It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first iPad lookalike on sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

World's first iPad lookalike on sale

news.ninemsn.com.au

Apple might have sold two million of its new iPad tablet computers in less than two months, but it has a Chinese challenger - the iPed.

Apple's iPad is not even on sale yet in China but the iPed can be bought in Shenzhen in the country's south for almost a fifth of the price of the new Apple gadget.

The world's first iPad lookalike runs on Google's Android operating system and is apparently powered by an Intel chip.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk
www.foxnews.com
www.abs-cbnnews.com
www.jehzlau-concepts.com

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Kudos to Japanese media covering this lated iPad knockoff, the iPed.

Uncle Steve would be feeling pi**ed off about it...

If you had the cash, would you buy an iPad or an iPed?

The Chinese have a long history of producing cheap knockoffs of original products. This is no different.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

For some odd reason they also came out with the Ipedobear app for it.

I don't know about you, but I like it when countries like China rip off technology like this, to me it creates competition, seeing as how the IPad is probably made in China anyway.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

For some odd reason they also came out with the Ipedobear app for it.

I don't know about you, but I like it when countries like China rip off technology like this, to me it creates competition, seeing as how the IPad is probably made in China anyway.

Apple Inc. could find itself in deep-seated rivalry with the iPed's manufacturer, and they would be making fat bottom dollar profits while the poor Chinese workers toil at least 12 hours a day for 6 days a week assembling these high-tech toys.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Sad reality is, they probably will both be made at the same Chinese manufacturing plant by workers who are overworked and underpaid.

They will cost the same to produce, but apple will sell them for much more because of the name.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is interesting. Except for some possible patent violations on the case, everything else seems to be legitimate.

The name's similarity could be a cause of conflict.

As long as they have licenses for the software etc., what would be the problems, other than stated.

[edit on 2010/6/3 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join