It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Israel right to intercept aid flotilla

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Biden: Israel right to intercept aid flotilla

rawstory.com

Vice President Joe Biden, in a tv interview Wednesday, said that Israel had the right to stop an aid flotilla en route to Gaza that was intercepted by Israeli forces and resulted in the deaths of several activists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well there you have it people , Israel was correct in what they did , so says the VP .
The article went on to say .... " Biden pointed out that Israel had given pro-Palestinian activists the option of unloading their cargo at the Ashdod port, and offered to bring it to the Gaza Strip on their behalf.
"They've said, 'Here you go. You're in the Mediterranean. This ship -- if you divert slightly north you can unload it and we'll get the stuff into Gaza,'", he said. "So what's the big deal here?"

This type of thing will continue and world condemnation will continue to grow and the U.S will stand alone in its support of Israel . And if we are to see another middle east war involving Israel things such as this attack on the " aid flotilla " will isolate Israel as well as the U.S not only against a handful of M.E countries but the rest of the world as well .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Great article!

Biden speaks sense.

He has simplified this event for what it was.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Of course Biden is just following on from the past...
What would you expect him to say????

Quote I think from 2008 During Obama campaign but could be wrong.

“If I were a Jew, I would be a Zionist. I am a Zionist. You don’t have to be a Jew to be a Zionist.”

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
LEGALLY? ... they Did - based upon the Oslo Accords.

NOW, before you bite my head off, nail me to a cross, or hang me by my toes ... do the necessary research. (!)

Did Either "side" exercise good, proper or Sound judgement Throughout? Hardly!

Me?
The Israelis used this as an Opportunity to demonstrate, "We mean business" ... however, seemingly and blatantly Overt their "response(s)" are/were/may appear to be.

The "peaceful" activists used this as a concerted effort to "demonstrate" their "altruistic" efforts being Stymied by their supposed "Oppressors" once again ... in a planned and organized fashion.

Nothing says "headline news" better that just That, "Headline News"

All the while people died and/or were killed outright and unnecessarily!, no matter.

This stuff needs to stop, before the whole situation escalates to much Broader confrontations, with neither "side" being "apparently aware" with regards the potentially catastrophic outcome(s) of their actions, efforts and lines drawn.

Personally,
I'd rather see stymied efforts at stalemated bargaining tables, as opposed to an outright "enough's enough" unleashing of either or both side's arsenals.

?

Hopefully, in the end, cooler heads will prevail.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
dupe post removed

[edit on 3-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I did post in the other big thread what Israel could have done, given that they had weeks of notice that this was happening.

You can go check but I'm sure you get my point.

Israel got the outcome they had weeks to prepare for.

Plain and simple unless you think Israeli intellegence is totally stupid..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Joe Biden is a Bidenist. He's more fanatic about Zionism than a Zionist. Why should the activists have gone up aginst what they they knew was a blockade, anyway? It's international waters , but they knew what they were doing. They knew publicity would come, it seems more like a stunt. Not trying to justify either side, I'm just saying it was like Godzilla vs Floatilla the Hun.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

I did post in the other big thread what Israel could have done, given that they had weeks of notice that this was happening.

You can go check but I'm sure you get my point.

Plain and simple unless you think Israeli intellegence is totally stupid..

I tend to agree and I will go one furthur , there is no peace in the M.E because " they " don't want peace , not yet anyway .

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Agreed

Whats more dangerous than a Zionist???

Someone that isn't but wants to be....aka, Joe Biden by his own words.

Or maybe he just knows who he needs to impress and it aint the American public.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
what Israel could have done, given that they had weeks of notice that this was happening.

I've no "favorite" nor "dog" in this race/fight whatsoever. They both USED this situation as an Opportunity, in my opinion. (?)

No matter the mention of Israel having "weeks of notice", those organizing the flotilla had the same warnings and time period to ascertain what they would possibly and most likely be subjected to.

As far as the eventual outcome, I'd say that goes 50/50 as well .. though, it Still doesn't make it "Right" for either.

Both seemed bound and determined to make their will known, no matter.

In this case, to the point where if people must die to make a point .. so be it.

... and you get what we have here. (?)

One extreme versus another, with Both knowing full-well ahead of time the potential consequences.

It's not "Right" but it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Hey

I'm in Australia and a day or two ago the mainstream news was broadcasting Hillary Clinton stating that the situation in the ME was 'unacceptable'.

I wonder if anyone in the US can enlighten me as to whether or not she was actually responding to the flotilla 'incident' or if it was simply a soundbite from something else?

I ask, because it kind of seems like what Biden is saying is in direct contrast to what Clinton has been shown as saying.

Cheers,
VA

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Verum Astrum

I found this in an Iranian paper ....

"The United States continued to tread carefully in public on Tuesday -- expressing regret about the deaths but not condemning Israel's actions. Behind the scenes, administration officials pressed Israel to make sure the incident is not repeated, especially with a new aid ship heading for the besieged coastal strip within days.
Israeli ambassador, Michael B. Oren and national security adviser Uzi Arad spent four hours in meetings Tuesday at the White House, including a session with James L. Jones, President Obama's national security adviser. The meetings focused on how to contain the immediate diplomatic fallout from the raid, which has endangered the push for sanctions against Iran and peace efforts in the Middle East, The Washington Post said on Wednesday.
The discussions also explored ways for future humanitarian deliveries to reach Gaza without jeopardizing Israel's security, a White House official said. Behind the White House's message was a sense within the administration that Israel's approach toward upholding its blockade is unworkable over the long term, and the focus now is on preventing another deadly raid at sea.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton told Defense Minister Ehud Barak during a phone conversation that "we should be extremely cautious in both what we say and what we do in coming days, "

www.iran-daily.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
When a warmonger murders people who are trying to bring aid to the innocent people who are suffering because of the actions of that warmonger, that makes the warmonger even more wrong and even more evil than they already are, if possible.

It makes no difference who does it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just a question to everyone: Does anyone feel that ships have the right to port there without Israel having the right to inspect?
I kind of don’t get it…..

What if a flotilla from Mexico came up to Texas…..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I couldn't agree with you less....

Yes they both new what was coming to some extent as in they both expected a confontation.

Israel's response was a Night Time raid to cause panic and confussion amongst sleeping passengers with the sole purpose of causing the fracas that ensued.

The passengers expected a confrontation in daylight so were taken unawares in International waters as opposed to an assault after they had crossed into Israel's assumed territory....

Ways a normal military would have handled it, all in daylight I might add.

1) Block their passage using larger navy vessels.

2) Use sound or water cannons.

3) Dissable the ships electronically or mechanically.

I will repeat...Israel got the planned outcome they wanted, dead protesters.
In my eyes there is NO debate unless again you think the Israeli military ane totally incompetent, and I dont think they are...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Well they kinda do , but its called a landtilla .

And as far as I know the U.S hasn't started shooting as of yet ?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Actually that is happening and the US response??

Give them free medical, voting rights and tax free jobs...

Your next brilliant question is?????

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Well they kinda do , but its called a landtilla .

And as far as I know the U.S hasn't started shooting as of yet ?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Max_TO]

Well outside of Az...hehe

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Since when has it become illegal to protest?

That, surely, is a civil right.

One more thing we are losing.

And everyone seems to have overlooked the fact that these people were extremely brave.

They laid their lives on the line, and some lost.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join