It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I hope no one is yet again injured and I applaud the Irish for their attempt, not at delivering aid, but at showing the world the true mindset of the Israeli wardens who imprison the children of Palestine behind walls with no hope or future.

Hopefully this will be the first of many international attempts to get aid through. Every ship turned back, attacked or confiscated is another nail in the reputation of Israel. I fear though, that Israel does not care about what any other country thinks about them. The Israeli "Chosen People" mindset is a dangerous flaw on earths society. A flaw that could lead to devastation never before seen.

To those who defend the attrocities in Gaza I say " Karma is real" and has a sore bite.

Respects

[edit on 3-6-2010 by captiva]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by undermind
Divert to Darfur !! Whaddaya reckon Irish???

Only 400,000 mostly non-muslims killed by Omar al-Bashir and the Janjaweed Islamicists in the last six years or so... There must be - oh gosh - at least that many again still hiding under plastic sheets in the Darfur region of South Western Sudan.

Oh wait. They can't deliver aid to Darfur. Omar al-Bashir has a blockade on all humanitarian aid entering Sudan. Well, I guess we better just respect that, I mean, 400,000 dead, over a million displaced in six years in the Sudan versus about 40,000 killed on both sides in the 60 years of all these countries attacking Israel. Hey, the Sudan can wait.

Excellent point. Sadly, Darfur is only a cool topic when Hollywood decides that it is. Darfur is clearly not cool anymore and the backs of the posers have been turned once again. Hell, politically fragile ares of Africa in general are being ignored by the world because no one on the outside has a vested interest in what is happening there.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

eh, the way i see it if you expect to be blocked and arent sure whats going to happen, wouldnt you want as many cameras on board as possible to document what happens?? the only propaganda i see is coming from the israeli side..

news.antiwar.com...

The Israeli government has rejected a UN Security Council resolution calling for an international investigation of their attack on a civilian aid ship earlier this week, saying that they would conduct their own internal probe and that this was good enough.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Pixus
If the Irish ship is attacked, the British and the Americans will be extremely angry, both have close ties to Ireland. Ireland is also a part of the EU.

This may be the action these 2 western nations have been waiting for, an excuse to finally tell Israel where to shove it.

Heck, why not just get every financially strapped nation to form an armada and descend on Israel to start ww3? Who next in PIIGS nations? Spain, or portugal or both or all at the same time.

The jews had often been a scapegoat since time immemorial. Even in this supposed enlightenment times, WE still stoop to such atrocity. Let it rip then. Let loose the dogs of war. Let us be culled and all dead. We don't seem to deserve a second chance. NWO wins.

LOL in case you havent noticed, a good majority of the "NWO" are Jewish and Zionists.

Maybe t ereason everyone hates Israel is because Israel is where most of the Banksters and media moguls reside/have residency automatically....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I agree with what you've written.
This wasn't about aid getting to the people of Gaza.

Israel made a huge blunder. Some would say that they were set up.

Personally, I think that the perception of Israel in the world at large is plummeting. They react to situations if a very heavy handed manner. I think that Israel needs to rethink their strategy for figuring out how to live the the people in the West Bank and the Gaza strip.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Look I am not trying to argue right and wrong.. I am arguing stupid and intelligent.

I am sure you dont want to play cowboys and indians again right?.. Didn't go so well the first time for your people.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why the hell is the Irish PM trying to threaten Israel?? ..

And why after how many months.. no .. years.. is there a sudden problem with the blockade?? .. You can still send aid, it just has to be checked for rockets and chemicals first! .. I am saddened to see the Irish PM promoting such reckless behavior.. no one has had any problems getting aid into Gaza, except for the one boat that tried to actually break the blockade.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vagabondrobb

You make a good point. I look at my value being my strong convictions/opinions... I would be of little use dead.. I would do much more alive and fighting for what I believe.. So from my stand point.. standing in front of heavy machinery is plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hell if we want to go on numbers, screw Darfur and to hell with Palestine.. the Congo has seen 2-3 MILLION die since 1999 .. They even have coastline, if that Irish shipped wanted to dock.. the only aid they've gotten was some UN peace keepers who had a habit of taking young girls.

Yay for publicity!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

We might not know where the ship is, but you can bet the Israeli navy does. Does Ireland have any submarines?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

There is a filmmaker on board the Rachel Corrie, can't remember where I read it, but I did!

I think somebody had the foresight to see what a fascinating story this would make!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

ireland's armed forces are the eqivalent to lebanon.. they aint got crap.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

What do you mean?? Lebanon has millions of rocks and broken stuff to throw.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Godspeed the Irish.
That's all i'm (sic) saying.

If there was an American Naval Blockade around Cuba to prevent nukes from getting in, would you be saying the same thing.
Israel is fighting for it's safety and has warned all ships to a certain harbor for inspection. Any ships running the blockade will be stopped.
Any ship that runs a naval blockade deserves to be dealt with in the extremes.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Violater1]

Dude, you must be on drugs and totally high. The Israel army are in international waters, therefore they have NO RIGHT to check or come aboard any ship. Even better if you do that is like attacking the embassy of the country where that ship is registried.
if you agree with israel's policy I am afraid you are closer to nazis than you actually think.

Go irish, let see if they are brave enough to attack EU ship this time!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

it should be very close to the blockade (block-aid) by now.
it is a sailing vessel though, and speed may vary due to this.
im sure we'll hear sooner than later if they receive the same reception as the flotilla did...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah has called for a mass rally in Beirut on Friday during which he will announce "serious measures" in response to Israel's deadly raid on a Gaza aid flotilla.

"What happened with the 'Freedom Flotilla'... necessitates serious stances and measures," Nasrallah said in a televised speech Thursday to mark the 21st anniversary of the death of the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Nasrallah said he would "announce the position... we should all take and work for" during a rally to be held Friday evening in Hezbollah's stronghold in Beirut's mainly Shiite southern suburb.

The Hezbollah chief urged "all Lebanese, Palestinians and Arabs and Muslims in Lebanon" to take part in the rally to mark their "solidarity and support for the besieged people of Gaza, for the heroes of the Freedom Flotilla who returned home alive and especially for the martyrs of the fleet."

Palestinian refugees in Lebanon are also set to mark a "day of anger" on Friday in protest against the deadly raid.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just minor clarification if it hasn't been brought up yet: This is NOT a new attempt, apparently there were several Irish citizens (though not all Irish born) on the boat that was seized. The last boat in the Flotilla was the Irish owned boat.. which is continuing on it's course:

Meanwhile, one of the last boats in the Gaza mission, the Irish-owned MV Rachel Corrie is continuing its slow journey to the Israeli-imposed exclusion zone. It is expected to hit the embargo area tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

www.irishtimes.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Izzyt84

I couldn't help but notice you only just joined ATS. Was that to come on here and say that everyone hates Israel? I don't think we hate Israel... but a lot of people hate injustices around the world, whatever nation committs them.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.adnkronos.com...

Leading Muslim scholars and religious leaders in Saudi Arabia have called for jihad against Israel after the deadly raid on the Gaza humanitarian aid flotilla this week. In a statement distributed to Arab media, 70 of the country's prominent religious leaders said Muslims had an "obligation" to take action and to help end the embargo on Gaza aid.

"We have to strike at the heart of Israel to drive them out of Muslim territories in a way that breaks the Gaza embargo," the statement said.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.niburu.nl...

Watch the first 5min. This is weird. They talk about Israel and so on.. crazy coincidence..

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join