It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Impeachment Charges

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Why can we not just simply cut and run?
This is not my soil nor are they my Countrymen.
I say let the savages slug it out if they like.
Let the sand become glass.
The Mideast has been a sludge pit since the dawn of time, and will continue after we pullout.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by g146541]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by g146541]

I'm guessing you dont know a lot about military conflicts. There is a plethora of reasons you cannot simply cut and run in a situation like this.
-The amount of money and resources sunk into bases and equipment there
-the death toll would rise exponentially if you simply start packing up. Transporting that much equipment and material is a slow, tedious process. It would make our forces extremely vulnerable.
-The damage we have caused over there is immense. You cannot seriously advocate destroying multiple countreis and then simply leaving them to fend for themselves.

Sure the middle east has been in turmoil for centuries. WE are the ones that chose to stick our noses in. WE are now the ones responsible for cleaning up OUR mess.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

actually who should decide if something is an impeachment offense is the people

simply because this system was made for the people, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by boondock-saint

11. Failure to secure the border.
Tens of millions of people crossing the border isnt immigration.
Its an invasion.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

If that's a ground for impeachment you should have impeached every single president the US has ever had since the aforementioned piece of paper where you find that written came to exist.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyRHere913

Its kind of hard to wan to impeach Obama after being in office for about 1 1/2 years for doing what?! I think most of you are still bitter that he actually won. you guys need to get a life and get over it! Guess what?! Obama WILL be POTUS until 2012 and then will probably be elected for a second term. If you loved the USA with so much fervor then where were you when we were entering two ILLEGAL WARS and in case you forgot, it was Bush that gave the banks their 1st bailout not Obama!

I was out on the Interwebs protesting it just like I am with the current POTUS's actions....

They are ALL corrupt, the POTUS all the way down to the Congressional aides, but some of them don't even know it, they truly believe they are doing the right thing because they are surrounded by "experts" who they put faith in to have the "facts" that drive their "sound decision making".

Again, I use the analogy of being a manager or leader of a group of people. I have someone who can pour concrete, someone who puts up drywall, someone who puts a roof up... I personally might not have experience DOING any of them, but I have plenty of experience on knowing how to manage the expectations and responsibilities of them. If I don't KNOW that the concrete is solid, and I don't KNOW that the roof is in place properly, I am going to ask my subordinates and peers for their advice based on their experience and come to a decision when the builder asks me if everything is ready. If they all tell me "we're good to go boss", then I am going to trust them and proceed with my actions and tell the builder to proceed with selling the house. If they say otherwise, I would still follow their advice and say it's not ready. BUT IF THEY LIE TO ME, I am still going to follow their advice based on it, and regardless, I am accountable and responsible to the builder AND ultimately, to the people who buy the house.

These people who "represent" us today are not surrounded by you or me or the average Joe, they are surrounded by "experts" who are far removed from the normal day-to-day (just look at the way they live) and these "experts" are completely myopic, only seeing things in one way and having been brought up in a very different way than the average American, and the unfortunate effect of this is that they all surround each other so the thinking between them doesn't reflect any objectivity or outside reasoning. These "experts" look at the American people as children that need to be parented, not as equals that need cooperation and representatives of virtue to lead the country down a positive, growing and prosperous path. Add to that, the influence ON the "experts" with money coming from special interests and lobbyists and you have what makes for today's debacle that we call our government(s) - state and Federal. These people in no way represent the majority of the ideals and beliefs of the American people as a whole, not even partially. You can spout the election all you want, do some research into how the electoral college works before you state that it was a "fair" election, when we don't even get to choose who runs for President... so we get to pick the lesser of two evils instead of someone with moral standing, exceptional characteristics and qualities, strong virtue and ideals that truly benefit all Americans, not just a select few.

Now I say to you:

Where were you and what critical thinking or rational solutions have you contributed to the solution?

And unless any of you have a crystal ball or a time machine, I suggest you stop preaching a 2012 election with Obama winning... the fat lady is still singing strong.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

No.
wrong.
The definition would change every five minutes.
Law should never be decided solely by popular opinion.
we live in a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.
The Constitution sets the standard ( law), and we elect representatives to govern.I would certainly be helpful to America if it's citizens bothered to educate themselves on the basic principles we were founded on. Hint.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This makes no sense, don't you understand that all the presidents will be the same? Obama gets impeached, someone worse gets in office. We need to destroy and rebuild the government.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

Ok...if that is how you want to play it...I am part of "the people" and I say none of them are impeachable offenses.

Case closed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I hate the dinosaur, the hockey mom . . . I dunno. She is hot though.

Glenn Beck? I hate the guy. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Faiol

Ok...if that is how you want to play it...I am part of "the people" and I say none of them are impeachable offenses.

Case closed.

Uh, no my respected foe.

While I understand that you are being sarcastic, you certainly do not represent the majority of the public.

You are entitled to your opinion, but opinions are like buttholes...

EVERYONE HAS ONE AND THEY OFTEN STINK!!!!

Yours and mine included. Stick to the facts please.

Case re-opened.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I realise that you think you're debating...you're not.
All of your opponents points are valid...You seem for the most part to be saying 'nuh uh'
As far as your original points...none of them have any real basis in fact...it's all just right wing pufferey..
It's the OP's responsibility to do reasearch,first...not just throw what ever you can find at the wall and see what sticks.
The real problem with your premise is exposed in your first statement...I don't know why any acts of impeachment have been filed...
Because President Obama has'nt done anything worth being impeached for...So far the only thing anyone has Proven him guilty of is being half black...just my 2 cents..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow...

This has to be the most ignorant and grating thread I've seen on ATS.

The OP's method of posting links and then lashing out at everyone to refute them is NOT the way to prove a point.

It is NOT up to everyone else to disprove your hypothesis (though, I'm not sure about the "educated" part of the guess to begin with), but it is soley up to YOU to prove your point with facts and logic.

Posting links without backing them up and and firing back spasms of "fallacy" does nothing to your credibility as a voice of reason or source of information, it makes you look small and appear to lack basic critical thinking skills.

I highly suggest you do some research into the logical debate process and save us from your inane babble.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

1) Complicit in the Illinois House Seat
Scandal with Blagovich, included in that
charge is Rahm Emmanuel his chief of staff.

Not enough to impeach a president even if the law says so. Sorry but that's the reality. Unless of course the entire country raises into a single voice demanding it.

2) Obama administration admitted using bribes
of White House positions to quell opponents
of the Obama Administration. To include offering
jobs to Andrew Romanoff and Joe Sestak to drop
political races.

This is not exactly news when it comes to politics. Bribes start in their very own campaigns. Or do you really think the money to print all of those nice flyers, flags, trips and whatnots for every single candidate come out of their pockets?

3) Obama has just instructed the Supreme Court to
circumvent law by asking the court to carve out a
special exemption for businesses who break the law
by hiring illegal aliens

He might have asked, but he's not alone on this one so I think it would be a hard argument to use for impeachment.

4) Dr. Robert Weinstein, Rod Blagojevich and a host of
corruption figures in Illinois, many with ties to the
Middle East. The common denominator among all of these
corruption figures is Barack Obama. Obama has many long
time close ties to Tony Rezko and conspired with on or
more of Rezko, Levine, Weinsein and Blagojevich to rig
the IL Health Planning Facilities Board.

Check the ties of the past presidents and you will start to see a pattern. Nothing exactly new here. Bad, but not new.

5) Complicit in the act of killing hundreds of American
Military by continuing to support illegal wars that
were waged on a lie.

Please. Bush started this mess and no one seemed to even consider the idea of impeaching him. Now that those god forsaken places belong to no one and are in a complete chaos leaving isn't exactly a option.

6) Non-enforcement of Immigration laws

The laws are already in place and have always been. So I think it's not up to him to enforce them but to each state. Or do you expect the president to knock on every single company's door asking if they have illegal workers there?

7) Bailed out Bankers and Wall-Street to the tune
of Billions while Americans suffer in poverty with
no jobs and eating on food stamps. Yet allowed
fat bankers to take home millions in bonuses.

That's not something that simple. By not bailing out the banks he could instantly risk the whole economy causing a chaos that would throw the US in a dump. It's not right, but given the circumstances it was a way to buy sometime while assessing the situation properly. Or simply buying sometime in the hope that things would settle down.

8) Forced Obamacare down our throats to make it
a law that ALL Americans have to purchase said
item and then bribed certain congressmen with
illegal kickbacks to get it passed.

Controversial for sure, but you won't be able to use it as a impeachment argument.

9) Wasted Billions of dollars on stimulus
packages to stimulate the economy, meanwhile
the economy has only gotten worse.

You need to understand that the current status of the economy isn't really his fault. Bush left a mess for him to deal with and greedy companies and business mentalities didn't helped either. So... once again it's not a ground for impeachment.

10) Do I even have to mention Birth Certificate here.

Good luck trying to use that as argument for impeachment.

The real problem is that America woke up too late from the American dream.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the fact of the matter is he has done illegal stuffs.
even if they are impeachable offenses he will never be impeached
our system doesnt work like that, for instince if someone breaks in your house in the middle of the night with a gun in their hand and you happen to shoot and kill them you will go to jail. i shouldn't have to post a link for that last statement if you have been on ats long you have seen this happen at least once.

The real impeachable problem is the birth certificate thing. I remember hearing in grade school that in order to be president you have to be born in this country, at least 30 yrs old (or close to it, not sure the exact age).

im sure he is old enough im just not sure he is a naturally born citizen

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Look, Bush is no longer in office. I suggest we focus on the current President and stop bringing up what was done in the past. The past is not going to help us, or matter, if we do not try to fix the present.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by badfish86
Now think logically about this.

If someone was trying to take something away from you. like i dunno presidency. With sooo many people disrespecting Obama. Ask your self this, What do you do when people disrespect you, cut up your heritage stating basically it's not good enough?

Obama came into office with lots of respect and hope for the USA. Logically speaking to retreat after being over sea's for so long from a country you've already ticked off would then bring the war to home soil.

Now to disrespect the man that's leading the USA is disgusting because if i was Obama why would he protect the people that are trying to ruin him. Their is sooooooooo much Obama disrespect right now, do you think he now cares for you?

NO

He cares for himself now. If I was Obama I would protect my self and only myself. With all this harassment he deals with and now impeachment charges does he now have the time do be president? my guess prob not.

Sounds like you agree that on top of all of obama's other failings, that he's also very weak.

If he couldn't take the heat he should have never applied for or taken the job.

Analogy: What do good companies do with failing employees, keep them on because they feel sorry for them? I don't think so ...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Please forgive me if I only cover something that's already been addressed. I admit that I only read the first 3 pages before replying here. Be that as it may...

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Not one of your examples is an impeachable offense...maybe you should study up on what is an impeachable offense.

US Constitution, Article 2, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Bold emphasis is mine.

Treason itself is lawfully defined by the Constitution itself, under Article 3, section 3, Clause 1:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

By refusing to enforce the immigration laws, Obama not only acts in Breech of Oath to "execute faithfully" the laws of the land, but also extends aid & comfort (at the very least) by also denegrating the states that are forced to take action on the President's lackluster Oath. Just because illegal aliens invading our nation are not in the uniform of foreign military, it doesn't make it any less of an invasion. At the very least, illegal aliens are already commiting Criminal Trespass, even if they do nothing else.

Bribery is also pretty well defined, but it hasn't been limited to Congressional Officers who consistantly bribe each other with Taxpayer money to get votes through...It's just more rampantly practiced openly in Congress than in the White House.

A "high Crime" is simply what it says...A "Crime" under the Supreme Law of the Land is nothing less than when someone violates another's Natural, Legal and/or Civil Rights enumerated under the Law.

Even a simple parking ticket constitutes a "misdemeanor." By the language & the context of language known & used by the Founding Fathers, a "misdemeanor" means that the person's "demeanor is amiss." Simply put, it's the "Catch 22" included in the Constitution that makes impeachment available for any conduct unbecoming of a government officer. Even the Uniform Code of Military Justice contains its own version of it, as all military personnel must also take an Oath of Office.

Considering that all of the charges brought forth by the OP, each & every single one of them also consitututes "Acts in Breech of Oath of Office," as they all describe specific violations of the Powers & Limitiations enumerated for the Presidential Office. Heck, for that matter, the OP only barely scratched the surface!

Maybe YOU should be the one to take your own advice to read the Constitution a little more closely, hmmmm?

Originally posted by Cygnis
So, we have numerous REASONS why the government needs to be... corrected..

Now.. How about we figure out a way to FIX it.

I've run across this series of videos that outline such a fix. It starts on the local level, initiated by the People, will show rapid & positive results & also could spread to the national level very quickly. I found it to be quite thought-provoking, at the very least. In a nutshell, it simply puts forth an a simple concept right into the faces of political incumbents...Either start honoring the Oath of Office or be removed from Office (via Special Election with Recall on the ballot). Heck, we don't even have to wait for the next regular election cycle to initiate this!

It doesn't do any good to threaten the people in office...Far more effective to threaten their jobs! What's the one thing they always work on, even to the exclusion of anything else, once acheiving an Office? Of course, they'll always try to secure that postition for as long as they can!

We merely tell them, "Shape up or ship out (And make it STICK, with the Law!)!"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
WELL DONE!

Originally posted by boondock-saint
7) Bailed out Bankers and Wall-Street to the tune
of Billions while Americans suffer in poverty with
no jobs and eating on food stamps. Yet allowed
fat bankers to take home millions in bonuses.

The only thing is you might edit that to say TRILLIONS.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
as expected the trolls enter from stage left
and give every possible reason why folks
who think critically are wrong.

I was a member of the sheeple for so long
and have awakened to see it for what it is.

And once again, this thread is NOT about Bush,
it is about Obama. Please stay on topic.

I have seen some weak arguments before
but some of you people are just downright
living in a fantasy world called Obama-Nation.

He HAS committed crimes.

He HAS lied to the American public.

He HAS covered it up.

He HAS used his official powers to circumvent law.

He HAS NOT enforced laws already on the books.

He HAS failed to set us on the right path.

and

He HAS to go !!!!!

AND YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOU ARE ASKING CONGRESS TO IMPEACH THE MAN.

Where is your evidence ??

I am calling Buwsh!t on this one.... you have done no such thing.... this is just another Obama knocking thread,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
posters keep bringing up Obama's approval
ratings.

Am I the only one here who believes
that approval ratings have absolutely nothing
to do with committing crimes ???

The ratings point is moot compared
to the OP's charges.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
AND YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOU ARE ASKING CONGRESS
TO IMPEACH THE MAN.

Where is your evidence ??

u r typing in the evidence.
I can ask them to do this
from a public forum can I not ???

I never stated that I filed any paperwork.

And I'll say it again:

I'm asking Congress to Impeach Obama

see there, I did it again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join