It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla: How Israel’s ministry of foreign affairs fakes photos of seized weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Gaza flotilla: How Israel’s ministry of foreign affairs fakes photos of seized weapons

"On the Israeli ministry of foreign affairs’ Flickr page, the pictures of the so-called weapons seized on the ships taking part in the Gaza Freedom Flotilla provide ample evidence of the deviousness."

I tried using an EXIF viewer on the Flickr photos and couldn't get any dates.

Surely the IDF would know better than to expose such data...

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If they were going to fake weapon pictures wouldn't you think they would be of actual weapons, like AK47s? I imagine the cameras just never had the date set, so they default to the date of manufacure, or Jan 1 on some, etc. etc. In the videos of the incidient the soliders are being beaten w/ metal pipes and chairs, but they didn't take photos of those.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here's another page making claims:

www.rys2sense.com...

I tried to reproduce the results with the available image (seems the ID has changed...)

regex.info...://farm2.static.flickr.com/1284/4662343871_2dd9f18a1f.jpg

It says Adobe Photoshop and doesn't show a creation date.
Hmm...

[edit on 2010-6-3 by sandwiches]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i have never set the date and time on my cameras so you think someone in the Israeli military that was handed a camera and told to take photos of the evidence is going to think to check if the date and time is set.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
i have never set the date and time on my cameras so you think someone in the Israeli military that was handed a camera and told to take photos of the evidence is going to think to check if the date and time is set.

They certainly should since that pretty much mandatory for any evidence shoot one does. In fact these days photos can't even be considered evidences no more since they can be easily manipulated.

Anyways... the weapons shown there speak for themselves and are far from justifying the IDF opening fire on them.

If no shots are being made you simply take over using gas, pepper spray and flash bangs. No need to open fire.

Unless the show me some real fire arms their action is unjustifiable and must be punished.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

YES!

Because all police/military surveilance has to have the correct EXIF data, or else it would be much harder to prove that they are legitmate.

Have you ever gotten any type of citation from a police officer that didnt have a date on it? Its called evidence and proof, and its USUALLY needed in a court of law!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
Unless the show me some real fire arms their action is unjustifiable and must be punished.

The Isralis committed an act of piracy by forcefully boarding these ships.

If you were on a ship being boarded at 4am by armed pirates, would you have a right to shoot them do you think?

You sure would.

However the only reports we have of aid volunteers shooting is that one wrested a gun off one of the commandos and started shooting with it.
- a highly improbable story put out before they started saying the commandos only had paintball guns ...

So the aid volunteers, being in international waters, could not commit a any crime against Israel on their own ships. Even killing all the commandos would be self defence, not a crime. But despite that they went into those waters completely unarmed, obviously determined to harm no-one.

As for the crew, defending the passengers with sticks and bare hands, Turks have always had a reputation for bravery, and this is one more example of it.

top topics

join