It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flotilla Weapons shown by Israel taken in 2006-03?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's not really proof that these pictures are old. It can simply mean that whoever took the pictures was too slack to ever set the date on the cameras.

IRM

Agreed.
How many ATS members have set their camcorders, digital cameras, or video equipment. Heck, just check your computer to see if you have the correct time and date.
Star 4 U.

My many cameras are all set to correct time and date. And I'm not even a crime scene investigator! Not having the correct time is really counterproductive even to an amateur photographer (makes it hard to sort pics and ascertain location and time). I do believe that the EXIF data shown is real.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Right in the middle of the centre right picture is a fluorescent tube . . .

I wonder how many Israeli Commandos where beaten to a pulp with that evil instrument of doom?

And they label an angle grinder as an electric saw . . .

And, as pointed out, the info on these pictures indicates most were taken in '03 and '06.

And there is not a single gun or any other real weapon to be seen.

Actually we should screenshot this page. How long before the Liars start editing the picture info?

Well done Kailissa. Israel has lost their minds.

If Israeli commandos had such a hard time with these "weapons," maybe they need to go back to basic training.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh my... now I see why that American citizen was shot FOUR TIMES in the head. The IDF found some binoculars.

Silly me.. and here I thought that the IDF was in the wrong

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I bet they had other dangerous weapons too, like ropes! Seriously, this is just stupid. I don't think it matters if the pictures are old, because there are no pictures of weapons. An angle grinder? I have 2 in my garage, and if I was an engineer on an ocean ship, I would bring at least 10. Sure, angle grinders are pretty damn dangerous, but they're not even a foot long usually. If an Israeli commando can't subdue a guy with an angle grinder, just jump off the boat, you're useless. The other stuff is just junk that everyone would have on a ship like this. We should just leave isreal alone, and let them dig their grave.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If the guy who took the pictures had just forgotten to change the date on his camera than why would some pictures be dated 2006 while others are dated 2003?

Did he realize halfway through the photo shoot that the date on his camera was wrong, and then change it to another wrong date?

Who knows?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King

Is Israel passing of old pictures as new to further create more propaganda? The funniest part is they're claiming the people on the ship CUT STEEL PIPES WITH AN ANGLE GRINDER. For those not familiar with power tools, a grinder is used to remove rust, paint, or other coatings; not to cut metal.

That angle grinder has a cutoff wheel mounted. If you are truly familiar with power tools, I'm sure you'll understand the significance of that. They're used not only to cut metal, but will cut brick and block as well. I've used them to cut concrete.

As far as the EXIF data goes, it's a good guide, but it's not hard and fast. For example, I have photos in which the EXIF data says they were taken in 2027. Don't expect me to start any 'adventures in time travel' threads anytime soon, though.

The time stamp in EXIF data depends on the internal time setting of the camera, and can be tinkered with at the camera, or, as is more commonly the case, can be skewed by just a lazy operator who didn't take time to set the camera time. In that case, it will show 'old' data, as these do. Is there really that much daylight at 04:30 in the eastern med? That would indicate that this is just a failure to set internal camera time. The 'modification' date and time will show when the image was uploaded from the camera to a computer, and is more accurate in the case of a camera whose time has not been set, since most computers are set to auto-update.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
omg ! people omg there is WMD !!! Sling Shot and Marbles if you take a closer look! OMG!!! LOL! ohh Jesus C. Heaven Help Us ! yeah those Marbles do Hurt!! WOW Bullet Proof Vest are A Pain too so they cant get killed easy ! Look Im from Turkey and I got a Sling Shot to kick your Ass!

People are you people serious ! Camera Equipment Binoculars and BP Vest
and a Sling Shot ( LOL Real Hard ) with Mini Nuke exploding Marbles! ?
and a Grinder!! Hmmm now there a Weapon !

ok there Diseased Marbles ? Chemically induced Marbles Forensic Examination please!

off i go to the Alien and Ufo Conspiracy threads!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's not really proof that these pictures are old. It can simply mean that whoever took the pictures was too slack to ever set the date on the cameras.

IRM

Yeah, but wasn't too "slack" to arbitrarily change the dates on the camera(s). If they consider this evidence they are calling the entire world as retards.

And even if the photos had the correct data unless they post a picture of a fire arm in there there is no justification to open fire and kill people.

These guys need to pay double for this one, and have their penalties (whatever they might be) increased by an year for every dumb attempt to justify their acts on the internet.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ok now i have looked at the flicker site where these picture have come from for a closer look and i Found WMD!!!!

Tiny Axes and Sticks!!! and a a Couple of Small! Harpoons and alot of Sling Shots! where did they get all that at Hardware store something Like Walmart!
in the Camping Section ! ?

a Guy with a big Curved Knife ! that as a Commenter on the flicker site said it not related at all with the incident and puts link to where that picture came from! and a tiny pig sticker that all i can see

the last picture shows Clean knifes (bloodless) ( from the kitchen of the ship or is this a Fishery Ship ?) and some tool wrenches pipe wrenches , sticks! a Grapling Hook! a Hammer mallet , and Grinding Wheels and Rope!

yup all things need to be on a ship ! or a Fishery Boat ?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Some people are saying the camera didn't exist yet in 2006/02/07, but maybe the date format is not yyyy/mm/dd; maybe it is yyyy/dd/mm, which would mean July 2nd, 2006, which means the camera did exist at that time.

So what is the date format on that Exif data?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I performed a little investigation of this myself in this thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I own a Large steel building company. We use angle grinders of all sizes for exactly that. Cutting heavy gauge steel in hard to get places.
We modify mainframes made out of 1/2 inch steel with them.
We cut (in place) Z Perlins
Angle grinders are no joke.... I was doing a standing seam roof on a tennis court/fitness center.. My buddy pointed out a 10 walking in wearing next to nothing.. I looked up and the angle grinder slipped and went straight into my leg.. 30 stitches outside and 25 inside.
I could take an angle grinder and cut an average car right in half in less than 20 minutes with some of the angle grinders we have.
They make 2.5 hp angle grinders.. In case you dont know that would take you into 2 pieces in seconds.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Yeah, that's right...skip on past the fumbled propaganda images, further lies and downright deceit from the corrupt Israeli government, and head straight for the angle grinder eh mate?

I think i've heard all i need to from you too.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Yeah, i know!

Mind you, it's more than they ever found in Iraq...but less than is available on the average boy scout camping trip!

Frankly i'm amazed they didn't just plant a few crates of some seized weapons, or some of their own gear, and get themselves pictured pointing at it.

Plenty of time for that though.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Thats EXACTLY what i was thinking! Star for you!

Also, to the numbskulls who are trolling and saying "what did israel do, take these pics b/c they knew this floatilla incident would happen??? lol!!1!"

thats just bad trolling. Did you ever think maybe they took them for the chance that they could EVER be useful? did that ever cross your mind. these pics could work for 1,000's of possibilities!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

They make 2.5 hp angle grinders.. In case you dont know that would take you into 2 pieces in seconds.

That is a valid point. However, how well does an angle grinder work in ranged assault rifle combat? Commando with automatic weapon VS civilian with angle grinder....Hmmm...the only way the grinder would be a threat is if the civilian had 100% surprise. That seems hard to accomplish with an active power tool. I know I would shoot someone coming at me with a circular saw, and the grinder is no different. Perceived threat, yes. Actual threat - only if he got into range.

Anyhow, regarding the topic. These photos only prove that the civilians were not armed with firearms. I do not see any firearms in these photos. As many others have stated, all I see are tools common to any open water vessel.

I would "REPEL" boarders with any makeshift weapon I could find if I was boarded on international waters. I use the term repel because that is exactly what the civilians tried to do. They defended their boat from hostile boarders and should not be held liable in any way.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Flak jackets with Red Crescent flags?
The IDF can't possibly have medics running around with any form of protection on, can they..?

Not that they are any help against phosphor shells.

I heard on the BBC news that among the illegal items are pencils, and A4 paper.
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of illegal items?

One of the problems in getting aid to Gaza is the lack of any written or consistent list. When goods arrive, even the Israelis guarding the borders don't have a list to refer to. They have to ring an authority, tell them what is arriving, and wait, weeks sometimes, for word on which items can go though. So it's not only an embargo on certain items, it's also a constant harassment and disincentive for anyone to bring goods in.

We know that plastic toys, paper, pencils, nuts, dried fruit, fruit juice and canned food of any type is banned, along with building materials.

So it looks more like a war on children than a regular embargo.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by dragonridr

I own a Large steel building company. We use angle grinders of all sizes for exactly that. Cutting heavy gauge steel in hard to get places.
We modify mainframes made out of 1/2 inch steel with them.
We cut (in place) Z Perlins
Angle grinders are no joke.... I was doing a standing seam roof on a tennis court/fitness center.. My buddy pointed out a 10 walking in wearing next to nothing.. I looked up and the angle grinder slipped and went straight into my leg.. 30 stitches outside and 25 inside.
I could take an angle grinder and cut an average car right in half in less than 20 minutes with some of the angle grinders we have.

So what?

Many tools are dangerous. Any ship has to carry its own repair equipment.

There ain't no Bunnings Warehouse in the middle of the ocean.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Also when I looked at the photos, I saw a "slingshot and some steel balls."
I'll bet those things would let anyone hold their own against a soldier with
an uzi.

I'm wondering if someone within Israel wasn't trying to send a message with this report of slingshots being used.

We all know the story of little David, bravely defeating the evil and well armoured giant, Goliath, using nothing but his slingshot.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Exif data shows 4:00 am times.

Pictures are in broad daylight.

Camera time clearly not set, so camera date and time are not correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join