It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Cigarettes - Check This Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I quit smoking and went onto Lozenges, but now I’m addicted to the lozenges...

My view is that no device of nicotine replacement will help quite nicotine addiction other than cold turkey and will power.

These devices are amazing however and are most defiantly better for you than smoking regular cigarettes...

Though I am willing to bet my ATS account that these devices are not healthy or completely risk free.

Any substance you inhale ultimately pollutes your lungs. I very much doubt there has been enough time to ascertain the safety of these electronic atomizers.

Remember back in the 40's and 50's Cigarettes were considered safe, with no concern or knowledge of illnesses such as cancer etc...

I plan to stop my lozenges as soon as I have finished this pack. I will report on my success here

All the best people,

Korg.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I need to make a few additional points here about these devices.

If your goal is to quit nicotine, these devices CAN indeed help you.

There is no law that says you must smoke nicotine laced e-juice.

People who are trying to quit can, just like the patch, reduce the level of nicotine in the juice until it gets down to zero. You can buy zero nicotine e-juice. In fact many people smoke this just for the flavor.

The device has several benefits:

1. No tar or carcinogenics.

2. No odor.

3. It can be used anywhere.

4. It can help with the psychological need to preform the act of smoking. The addiction to smoking has several parts, only one of which is the actual nicotine. This is why gum and patches don't work consistently.

Former US Congressman Matt Salmon speaks on electronic cigarettes.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've been using one of these for 2 years now. It's great. I love to smoke, this is a much less dangerous alternative.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I bought this whole E cig value package for Xmas last yr for my husband..... I was sick of nagging him to stop smoking. He tried them out for a few weeks, but never really stopped smoking real cigarettes. Now he doesn't even smoke the E cigarettes anymore at all.

Moral of the story..... the smoker has to WANT to quit.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
I bought this whole E cig value package for Xmas last yr for my husband..... I was sick of nagging him to stop smoking. He tried them out for a few weeks, but never really stopped smoking real cigarettes. Now he doesn't even smoke the E cigarettes anymore at all.

Moral of the story..... the smoker has to WANT to quit.

Yeah, as with anything, it takes a modicum of willpower.

However, I have to say I did the same thing myself.

I tried el-cheapo e-cigs and found them to be lacking so I went back to smoking normal cigarettes. It wasn't until I tried the Tornado that I found an e-cig that really did the job for me.

With the tornado and some good e-juice, you really can quit.

The right e-cig and the right e-juice make all the difference.

For 100 bucks you can get two tornados and a pile of quality e-juice. I think its well worth the price paid if it leads one to quit smoking.

Trust me, I'm not getting paid to make these claims. If I thought they were a bunch of garbage I wouldn't be on here saying they worked.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have been using E-cigs or PV's (personal vaporizers) for about a year and a half now. That Tornado looks pretty cool. I have a Janty stick for home use, batteries for it are cheap bout 4 bucks a pop and last me a few months each. At work I have a 801 pen style pass-through that gets it's power from my usb on my puter. I can puff on that thing all day and no one could even tell, until I told them what it was and got permission to use it at work since there is no smell and basically the only thing your exhaling is water vapor. Here is a great site anyone about thinking about checking these things out should start: www.e-cigarette-forum.com... There is a lot of good info there.. Like I said I have been analog free for almost 2 years now and am slowly lowering my nic level to eventually be down to 0% nicotine juice and eventually just stop.

I was a smoker for almost 25 years, at least a pack of Marb reds a day until I found e-cigs, I think they are a great healthier alternative.. For the original poster, try some different juice, I found Johnson Creek to be very thin and not all that flavorfull. I get my juice from PureSmoker or MyVaporStore, alot better juice then J.C. IMHO... Vape on my friend, welcome to a healthier life!!!

Take care and be safe...~Lane

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Lane75]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As a recent non smoker though if co workers were to use the Ecigs,
then they would be calm, happy, and productive, compared to those on the jones for ciggie break...

Not to mention not getting numbonya from
the 6 month canadian smoke break ice box wind tunnel we call outside.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lane75

Yeah I got a lot of my information from the e-cig forum you linked.

Its a great resource of information.

I thought I'd put together this post on here to highlight some of the new gear that has come out and provide my opinions on what I think would be good for new smokers to try.

A lot of people still don't know about these products which is a shame.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I bought my first e-cig today, and cannot help but wonder over your prizes?

The 808 was 25 euros, a pack of 5 cartomizers just under 6 euros. 5ml of ejuice just under 3 euros.

These are the prices of some of the best gear out there (model and manufacturer), i did thorough research before placing my order.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
These e-cigs are a godsend for any smokers out there!

I have not even thought about smoking a regular tobacco after i got my electronic one.

The only downside is that it actually tastes so good that it is easy to start using much more nicotine than by smoking. Thankfully there are e-juices that contain no nicotine

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I personally tried this a few days ago and really it wasn't a pleasant experience...just quit it the tradional way.never put it in your mouth again if you really wish to quit...It left me with an unpleasant flavor for 2 days...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I realized yesterday that the State of Oregon has BANNED E Ciggarettes....

I mean WTF.

They didn't ban ciggarettes and yet bans E Ciggarettes????

Government, Get out of my way.

<< 1   >>

join