It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True email excerpts showing the mind of a fundamentalist Christian towards modern Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
reply to post by soleprobe

Forgive my ignorance on Jewish doctrine.

However, God will spare the Jews even though they don't believe in Christ -yet.

I'm rather ignorant with regards to Jewish doctrine myself except I know through past discussions with Jewish folks that there are some huge differences.

What I find very interesting is that the Jews seem to get a pass from Christians "even though they don't believe in Christ - yet." The Jews are getting a pass because Christians believe that they will believe in Christ in the future so they can be excused for their ignorance. Like the Jews just aint smart enough to figure this out yet. On the other hand the gentiles, like the Palestinians, don’t get this “yet” pass from Christians simply because of their ethnicity. Could a belief such as this cultivate racism in the unsuspecting believer? When my friend said in his email, “…a bunch of people who call themselves ‘Palestinians’… the “bunch of people” is not a very respectful label to put on any nation of people.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Attempting to debate jesus freaks using facts and intelligence is useless. They are mentally incapable of understanding rational thought.

It's easier just to point and laugh at them for actually believing a giant invisible man exists in the sky.

Wow, with a name like brainwrek, you call Jesus freaks mentally
incapable of understanding rational thought. That was well thought out.
Just point and laugh? You will get to see who has the last laugh one day.
Back on topic now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I fail to see what you mean by that. please elaborate.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I fail to see what you mean by that. please elaborate.

Do you mean elaborate on what I said about the Jews getting a pass by Christians for their disbelief and not the gentiles simply because of their ethnicity? Well I don't think I can elaborate much more except that I would like to know if this is what most Christians think, or just a small fraction think this way? They obviously believe this because of what they've been taught from the interpretation of the scriptures... But can any Christians let me know if they think this is a prevailing view among Christians?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

You may want to edit your post, to hide that email address. No matter how much you disagree with that person,it still isn't right to broadcast their email-address.

--airspoon

reply to post by boondock-saint

Please don't take offense to my post up top. I meant not to offend anyone. I do respect other people's right to worship god in which ever way they choose (or not worship at all), however I don't respect those who feel the need to impose their god on me. My post up top was not a generalization of all Christians, Jews or Muslims but rather the ones who feel the need to impose their ignorance on me.

One of my main pet-peeves is when people cite the bible as their basis for being on the right side of an issue, with someone who does not subscribe to their beliefs.

I have no problems with anyone who lives life through faith or faith alone, however my problem lies with those who feel that their faith should dictate my own choices. I really have problems with those Christians who preach against Islam for what they perceive to be extremism, while completely ignoring their own extremism.

No matter which side of the debate you may be on in regards to Israel, I think we could all agree that it is wrong to force American tax-payers to pay for the actions that take place there. Basically, my labor and existence is funding terror, regardless of what the Palestinians may do and just because someone interprets the bible as being okay with it, doesn't make it right.

--airspoon

reply to post by Mr.Jcury

Jewish propaganda from me? If you read my posts, you'll find that I do not stand with Israel and therefore I do not propagate their slander.

--airspoon

Friend, I was not talking about you. I was referring to the thread.

Email? Really? What is the point of this thread? To show us that Christians are to blame for the actions of Israel? Or that they think alike?

I will probably be labeled as an anti-Semite.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The real problem is that a lot of people who hold significant positions of power around the world are Religious fundamentalists. It is worrying that the Bible (or any other religious texts) are still being used to make and justify political decisions in the 21st century. How anyone believes that a man in the sky has chosen land for chosen people is beyond me.

It's not the text that is the problem honestly. It is the ones interpreting to the people what the texts say.

They look over the fact that even in English, the bible proclaims that God gives honor to NO MAN as ALL are his, meaning ALL ARE HIM..."The living God" who said "Let US make man in our image". I am the image of my mom and dad who were the images of their moms and dads, an unbroken chain from the beginning till right now so that only one is begotten ever...the living one who is them, us, we, all, everything living in whom the breath of life is.

Jew from Judah means "Celebrated" which is usually what parents do upon the arrival of a newborn...."the feet on the mountaintops who bring good tidings" of a "new generation" or "Pass over" as the life in someone isn't expended, but passed to a new generation..."the house of god".

Heaven in the old testament is the place between the ground and the sky, where your head is your thrown and the earth is your foot stool.

This person defending Israel's "right" to murder people does not speak from the bible, they speak from an English translation, which is expressly forbidden for this very reason. No one is to make translation of the word...EVER.

The Hebrew words and Greek tell a story that is completely different from what any English translation will ever show you.

It is not hidden, it's just not seen, because people would rather follow someone translating the info, then learning for themselves...."one by one" "here a little there a little" "Line upon line and precept upon precept".

The word is clear, people are not, but then again that is why the mark of the cross is placed over them.

"Nothing like Christians in Christian dior"

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer

Originally posted by brainwrek
Attempting to debate jesus freaks using facts and intelligence is useless. They are mentally incapable of understanding rational thought.

It's easier just to point and laugh at them for actually believing a giant invisible man exists in the sky.

Wow, with a name like brainwrek, you call Jesus freaks mentally
incapable of understanding rational thought. That was well thought out.
Just point and laugh? You will get to see who has the last laugh one day.
Back on topic now.

I've read that Jesus became angry at the money changers in the temple. I've read that Jesus became astonished at what little faith his disciples had. I've read that Jesus said, "He who is with out sin cast the first stone". I've read Jesus said, "Forgive them father for they know not what they do", but I have never read about Jesus taunting unbelievers with "I'll get the last laugh".

Do you seek to save your life, because you haven't lost it for his sake?
Even Peter was called Satan by Christ, are you above Peter?

Rethink, known to you as "Repent" the "Kingdom" is at hand.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Jcury
Email? Really? What is the point of this thread? To show us that Christians are to blame for the actions of Israel? Or that they think alike?

I will probably be labeled as an anti-Semite.

Yes... it's an email... it really is. Regarding the point... I've already clearly stated the point... to get the views of Christians regarding the email to see if this is a prevailing view among Christians or is it a minority view.

And I label no one with "anti" this or “anti” that for their views but that's not to say others on this forum will not.

<< 1   >>

join