgood beaurocratic bullsh!t will prevent criminals from being criminals.

Wakey wakey, bonnieprince.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join