It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Am i right in thinking the US will stand by Israel unless they act first, being part of NATO.

Am i right thinking US will stand by them knowing there nuclear capabilities?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TopFlight]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TopFlight

Israel is not a member of NATO, nor is Ireland. Most likely, there will be no incident in this particular case, but hypothetically speaking, if there were, I would guess that the US would attempt to maintain neutrality.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Sorry, i was trying to say that the US would stand by israel unless they were the one what induced the war. The US knowing they have to stand by NATO

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This whole affair is exposing the USA, as Israel's ally, in a very unfavorable moment.

USA is nervous, to say the least.

Turkey is an important NATO member and Israel just declared war to it. Can it really be ignored?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

If there is an incident the following article might be of interest..

UK discusses with U.S. ways to ease Gaza blockade

(Reuters) - Britain and the United States have discussed what can be done to ease the Israeli blockade on Gaza after Israel's deadly raid on a Gaza aid flotilla, Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Wednesday.

Hague told parliament that the incident, in which nine civilians died, arose "from the unacceptable and unsustainable situation in Gaza."

"We will ... continue to press the Israeli government to lift the closure of Gaza, and plan early discussions with Israel as well as our other international partners about what more can be done to ensure an unfettered flow of aid while ensuring that aid reaches those who need it and is not abused," he said.

"I discussed this with (U.S.) Secretary (of State Hillary) Clinton last night and we will be taking forward discussions on this subject urgently," said Hague, a senior member of Britain's new Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

If it is ignored then NATO would/should understandably collapse!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TopFlight

Not say, if US/UK take unilateral action to reassure both Turkey and Israel... Which is quite possible since they have both operated outside such mandates before...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopFlight
reply to post by DangerDeath

If it is ignored then NATO would/should understandably collapse!

That, sure, is in play, along with economic instability in Europe, and Turkey has given all hope of joining EU. It is inclining more towards the East nowadays.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Turkey is an important NATO member and Israel just declared war to it. Can it really be ignored?

Lets not get carried away. Turkey is not going to go to war over one international incident. This is just good, old fashioned sabre rattling. Neither side wants a war.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Yes maybe Israel nor Turkey want this war (I'm thinking Trkey does tho) But i'm beting surrounding country's do and will try to ensure that this happens

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

The American citizen was identified by the Anatolia news agency as Furkan Dogan, a 19-year-old student. His body had four bullet wounds to the head and one to the chest, the news agency reported.

sounds to me like this american citizen was executed...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

So... Are they honoring her for ignorance? How stupid could this girl have been? Man-VS-Bull dozer .. Bulldozer wins 10/10.. Dont knock me for calling her ignorant... If she was smart ... She would have realized she could have helped THOUSANDS over her lifetime.. Not this gem... she decided to become flat.. What did she solve?? I bet the house was still bulldozed and everyones life went forward. It is sad that this happened... But using your body as a shield is very very stupid..Unless your saving a loved one.. Then I would say "HERO".. But for a house??? Give the resident a place to stay and press on with your humanitarian ways! Blunt.... But I am right..and you know it!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
www.washingtonpost.com...

The American citizen was identified by the Anatolia news agency as Furkan Dogan, a 19-year-old student. His body had four bullet wounds to the head and one to the chest, the news agency reported.

sounds to me like this american citizen was executed...

Hmm four to the head?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Concerning the middle east. I say pull the foreign troops out of there and let them have at it. Let the strongest survive and let God sort out the dead once and for all.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by StealthKix

So... Are they honoring her for ignorance? How stupid could this girl have been? Man-VS-Bull dozer .. Bulldozer wins 10/10.. Dont knock me for calling her ignorant... If she was smart ... She would have realized she could have helped THOUSANDS over her lifetime.. Not this gem... she decided to become flat.. What did she solve?? I bet the house was still bulldozed and everyones life went forward. It is sad that this happened... But using your body as a shield is very very stupid..Unless your saving a loved one.. Then I would say "HERO".. But for a house??? Give the resident a place to stay and press on with your humanitarian ways! Blunt.... But I am right..and you know it!

man vs bulldozer ........ In my eyes man should win 10/10 what right does someone have just because there in the bulldozer too run a Human over?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Like Israel has this reputation for complying with anyone else's mandates - does Israel supersede the UN or something? I'm no big fan of the UN - but let's get this straight - if it was not for the actions of the UN displacing the Palestinians - in 1948 to begin with - there would be no freakin' Israel.

Then there's the NATO issue - and attacking vessels with the Turkish flag like that - probably not such a good idea. Israel is not making a lot of friends lately; hasn't been for a while - so maybe it should back up and take very careful stock of the situation if it is in fact fighting for its own survival. So are the Palestinians and they have as much right to fight for their survival as Israel does. No one seems to be depriving Israel of food, water or... weapons.

Israel, if nothing else, deserves to be taught how to respect others.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by undermind
Divert to Darfur !! Whaddaya reckon Irish???

Only 400,000 mostly non-muslims killed by Omar al-Bashir and the Janjaweed Islamicists in the last six years or so... There must be - oh gosh - at least that many again still hiding under plastic sheets in the Darfur region of South Western Sudan.

Oh wait. They can't deliver aid to Darfur. Omar al-Bashir has a blockade on all humanitarian aid entering Sudan. Well, I guess we better just respect that, I mean, 400,000 dead, over a million displaced in six years in the Sudan versus about 40,000 killed on both sides in the 60 years of all these countries attacking Israel. Hey, the Sudan can wait.

Thank you for those stats.

Makes ya wonder doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I apologize if you are blind and not able to watch the video.. But if you are not..WTH do you mean innocent?? If I would have repeled down on that boat and was greated like these IDF soldiers.. I would have looked like Jessy the body in Predator!

I am going to assume that the tree huggers on this boat.. mistook the "shots across the bow" as shots directed at them.. So they attacked.. The only way these IDF are wrong is if the shot at people BEFORE they tried boarding... Once that first guy drops in and gets attacked.. I would have made that deck look like Jamestown..

All of you calling this Blockade Illegal... Just because you don't think it is right... DOES NOT MAKE IT ILLEGAl.. It is actually very legal. Just admit it..you want Israel to be destroyed!

I too want Israel to be attacked.. But my reasons are as follows.. I would love to see Israel shut you guys up and take on Turkey/Iran/Syria/lebannon all at once.. I believe they can..

I know I come off as pro Israel... I am athiest.. I do not like 90% of what Israel does.. But I also think they are poked and prodded so bad by their neighbors... I would like to see them unleash the beast and flatten them like bugs!

This is like watching a UFC fight.. who cares who wins.. But it is gonna be one hell of a fight!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

the only reason for that is the darfur is a deserted backwater with no value at all. where as the palestinian problem involves thee flash point of the world.. jerusalem.. therefore of course it will garner far more attention because it indirectly involves 2 billion people+

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Incredibly brave and inspirational, not stupid, willing to stand up to injustice at no matter what cost.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by vagabondrobb]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join