It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estimates OK for speeding tickets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
So this is what we have to look forward too? Cops able to decide your speed without the use of calibrated equipment? I thought the para-military clothes, and the "above the law" attitudes was enough, but now this?

Does this just have " entrapment" all over it, or better yet.. does this appear to have "revenue for the city" stamped on it?!

www.daytondailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

This is ludicrous!! It's just yet another move towards a full on police state. Slowly but surely police are getting more and more rights to do what they please, to "keep us safe".

Nowadays, your guilty until proven innocent. Unless you get an expensive lawyer, your screwed. Americans, including myself, really need to start banding together in large numbers and hold our politicians feet to the fire.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurefireII

So this is what we have to look forward too? Cops able to decide your speed without the use of calibrated equipment? I thought the para-military clothes, and the "above the law" attitudes was enough, but now this?

Does this just have " entrapment" all over it, or better yet.. does this appear to have "revenue for the city" stamped on it?!

www.daytondailynews.com...

WHAT THE # has this got to do with the middle east you #ing troll
mods please delete this troll's thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

First thread..my bad~
BTW, suck it!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
About the article... I find this disturbing. As a former truck driver, Ohio is a crap state to drive through. On the other hand, the Ohio State Patrol are some of the most highly trained LE in the United States. Most LE agencies send some of their personnel to Ohio for training for a reason.

Still ... I don't like this. No, not one single bit.

---

@SurefireII: Now, that's no way to make friends. 'Suck It' ... how old are you, again? Play nice.

---

PS: Is there a reason this is in the Middle East forums? I just now realized that. What does this have to do with the Middle East? Find the proper forum before posting.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurefireII
reply to post by rationaluser

First thread..my bad~
BTW, suck it!

If this is your first thread.....

I can't wait for the next one!!!!!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

Para-military clothes? As far as i know the police wear police uniforms i am not sure where you get "pear-military" clothes from or "above the law" because the article was about the new law.

Really? Why don't you explain to all of us what you think entrapment means.

This thing is kind of silly and is not as bad as people are making it out to be. When it comes to court it without the aid of any real tools aside from the officers estimation it some cases it would be his word against yours. Like if you were going 40 in a 35 that would be hard to proove that an officers estimation was that accurate. But in most cases it does not take a radar gun to tell that a guy is going 50 in a 35 or 90 on the freeway.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by zaiger]

top topics

join