It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP drops diamond saw; 'top hat' plan back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

BP drops diamond saw; 'top hat' plan back

www.cnn.com

Venice, Louisiana (CNN) -- BP has abandoned its original plan to use a diamond wire cutter that its engineers had hoped would cleanly cut the riser pipe spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico. It will instead use a more effective, if less precise, cutter, the federal government's point man on the disaster said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My apologies if this has already been posted. I did a search nothing came up, oddly enough.

So BP is scrapping the diamond cutter saw..and going back to "top-hat" ?? I really hope they have perfected the procedure.. I think it's time BP admits they just can't get the job done. If they admitted it, maybe they would earn what little respect they have left..

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: to remove "back in play" cnn LOVES to change the titles of their articles often.

Edit 2: to change "abandons" to "drops" *sigh*

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
1 bump for this one.... Then no more.

Either A: People are too distracted by Israel to care?

B: The intrest in the consistant failures by BP has faded?

C: This article totally blows and nobody thinks it's significant?

D: People are sick of hearing about BP.

Or E: It was common knowledge WAY before this was posted and I'm in the dark.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I didn't know..
thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It's becoming obvious that BP is using trial and error. It's almost like they're purposely screwing up. Soon storm swells will shut them down anyway.

Our government's absence is obvious.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sorry about your thread. I think everyone has BP burnout. I live in Louisiana and I can hardly bear to do more than skim the daily updates on the gusher. It makes life unbearable, because I think that we are seeing an extinction level event unfold very slowly. It is kinda like the frogs and boiling water analogy, I think.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sadly, I don't see them fixing this before a hurricane hits. Everything thus far has been fail after fail, and they still have no realistic plan to fix it before they can finish the relief in august. Just cross you fingers for a calm hurricane season.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
When something that sounds as cool as 'robots with diamond saws' can't get the job done, you know things are really bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If the diamond saw did not work they need to use a linear shaped charge.

www.mondial-defence.com...

A linear shaped charge could cut the pipe as good as or better then the saw and do it in a millisecond.

All they would need to do is shape the charge around a pipe on the surface so that it would fit and add some magnets to hold it in place.

Then have one of the robot subs put in in place a fire it.

new topics

top topics

join