It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Which ever way you try to twist it, running a Naval blockade, whether recognised or not is an act of defiance, provocation and stupidity.

It is relying upon the fact that Israel will predictably 'seize and search' the vessel as it has clearly warned to ensure that no arms or funds are being smuggled into a country with a track record of inciting international hatred towards the Israelis through propaganda and militant provocation.

Largely the the civilians on board have been duped by arabic media porpaganda into thinking that they are fighting the good fight against a murderous govenment that specifically target women, children, elderly, hospitals, schools etc.

To top it all off, some of the western media are in on it...

Welcome to 'Pallywood'.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Godspeed the Irish.
That's all i'm (sic) saying.

If there was an American Naval Blockade around Cuba to prevent nukes from getting in, would you be saying the same thing.
Israel is fighting for it's safety....

Analogy FAIL.

Your analogy might work if the Irish were trying to deliver nukes to Gaza. But they are not. The Irish are trying to deliver humanitarian aid (medical supplies, etc).

So, what exactly are the Israelis "protecting" themselves from, healthy Palestinians perhaps?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Why the hell is the Irish PM trying to threaten Israel?? ..

And why after how many months.. no .. years.. is there a sudden problem with the blockade?? .. You can still send aid, it just has to be checked for rockets and chemicals first! .. I am saddened to see the Irish PM promoting such reckless behavior.. no one has had any problems getting aid into Gaza, except for the one boat that tried to actually break the blockade.

Please don't be naive!

Your American media is not telling you the whole truth.

It's not only rockets and chemicals they are lifting out from the aid!

For example: plastic toys - crayons and paper for the children so they can draw is also forbidden - candy - school books - orange juice or food wich has good nutrition values - choclate - refrigerators - washing machines - spare machine parts - books - music - fabrics - threads - light bulbs - candles - matches - clothing - shoes - mattresses - sheets - blankets - cutlery - crockery - cups - glasses - animals - certain well needed medicines -cement are also forbidden so they can't rebuild their bombed houses - building materials (which are necessary to rehabilitate Gaza's ruins and rebuild its infrastructure), tea - cinnamon - coffee - sausages - salami -semolina - sesame seeds and nuts - milk products in large packages and most baking products are forbidden etc etc and list just goes on & on & on!

The israelis has put them on low calory diet - and they receive food with low nutrition value like very poor factory junk food and small packages of industrial frozen food junk products .

Thereof many poor malnourished children and sick children & people in Gaza!

stopwar.org.uk...

thekickinghorse.wordpress.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by aching_knuckles

So dark humor can't be intelligent? Don't be so close minded mr Walking wolf riding on feathers in a dancing moons light. Stupid NO.. Blunt and harsh.. A little.

I think you missed out "PLAIN IGNORANT ....YES"

And to all you people who say the people on board these boats are terrorists .... where were the guns? there AK's? there RPG's there mines? surely a boat armed with such treasures of technology would have put up a DECENT fight against the ITF .. sorry IDF force of habit... i'll give you three guesses what the T stands for.

Unless you've been living under a rock since cast lead the hamas government STILL have access to Egyptian bound smuggling tunnels they have NO problem fitting guns, goats, children, mortars & rpg's through there why would they need a ship? they planning to cruise missile israel with cluster bombs LOL now THAT would be ironic IMO.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by rationaluser]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xdavedogx
I do not understand the hatred people have for Israel and especially the pro Islamic sentiment on ATS recently.

Pro islamic sentiments? Even though we don't have Dooper anymore to spread his infinite knowledge of Islam ATS is still definitely NOT pro-islamic.

Originally posted by Gakus
Israel has a right to defend itself and maintain it's blockade.

Israel does not have a right to maintain its blockade

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Rachel Corrie cargo manifest in tons:

Bagged Cement 550.000
Printing Paper 20.000
School Supplies/Books 25.000
Toys 12.000
Medical Equipment 150.000

Link to copy of manifest

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
go get those damn isrealis!
go irisih!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

The problem lies in the fact that they have run an illegal three year blockade on a largely civilian population.

I understand the fact that Israel would like to keep any and all weapons out of Gaza, but it is not their right. The only right they have is to stop any flow of weapons from THEIR country into Gaza.

Would Israel be willing to accept a blockade on their country by an outside force? Israel is a terrorist state in my mind, and in the minds of many. What if we were to stop the flow of U.S. arms and ammunition into Israel, would it be fair to degrade their ability to defend themselves from further agression?

I understand your reasoning skellon, and I respect your opinion as usual. These types of preemptive military actions may seem logical, but they undermine the very idea of freedom in my mind. Our own country is guilty of it in certain cirumstances, but our country is not nearly as openly murderous as Israel. If an overwhelming majority of the people in that region do not like Israel then they should be entitled to do what they will as free people. If Israel wishes to protect its people they must be willing to sacrifice and come to agreeable terms with their neighbors; economically, socially, territorially and militarily (must admit I'm not so sure that I did not make up the term territorially). The "Jewish state" of Israel abuses the modern military equipment they have been given by us to push around and impose their will on everyone in the region.

Israel and America are starting to become so closely associated that it is scary. I understand how and why that is happening, but it does not make it right.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There are 40,000,000 Irish Americans! that's lot of votes, interesting to see how America will react if the Ship get's a hard time from Israel!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

WOW.. ITF .. Brilliant. You should call friends and family and let them know how well you play with anagrams... So let me get this straight... A terrorist is defined by the type of semi/automatic weapon they carry? I have to believe that the ignorance of the posts about this raid are out of deep seeded hate instead of knowledge of the facts. From the FACTS ... not guesses and opinions.. I believe that the IDF acted accordingly. Why are so many people ignoring the facts? I still believe the tree huggers on the boat mistook the IDF firing accross the bow to make them stop, as the IDF firing AT them. So they attacked thinking they had been fired on..They weren't fired on.. So the activists made the mistake that cost them 9 friends. Isreal looks at these aid shipments as dangerous.

JERUSALEM - Palestinian militants have smuggled nearly 70 tons of explosives and bomb-making materials and other weapons into Gaza since Israel ended an offensive meant to choke off the arms flow, a senior Israeli defense official said Sunday.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Bingo

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Skellon......

This question is directly aimed at you. Since you seem to believe everything Israel says.

In 60 years of war, Israel or any of its solders ( according to its own investigations ), has not committed 1 war crime. No other country with a democracy and legal system has been able to accomplish this.

Every single Arab they have shot, deserved it.

Could you please explain that improbable perfect record for me. In simple English because I am not that bright.

Time to prove you are a critical thinker and not a disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
wow! pages and pages of bickering, any facts? heres one, may have been posted but I got tired of looking for substance

Irish aid ship delays voyage to Gaza

CNN.com

They state that they want more video equip & more GPS related gear...what does this tell you?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I'm of Irish-German descent. For my part, it makes no real difference to me. It all depends upon who instigates the incident in my eyes; granted, I don't think this Irish shipment will meet with any problems.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

I understand and respect your opinion mate.

It is far from a black and white situation, this is what frustrates me about posters that treat it as such. The blind hatred for one side or the other is, in my opinion ignorant and shows that people are largely not objective or do not put the effort into reading the long history of this very complex problem.

Both sides are guilty, Israel will skew things to defend its largely considered excessive preemtive military actions and the Arabs will largely exaggerate the consequences of Israels military action.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

What is a VT machine?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Skellon......

This question is directly aimed at you. Since you seem to believe everything Israel says.

In 60 years of war, Israel or any of its solders ( according to its own investigations ), has not committed 1 war crime. No other country with a democracy and legal system has been able to accomplish this.

Every single Arab they have shot, deserved it.

Could you please explain that improbable perfect record for me. In simple English because I am not that bright.

Time to prove you are a critical thinker and not a disinfo agent.

Please note: I am going to post this question every time you log on and comment on Israel. Until you answer.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

It is kinda black and white about this blockade.
I dont see how you can justify a blockade to a civilian population.
you starve everyone for the bad acts of some...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Godspeed the Irish.
That's all i'm (sic) saying.

If there was an American Naval Blockade around Cuba to prevent nukes from getting in, would you be saying the same thing.
Israel is fighting for it's safety and has warned all ships to a certain harbor for inspection. Any ships running the blockade will be stopped.
Any ship that runs a naval blockade deserves to be dealt with in the extremes.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Violater1]

I am dumbfounded how you got so many stars for such an ignorant post.
For 1- Nukes are not being transported to Gaza, AID is!!!

Israel can defend it's self, when they are in fact in danger.

As I understand, the assault occurred in international waters...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted

you are obviously one of the Israel PR activist who probably get money for speaking lies and you have that tools that search for any forum to make israel propaganda against the truth

first of all you should know that 90 % of the entire flotilla were on that boat ... it was the leading boat with 600 freedom activist on it most of the 10000t of aid was on it
that why they say it was the only boat boarded that we had trouble
dont excuse the IDF that say it was the only terrorist boat that we had trouble ...
i have heard the IDF had even a list of people to shoot and kill and then tossed them in the sea

this flotilla cover up is worst then the 9/11 cover up
israel constantly make false flag operation so other country go to war
and all fact are then cover

USA congress is pro israeli lobby by more then 70% and are probably jewish and make big money thats why Obama have is balls chained by israel like a puppy dog exactly like Bush
only the smile is different from bush to obama
both are controlled

go take a look of the picture of the 9 turk that were killed if you have no emotion then you no soul get out of here with ur hatred lies of israeli propaganda its digusting that some humans are like you

Israel are probably happy to about the oil spill in the gulf
i could bet on it

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join