It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True email excerpts showing the mind of a fundamentalist Christian towards modern Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was accidentally sent an email correspondence from a Christian friend I know which was replying to someone else who was emailing him a request to boycott Israel for their “Cast Lead” operation in Gaza in December 2008.

The following are excerpts from that email correspondence I will share with this forum in order to shed some light on the mind of the North American Christian fundamentalists and why they staunchly support Israel even more than most Jews

Excerpts from the first email reply to the boycott:

“I don't know who you are, but I do not want your e-mails. … you will learn that Israel is His chosen portion among the nations and that you have been a fool for taking the side of those who possess an eternal hatred for the Israeli people. They have demonstrated their hatred clearly by their constant barrage of rocket attacks on the Israeli people and on the land that God gave to the nation of Israel.”

Excerpts from the second email reply to the boycott:

“He also says in the Bible that He Himself will judge the inhabitants of Gaza and kill the vast majority of them for their wickedness. This will be done by Christ Himself at His return. Only the few among the Gazans who repent of their wickedness and forsake Allah, who forsake their hatred for the Israeli people, and follow the true God, the God of Israel, will be given the rewards of the righteous. However He will plant Israel in the land that He has promised them and they shall never more be moved. See Amos 1:6-10; Zephaniah 2:4-5; Zechariah 9:1-8; Jeremiah 47:1-7; Ezekiel 25:15-17; Amos 9:14-15.”

“The people who live in Gaza today are the descendants of the Philistines, and yes they have been living there for thousands of years, but because of their wickedness God gave the land to another people - Israel. God gave the land to the descendants of Jacob (Israel), not to a bunch of people who call themselves "Palestinians". Genesis 13:14-17; 15:1-21; 17:1-22; 26:2-5; 28:3-4.”

“When you send me such rubbish as you have, do not be surprised that I send you such a reply to your wicked efforts of spreading hatred against the modern nation of "Israel" via the Internet.”

Well folks… The real problem may not be the mindset of the Jews towards the State of Israel but that of the Christian fundamentalists

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It's amazing how some people can be so ignorant and it is frustrating when they insist that their ignorance is 100 percent correct, while logic and reason have to be thrown out of the window. All because of a book written thousands of years ago (on average) and then compiled by a bunch of men with a motive to control. These are the type of people that are the real extremists and I find their existence far more dangerous than any one suicide bomber. While a suicide bomber may work alone or even with a small group, these extremist Christians work together, through their own brand of ignorance to spread much more destruction. It's as if they empower their ignorance through a collective to reign much more terror than could be imagined by any conventional "terrorist" group, as we know them today. Unfortunately, while the rest of the planet advances in strides, these fundamentalists will stay held back by their reluctance to deny ignorance and what's even more sad, is that they will do their best to hold everyone back with them. Tools!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

May all who war for invisible beings, become invisible.

"So saith the Shepard, So saith the flock"....Porkys

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It would be nice to get some opinions from some Christians on this forum ... I know there are many Christian denominations and I wonder if most share this view

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Attempting to debate jesus freaks using facts and intelligence is useless. They are mentally incapable of understanding rational thought.

It's easier just to point and laugh at them for actually believing a giant invisible man exists in the sky.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
no offense to the OP
but I find it very difficult to believe
this is a credible source of info from
a fundamental Christian.

I myself am a fundamental Christian
There seems to be some truths mixed with
lies in that piece. That makes it all
suspect in my opinion.

And I don't have anything against the
Jewish people. But their govs leaders and policies
are an entirely different matter.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
no offense to the OP
but I find it very difficult to believe
this is a credible source of info from
a fundamental Christian.

I understand. I didn't want to post the whole correspondence because of length but here it is with the headings with dates except I have omitted my friends email but left the email of the original sender:

To: xxxxx
Subject: Fw: Boycott Israel Now!
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:44:12 -0800

Finally, something we can do!!

I have been saying this for years - we MUST vote with our dollars - send a clear message that we DO NOT support genocide!!!

PLEASE, BOYCOTT THESES INSANE PERVEYORS OF MASS-MURDER, NOW!!!!!!

(You can start by NOT going to Starbucks for that $5 cup of non-fair-trade Coffee!! Instead, support your local coffee shops!!)

First Reply:

Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:22 PM
Subject: RE: Boycott Israel Now!

I don't know who you are, but I do not want your e-mails. Stop sending them to me.
The day that we will all appear before Jesus Christ at the judgement, you will learn that Israel is His chosen portion among the nations and that you have been a fool for taking the side of those who posess an eternal hatred for the Israeli people. They have demonstrated their hatred clearly by their constant barrage of rocket attacks on the Israeli people and on the land that God gave to the nation of Israel.
You go ahead and keep being a hater of Israel and a lover of those who hate Israel. You will see where that gets you on the day you are judged.

Response to First Reply

To: xxxxx
Subject: Re: Boycott Israel Now!
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:55:23 -0800

If you honestly beleive that JC condones this horse# (genocide against all non-jews, by Isreal), then you are completely brainwashed and INDEED, will be SEVERLEY, judged on Judgement day!!!!
Wake up John! ANY group of murderers who hide behind the label of "Gods Chosen" or who claim that God condones the slaughter of all non-jews, is blatently evil. PERIOD!!!!
By the way, while the word isreal (small "i"), may mean "God's Chosen", Isreal (capital "i"), is a State - albeit an illeagel one - and does not give them the right to mass-murder the folks they STOLE the land from...HELLO???? (How convenient that they named it Isreal - to suck in all the bible-believers!!!)
Please, these creeps do not need any help from you so-called Christians! And if your God condons murder & meyhem, THEN, YOIU DO NOT HAVE A GOD OF LIGHT & LOVE (the Creator), and you may keep him!!!

Cheers
Wes

Response to second Reply

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 1:02 AM
Subject: RE: Boycott Israel Now!

Wes,

You correctly call Him the Creator. That means that He and only He is able to give life and also has the right to take life when He chooses to do so. He has taken life many times. He once sent a flood upon a whole world for their wickedness. The proof of a worldwide flood is around us as over 90% of all surface rock is sedimentary (formed by large amounts of water pressing down on the sediment that settles below it), not igneous or metamorphic. Go ahead and scoff at this if you wish to. The proof is all around us, over the whole surface of the entire planet. The highest and most recent stratas of rock are of this type and they are formed only in this fashion.
When God Himself takes life according to His righteous judgement, will you be so insolent as to accuse Him of genocide? He also says in the Bible that He Himself will judge the inhabitants of Gaza and kill the vast majority of them for their wickedness. This will be done by Christ Himself at His return. Only the few among the Gazans who repent of their wickedness and forsake Allah, who forsake their hatred for the Israeli people, and follow the true God, the God of Israel

[edit on 3-6-2010 by soleprobe]

edited to remove personal info

[edit on 3-6-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
previous email continued:

....will be given the rewards of the righteous. However He will plant Israel in the land that He has promised them and they shall never more be moved. See Amos 1:6-10; Zephaniah 2:4-5; Zechariah 9:1-8; Jeremiah 47:1-7; Ezekiel 25:15-17; Amos 9:14-15. Look it up and learn what the Almighty says, and buy yourself a Bible if you don't have one.
By the way, there is no such ethnic group as "Palestinians". Palestine is a region. That area was renamed "Palestina" by the Romans as an insult to the nation of Judah after they had defeated them. The word "Palestine" does not pertain to any ethnic group. In even fairly recent history all the inhabitants of the land were referred to as "Palestinians", Jews included. The people who live in Gaza today are the descendants of the Philistines, and yes they have been living there for thousands of years, but because of their wickedness God gave the land to another people - Israel. God gave the land to the descendants of Jacob (Israel), not to a bunch of people who call themselves "Palestinians". Genesis 13:14-17; 15:1-21; 17:1-22; 26:2-5; 28:3-4.
We will see if the Most High God is Yahweh or if he is Allah. That will be made evident to all when Jesus Christ returns and every knee will bow down before Him, whether they like it or not. Jesus Christ will fight for Israel when He returns and He will Himself defeat the armies of all nations that will be gathered against Jerusalem at that time. Zechariah 14:1-21.
When you send me such rubbish as you have, do not be surprised that I send you such a reply to your wicked efforts of spreading hatred against the modern nation of "Israel" via the internet. You have chosen to be at odds with The Almighty's expressed correct view of the situation. The scriptures above show that very clearly. This is a very foolish stance on your behalf. Especially considering that with a name such a Wes, you are most likely an Israelite yourself, of one of the tribes of the Northern Kingdom of Israel in dispersion.

John

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Snif snif!
I smell Jewish propaganda

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The real problem is that a lot of people who hold significant positions of power around the world are Religious fundamentalists. It is worrying that the Bible (or any other religious texts) are still being used to make and justify political decisions in the 21st century. How anyone believes that a man in the sky has chosen land for chosen people is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You may want to edit your post, to hide that email address. No matter how much you disagree with that person,it still isn't right to broadcast their email-address.

--airspoon

reply to post by boondock-saint

Please don't take offense to my post up top. I meant not to offend anyone. I do respect other people's right to worship god in which ever way they choose (or not worship at all), however I don't respect those who feel the need to impose their god on me. My post up top was not a generalization of all Christians, Jews or Muslims but rather the ones who feel the need to impose their ignorance on me.

One of my main pet-peeves is when people cite the bible as their basis for being on the right side of an issue, with someone who does not subscribe to their beliefs.

I have no problems with anyone who lives life through faith or faith alone, however my problem lies with those who feel that their faith should dictate my own choices. I really have problems with those Christians who preach against Islam for what they perceive to be extremism, while completely ignoring their own extremism.

No matter which side of the debate you may be on in regards to Israel, I think we could all agree that it is wrong to force American tax-payers to pay for the actions that take place there. Basically, my labor and existence is funding terror, regardless of what the Palestinians may do and just because someone interprets the bible as being okay with it, doesn't make it right.

--airspoon

reply to post by Mr.Jcury

Jewish propaganda from me? If you read my posts, you'll find that I do not stand with Israel and therefore I do not propagate their slander.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Attempting to debate jesus freaks using facts and intelligence is useless. They are mentally incapable of understanding rational thought.

It's easier just to point and laugh at them for actually believing a giant invisible man exists in the sky.

Ha-ha that made me laugh like feek.

I shall refrain from criticising Christians of this mindset. Of course I feel they are Deluding themselves. My own brother is a hard liner and as much as I respect his views I have no evidence to join the crew.

Personal experience has taught me to have an open mind, some strange sheet has happened to me I can not explain. The idea of life after death is intriguing and I do believe there is more to come.

Yet as funny as Brainwreks sarcasm is - He make a valid point. An almighty being that will destroy nations and commit genocide...eh Crazy to say the least.

Sad state of affairs that so many minds have been corrupted by ignorance and the grand illusion.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well... I had to delete the text of my last message because it was in response to a post that wasn't for me... I don't know if there's a way to delete entire posts but anyways....

I did not post the above email correspondence to knock Christians... I myself believe Jesus.... One of the reasons I posted this correspondence was to try and shed some light on something that may be a strong contributor to the reason the US government, and Canadian government for that matter, is able to sustain the current relationship with the state if Israel…

Another reason why I posted this email correspondence was that I was hoping that the views in that email are not popular among Christians and a few Christians in this forum could educate me on this regard…

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

PROBLEM? The "real" ?PROBLEM?

I teach my students that to know whether a thing is good/bad; better/worse; etc.

one needs to know 3 things:

1. What is the related goal?
2. What is the criteria or standard of measure which informs one that the goal has been reached?
3. What is the context?

That is applicable to determining whether something is a "problem," or not, too.

I have read nothing in your post--though I might have missed it--which articulates TO ME what you think the related GOAL is.

IF the goal is to erase Israel and give it's postage stamp piece of land to the Arabs . . . THEN perhaps your assumptions might fit to some degree . . . for a brief while.

. . .
. . .

. . .

however, at some point, we'd run into the BIGGER PROBLEM OF

CONTEXT.

IF THE CONTEXT IS THAT THERE IS AN ALMIGHTY GOD

WHO HAS DECLARED ACCURATELY HIS

SENTIMENTS REGARDING HIS PROMISES TO HIS BUDDY ABRAHAM

ABOUT GOD'S AFFECTIONS FOR THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB . . .

THEN THAT CHANGES THINGS

A LOT.

Lots of people in our era seem to enjoy rebellion, throwing sand in God's face by trashing His priorities and preferences and chosen folks . . . etc.

They will have sway for at least 3.5-7 years or so yet.

Lots of folks on ATS seem to think it's accepted, confirmed reality that God either doesn't exist or is out to lunch or some such.

And . . . Someone is continuing to play out rope to them.

At some point, the chickens will come home to roost and the curtain will raise on the finale.

THEN we shall see whether GOD ALMIGHTY exalts Israel or trashes her.

The wise know which side to be on.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
It would be nice to get some opinions from some Christians on this forum ... I know there are many Christian denominations and I wonder if most share this view

I'm a Christian, and to be honest, I do believe that the Nation of Israel is a chosen by God, but that doesn't mean they can't operate in a non-violent way. Yes, Israel does get a lot of pressure from other Nations who oppose it, but in these recent raids (which I admittedly don't know much about) on the foreign aide reaching Gaza, I really don't believe that's right, nor is that what my God would want.

Jesus preached a message of social justice and equality. He asked us to care for those who weren't as fortunate as us. By blocking aide to another country, is Israel helping anyone but themselves? Definitely not.

However, Jews don't believe in Jesus the same way us Christians do, so there is a slight difference. Love is the selfless regard for others. I don't believe that what Israel is doing is selfless, and I don't believe they need to be harming others in the way they are currently doing.

Just because we believe that they are God's chosen people, doesn't mean that they are justified to do whatever they want. In fact, they should be acting more benevolent and loving than any other nation if they want to set a good example.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

However, Jews don't believe in Jesus the same way us Christians do, so there is a slight difference.

(Home)Country, thanks for your views as a Christian... I believe Jesus myself and he did teach to "love thy neighbor" and I don't think it was conditional.

When you say that their is a slight difference in the way that Jews believe in Jesus from that of Christians.... well if Christians really believe that the differences are merely "slight" this may be a big part of the problem. In reality the differences are major: many religious Jews think that Jesus was a renegade, a fraud, or didn't exist at all where as Christians believe he's the Savior, Messiah and God, and many think he was also the God of Abraham in the Old Testament as well. Also, Christians believe that it absolutely essential to believe that Jesus was and is the Christ to be saved... so how can they be so supportive of a people who do not believe in their God (Jesus) and thus, according to their teachings, WILL NOT BE SAVED?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This kind of isn't that bad. I don't really see a problem here. The only problem may be his hatred towards Palestinians, as opposed to the right Christian way, which is to try and change them in honest discussions.

So he's kind of wrong. There is some logic in what he says. Misguided, but still. I really fail to see the controversy when other preachers are doing and saying far worst, like Pat Robertson.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

It was said, to paraphrase:

"Christ is a stumbling block to the Jews".... There's a good argument for it also to be said, "The Jews are a stumbling block to the Christians."

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Forgive my ignorance on Jewish doctrine, as I really don't know much about it. I will admit that I used the term "slight" as an understatement. Jews in fact mostly do not believe in Jesus Christ the same way we do, and that is in fact a big difference. However, it is stated by Paul in Romans that the Jews have been "blinded" (however it has been done in the past) to the salvation of Jesus Christ so that the gentiles (non-Jews) may find truth. However, God will spare the Jews even though they don't believe in Christ -yet.

However, I'm not a theologist so I'm not too well versed in the differences. But it is important to note that the children of Abraham are important to God, but that doesn't mean they can be unethical and savage.

[edit on 123030p://444 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
You may want to edit your post, to hide that email address. No matter how much you disagree with that person,it still isn't right to broadcast their email-address.

--airspoon

Hi airspoon... as I said before I posted the entire email correspondence... I omitted my friend's email but I left the email of the original sender... the reason why I left the email of the original sender was because he was sending that email to promote a cause: to boycott Israel. Also, anyone can email the original sender to verify that this correspondence actually took place

top topics

<<   2 >>

join