It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US goals for cyberspace a new frontier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

US goals for cyberspace a new frontier

www.chinadaily.com.cn

BEIJING - The United States' move to gain military supremacy in cyber space may trigger a new arms race, observers said.

"It has already had the lead in conventional military and nuclear forces. Now it is expanding this advantage to be the leading force in new fields, such as electromagnetic space and outer space," said Peng Guangqian, a Beijing-based strategist.

One week ago, US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates announced the inception of the world's first comprehensive, multi-service military cyber operation, called US Cyber Command (CYBERCOM).

The announcement came only a few d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
A very interesting and perhaps telling article that I stumbled across and wanted to share .

The report went on to say ..... "Despite the US insisting CYBERCOM is mainly defensive, Meng said it "has raised a new challenge for China, and that is how to guard our national cyber security."

States other than the US have already been planning mechanisms to guard national cyber security, including Britain, France, Russia, the Republic of Korea and Israel, which already has a military cyber force. "

I know this topic makes its way to " our " MSM from time to time but rarely have I ever herd it reported on in quite this way .

Also found this pretty interesting .... " Song Xiaojun, a Beijing-based military strategist, told Chinese newspaper World News Journal that even if other countries join in the cyber arms race, they are not capable of competing with the US since it possesses the core technologies of the Internet. "

Seems there is a real " arm's race " going on and it seems that this Chinese report makes the claim that the U.S is way out in front ?

I wonder , why has " our " MSM never made the connection and called this an arm's race ? Depending on how one looks at this , it could be classified as an arms race .

And lastly , the report ended with .............. "Of all 13 Internet root servers in the world, 10 are in the US, including the only one main root server, according to a report of State Council Information Office in March this year.

In his National Security Strategy, Obama stressed the importance of cyber security, describing it as "one of most serious national securities", urging the US to "deter, prevent, detect, defend against and quickly recover from cyber intrusions and attacks."

Obama listed nuclear proliferation and threats in outer space, together with cyber threats, as the most serious national security risks. "

Seems that cyber war just may be the next big thing , and perhaps the most covert possible war of all time ?

I wonder , just where are these " 10 root servers " located in the U.S ?

www.chinadaily.com.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Bump
perhaps this report isn't as interesting as I had thought?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My most immediate thought when I read it was...

13 trillion $ in debt... err, can the US afford another arms race? ... Even if it is cyberspace

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7881b0ebd6cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9330699c198f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/201bd75f66c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Sry, had to.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

S&F

Interesting and important. ...I feel a rant coming on, am deep breathing, chanting "Oooohm."

Just remember - our government fronts for the international mega-corporations that are making their big moves now to establish Global Corporate Government. Check Trade Law to learn the terms that define your life.

Tryptych -
. Neuromancer was/is my favorite of Gibson's work. Downright prophetic, wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hi Max, I think it is quite interesting....but I may be bias because I work in IT

Here is everything you could want to know about the Root Servers. The core of the internet.

You may want to note that each server does not necessarily mean a single machine or rack. Many of these use mirroring technologies.

It is also interesting to note the H server being operated by the US Army Research Lab.

This core foothold in cyberspace will always ensure the USA's dominance.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If the Chinese are concerned, and understandably so, they should look into creating thier own information network independent of the one that the US controls.

Similar to how the Europeans created Magellan to compete against the US military GPS.

I think it will be only to humanities benefit to have several root net systems.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
Hi Max, I think it is quite interesting....but I may be bias because I work in IT

Here is everything you could want to know about the Root Servers. The core of the internet.

You may want to note that each server does not necessarily mean a single machine or rack. Many of these use mirroring technologies.

It is also interesting to note the H server being operated by the US Army Research Lab.

This core foothold in cyberspace will always ensure the USA's dominance.

I don't consider DNS to be core or even important to the internet it can easily be replaced and/or worked around about the only thing it offers is convenience.

If that's not enough there are already DNS alternatives out there now so the US only controls the internet in it's own deluded mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
why are the mention of "magnetics" associated with cybercom?

new topics

top topics

join